Video: Death of a Thai biker - clocked at 264 kmph

webfact

16 minutes ago, pattayadude said:

I hit 280kph on my Vespa in Italian riviera.

then I woke up!

image.png.d827b14cf76161185fc66db0f31b4a30.png  woo hoo!

definitely not be late for temple image.jpeg.fda847888819ee5996056b4a2b5e8c03.jpeg

Edited by tifino
  • Like 1

I might on occasion go above my cruising speed to perform a safe overtake, these "superbikes" can go up to 180kmph and back down very very quickly - a matter of a few secs

But to ride at over 260kmph sustained on B road is absolute lunacy 

Hard to be sure in the video but it looks like he came up on roadworks ahead and at that speed had no chance of stopping - I think he tried very briefly

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, z42 said:

Idiot. Got what he deserved and never took anyone innocent with him.

Hope the video serves as a lesson / deterrent to any other deadhead wannabes hell bent on doing the same

His death would be in vain as no one will learn a thing from it, just like thousands of others like him that should have sounded the alarm that showing off, drinking, drugs and speeding will always win...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Puchaiyank said:

He started slowing down and just drifted left and off the road?  ????

Much to fast - seemed road signs warned from roadworks and some bands of gravel on the road - can gave him a back wheel spin and he possibly braked and enough at this speed 

3 minutes ago, bendejo said:

It was easy at first: one hand for steering, the other for picking your nose.  Then along comes the handphone and disturbs the order of things.

The nose picking at high speed is not the problem. It's taking your eyes off the road to examine your latest nasal treasure.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

I went 160 kph on my Kawasaki 650 with my Thai girlfriend on the back. 

That is sometimes OK on a Highway in Thailand - but I not recommend it - with U turn and cross roads and Thais who cross Highways with motorbike everywhere - just yesterday a long vehicle with 6 axles made U turn in front of me - me in car had to brake stronger from 120 already and come nearly to a complete standstill - coming with 200+ it could be death - special with motorbike - by the way I drive big bikes since 40 years and still in Thailand now also. 

• Like 1

I went 110 dms on my Kawasaki GTO with a box of cold liquids on the back.

Did he just lost his grip after gearing up from the 4th to 5th ?

At these speed, a little imbalance can be destradeaus.

Long time ago I went 225 with a Astra just passing the 215 the rear starts to wobble.

Slowed down to 180 and the ride was smooth.

• Like 1

Why, stuck in third gear and couldn't accelerate any-more?

• Haha 1

Some road work some signs show that - some gravel - bands - some back wheel spin a bump - going from throttle fast - a little braking - road slightly to the right - all together with that speed - overkill ????

14 minutes ago, Guitarzan said:

Back in 1988 I did 120mph on a straight stretch of desert highway, on my Honda 1000. I would have gone faster except the front end started wobbling too much.  

A few months later I drove to the grocery store 3 blocks from my house, it got cold that day so I put on my full coverage helmet, but didn’t buckle it. Some guy pulled out in front of me at an intersection in a Volkswagen van.... I hit him straight into the side going 25mph. My helmet cracked on impact and flew off my head. Next thing I know I’m lying on the ground, everyone asking if I was alright .... I said, I think I broke my arm!  Ambulance arrived took me to the emergency room. I broke my shoulder blade and dislocated my arm. Doctor said in his 20 years of practice he’d never seen a broken shoulder blade, it’s the strongest bone in the body. 

I used to race motorcycles (motocross) in state races when I was young, had lots of crazy crashes, but after my road accident I’ve never been on a bike again. I’m petrified to get on a scooter in Thailand!  The moral of this story is .... always wear a helmet!!!

Loved fast bikes and still do but not here.

Too many loose canons on the road.

Rear view mirrors here are for seeing how many facial things you can pick.

I tried biking here on an 1100cc bike and after a few months decided it was just too dangerous no matter how careful you try to be.

Edited by overherebc

So he is passing orange road signs indicating roadwork ahead, and he continues at high-speed?!?!?! Any sand or gravel and you are dead, those work zones are usually a nightmare of sand and gravel, you got to be nuts. Even if you decided to do something this stupid, you would only do it on a road you know, and one where you can see far enough to slow down in time.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Loved fast bikes and still do but not here.

Too many loose canons on the road.

Rear view mirrors here are for seeing how many facial things you can pick.

I tried biking here on an 1100cc bike and after a few months decided it was just too dangerous no matter how careful you try to be.

Been trying my luck on a SV650, but the turning circle is not the greatest, at least its fairly narrow for negotiating traffic. Still scared to death of Thai drivers around me though, they are the most dangerous drivers in the world to me, they have no fear of death, no commonsense, and safety is measured by the value of the Amulet around their neck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1