Trump weighs labelling Muslim Brotherhood a terrorist group

webfact

4 hours ago, malagateddy said:

As a Glasgow man..I dislike the orange order, the order if the hibernians etc etc.
It is disgraceful that in Glasgow and surrounding areas..local authorities persist with imo..the religious apartheid sectarian educational system.
Sadly playing that card gets them votes.
Now back to the topic..never been to Egypt so honestly do not know much about the country it's politics..quality of life of the average Egyptian.
Cheers

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

So your're in favor of abolishing the catholic only schools where pupils have be catholic? Throw in the Masons to - rather more worrying than the Oranges and Hibs!

The point with Egypt is they elected a government, it was overthrown by a very authoritarian who doesn't worry about HR and seems trying to cement himself in power whatever the people want; and he's supported by the US because they prefer him to the democratically elected government he overthrew!

Anyone for hypocrisy?

• Like 2

Dissing dodgy allies when it suits them is burger and fries for incumbents of Capitol Hill, as the as Manuel Noriega, Sadam Hussein, Osama Bin Laden and a host of other casualities of US fickleness could testify.

As Henry Kissinger once admitted in a weak moment, "America has no permanent friends or enemies, only interests'. 

They should engrave this on the tombstone of the Muslim Brotherhood.

So your're in favor of abolishing the catholic only schools where pupils have be catholic? Throw in the Masons to - rather more worrying than the Oranges and Hibs!

The point with Egypt is they elected a government, it was overthrown by a very authoritarian who doesn't worry about HR and seems trying to cement himself in power whatever the people want; and he's supported by the US because they prefer him to the democratically elected government he overthrew!

Anyone for hypocrisy?

Freemasonery I know very little about.
Yes..I would abolish catholic, muslim, jewish, protestant etc only schools if they were funded by the council tax payers.
If you want bigotry, etc to cease..put every child of every religion in schools TOGETHER..let them form hopefully life long friendships.
Any parent wishing their child to go to a school where only kids of his/her religion go to..let them be educated at a non taxpayer funded PRIVATE school..that's my opinion.
Enough of the religious apartheid educational system..a stupid ill thought out sectarian method which should be immediately stopped.
Egypt..the muzzie b/hood..a religious apartheid organisation is it not??
Do you think eg..a hindu, a humanist or a roman catholic could join???
Answers on a postcard please
Have a lovely day

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Correct, IMO. In my recollection under the Morsi government, Christians were being slaughtered, while the rest of the world stood by and did nothing, including the US.

Actually, under the Mubarak regime Copts were persecuted and treated far worse than they were under the Muslim Brotherhood Regime. The single worst atrocity against the Copts was the Maspero massacre.

Maspero Massacre initially started as demonstrations on October 2011 by a group dominated by Egyptian Copts in reaction to the demolition of a church in Upper Egypt claimed to be built without appropriate license.[1] The peaceful protesters who intended to stage a sit-in in front of the Maspiro television building were attacked by security forces and the army, resulting in 24 deaths, mostly among the Coptic protestors, and 212 injuries, most of which were sustained by Copts.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maspero_demonstrations

And i under the current Sisi regime the mistreatment continues. Not to excuse the Morsi regime. But it was nothing special in its mistreatment of the Copts which began in earnest under Anwar Sadat.

16 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Anyone for hypocrisy?

To be fair Morsi broke with his election pledges and started to implement Islamist rule which generated huge protests against his rule. On the other side of the coin el-Sisi murdered hundreds of protesters against his coup. However, el-Sisi commenced a crack down against Islamist Imams, but now increasingly trending to a dictatorship, supported by KSA.

23 minutes ago, simple1 said:

To be fair Morsi broke with his election pledges and started to implement Islamist rule which generated huge protests against his rule. On the other side of the coin el-Sisi murdered hundreds of protesters against his coup. However, el-Sisi commenced a crack down against Islamist Imams, but now increasingly trending to a dictatorship, supported by KSA.

Right from the start Sisi also cracked on on anti-Islamist proponents of democracy. And on labor unions, too.

• Thanks 1

On 5/1/2019 at 9:04 AM, malagateddy said:

As a Glasgow man..I dislike the orange order, the order if the hibernians etc etc.
It is disgraceful that in Glasgow and surrounding areas..local authorities persist with imo..the religious apartheid sectarian educational system.
Sadly playing that card gets them votes.
Now back to the topic..never been to Egypt so honestly do not know much about the country it's politics..quality of life of the average Egyptian.
Cheers

In other words:-

'I don't know anything about Egypt. Don't know anything about their politics or their people. Don't know much about anything this thread is about but I'll be damned if that won't stop me from throwing my tuppency worth in along with a little bit of Islamophobia'.

Typical Thai TV contributor.

• Like 1

In other words:-
'I don't know anything about Egypt. Don't know anything about their politics or their people. Don't know much about anything this thread is about but I'll be damned if that won't stop me from throwing my tuppency worth in along with a little bit of Islamophobia'.
Typical Thai TV contributor.

Up to me I suppose..have a lovely day

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

Dissing dodgy allies when it suits them is burger and fries for incumbents of Capitol Hill, as the as Manuel Noriega, Sadam Hussein, Osama Bin Laden and a host of other casualities of US fickleness could testify.

As Henry Kissinger once admitted in a weak moment, "America has no permanent friends or enemies, only interests'. 

I watched most of it on Al Jazeera and I don't remember any time that the US came out in support of the brotherhood. IMO they'd have preferred the incumbent, but he was probably too corrupt to support openly.

23 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

Thanks for the reminder quote from Kissinger. You don't think it's just another way to express realpolitik?.

Muslim Brotherhood is supported by a number of Nation States, rather early to call out it's demise is it not?

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I watched most of it on Al Jazeera and I don't remember any time that the US came out in support of the brotherhood. IMO they'd have preferred the incumbent, but he was probably too corrupt to support openly.

The US hot-and-cold relationship with the Muslim Brotherhood is well documented and summed up pretty cogently here: 

https://www.nybooks.com/daily/2011/02/05/washingtons-secret-history-muslim-brotherhood/

Yep, those opposed to US supported, Saudi led hegemony
Well now..do you not think that wether countries are on the sunni or shia side of the street..they're political parties could be classed as sectarian??
Think abou this..re the muslim br/hood..the " name '' is a joke.
Do you think that eg..a roman catholic..a jew..a hindu..a humanist would be allowed to join it??
Maybe think about this..can you envisage the scenario in the UK..if a political party was formed and named.." THE NON MUSLIM PARTY OF THE UK.".!!!!!

3 hours ago, malagateddy said:

Well now..do you not think that wether countries are on the sunni or shia side of the street..they're political parties could be classed as sectarian??
Think abou this..re the muslim br/hood..the " name '' is a joke.
Do you think that eg..a roman catholic..a jew..a hindu..a humanist would be allowed to join it??
Maybe think about this..can you envisage the scenario in the UK..if a political party was formed and named.." THE NON MUSLIM PARTY OF THE UK.".!!!!!

Guess you're trying to ridicule the organisation. Whatever gets you through the day. Maybe the link below will keep you occupied for a while.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_Brotherhood

Guess you're trying to ridicule the organisation. Whatever gets you through the day. Maybe the link below will keep you occupied for a while.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_Brotherhood
Telling the truth as I see it
Have a lovely day

Hopefully the UK will have a well supported political psrty called THE NON MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Telling the truth as I see it
Have a lovely day

Hopefully the UK will have a well supported political psrty called THE NON MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD.

Childish stuff...

To quote another member's signature "have a miserable day"

Edited by simple1