DMK Crackdown?

2 hours ago, Peterbilt said:

Would be nice to know where the 2 SETV and the METV had been issued. May be there's a connection between the country where the TVs have been issued and the chances of denial at DMK or BKK.

All issued from London, and i have been back to the UK for at least 3 months between each of my visits to Thailand - and have no extension stamps in my passport. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lkn said:

we still lack firsthand evidence/knowledge of someone being rejected on a METV, and the reasoning given for this rejection.

I have first hand knowledge. Reasoning was the same as for visa exempt or SETV denials of entry. "You stay too long in Thailand." Financial proof required to obtain visa was not considered. I would strongly advise METV holders who have a passport with a history of spending over, say, 50 to 60% of their last year or so in Thailand to avoid flying in to either of the Bangkok airports unless the METV is in a new passport.

• Like 1

Last year I flew into DMK from Penang, entering visa-exempt. I had used 2-3 tourist visas in the previous 12 months, I think at least one had had the 30 day extension. When I got to immigration, there were maybe 3 booths open for foreign passports, and one booth which said "all passports" but in Thai script only. The queue was at least 15 deep at the 3 open booths, but nobody at the one which said all passports in Thai. I went up to the one written in Thai, thinking that is surely must be closed, but they stamped me in and I was through in under 2 minutes, it seems very few visitors can read Thai.

Edited by SteveK