Driving License (Bike) without Visa?

aldriglikvid

I got mine last September while on a tourist visa. My only recommendation is to review thoroughly the test questions that are available on YouTube. I cannot imagine anyone passing the test without a review. Poor English translation, and poorly written questions, as well as some funny traffic laws. Really difficult if English is a second language. Most Farangs failed in my class. (most Thais as well)

2 minutes ago, Ulic said:

Most Farangs failed in my class. (most Thais as well)

I failed the "theory" test x2  on one day then had to come back the next day where I scraped past

as you say the questions ( at least in English version)

often make no sense, some of the  "correct" answers are plainly wrong..remember that driving your milatary tank on the public road is fully legal...but having no windscreen is worse than having no headlights..:w00t::stoner:

just did it last month,  30day exempt..   residence cert from embassy ($50..no proof needed..just fill out the form)  opted for  the  assistance of a "service company "  Bt2k   includes  ...accompany and payment to med office for cert , and  DLT fee    no lines or waiting total at DLT   no language barrier

( use international licence  do not show home country license and you do not have to watch video )

2 stick depth perception test  ..  reaction  test ...color blind test  ..   total 10 mins time

get pictures  taken   car and mc    met agent 9:30am  did the med test went across to DLT was back @ hotel  11:45 

You will need a medical and TM30

((You will not be able to get a Proof of Residence document from Immigration (you can only get this if you have submitted a 90 day report)).

The above is incorrect, your landlord should have submitted a TM30 report within 24 hours of your arrival.
Why don't you get an International Driving Permit from your own country, word of warning, these are only valid 90 days from arrival in Thailand, although the document states a validity of one year.

Hopefully your home country license is valid mKes it a lot easier. 

In Udon Thani you need your IDP.

When I got the temporary was able to go to Kumphawapi which is closer to my home. The 5 year license had to go to Udon Thani.

Archived