Approached by blacks, threatened and ridiculed.

Date Masamune

BKK tonight walking from Sukhumvit Soi 11 to Foodland, Right outside of Coffee World  A guy approached offering drugs " Ecstasy Cocaine Marijuana" to which I just said no thank you and kept walking. Suddenly he  grabbed my arm and said if I don't "give me 40 dollars" he would call the Police! I made a mistake then confronting him verbally (So I dont want drugs and you will call Police OK go ahead) suddenly I was surrounded by two more including an African Woman who pushed me hard from  behind saying "Give us Money". I ran away with the first guy saying " You should watch yourself"  and they all laughed at me,

What Police Station  can I go tomorrow to report this? I was terrified and upset and took a taxi back to my Hotel.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weird, I just walked down Sukhumvit from Holly Cafe on Soi 15 to Foodland Soi 5 not an hour ago, about 4am. Nary an African guy in sight. Only a few dispirited looking hookers standing around for a late catch to pay the rent.

And I walk that route often as I like a late night cuppa at Holly. Never a problem. Sure a drug dealer will say a bright hello now and then. Just grin and keep walking. I have never seen one get aggressive. There's no need. They have their clients and make good money.

So I am having a hard time believing the OP's account of near assault on lower Suk.

59 minutes ago, Date Masamune said:

I made a mistake then confronting him verbally

Hmm, did you say something insulting when he approached? Like the N-word? Would be stupid if you did and I could understand a violent reaction.

I find it a bit disconcerting that some folks who never seem to post a valid comment, are quick to criticize a poster as being either a troll or a liar...   

Thank you for your post sir...it is a fair warning to all to be most careful where you walk alone...????

4 hours ago, Date Masamune said:

What Police Station  can I go tomorrow to report this? I was terrified and upset and took a taxi back to my Hotel.

I believe that's Lumpini station's area but don't be surprised if they're not interested - how do you think these guys can operate out in the open on a busy city street?

Never, ever go to the police, except in an absolute emergency, when there are no other options. The percentage chance, the police will help you here, in minuscule. However, you could potentially have all kinds of problems on your hands, and you could be the one who ends up paying for an imaginary crime, or offense. It is not like in the West, where the police serve a designated function for society. They are all franchisees here. 

5 hours ago, Bang Bang said:

Weird, I just walked down Sukhumvit from Holly Cafe on Soi 15 to Foodland Soi 5 not an hour ago, about 4am. Nary an African guy in sight. Only a few dispirited looking hookers standing around for a late catch to pay the rent.

And I walk that route often as I like a late night cuppa at Holly. Never a problem. Sure a drug dealer will say a bright hello now and then. Just grin and keep walking. I have never seen one get aggressive. There's no need. They have their clients and make good money.

So I am having a hard time believing the OP's account of near assault on lower Suk.

Hmm, did you say something insulting when he approached? Like the N-word? Would be stupid if you did and I could understand a violent reaction.

Sorry, no. I self identify as African American though some people don't see it technically I am a quadroon. Very bad memories of being occasionally harrassed growing up be called boy or n-word because of my parents. .

I am used to the come-ons from ladyboys and freelance hookers but if a person cannot walk the streets without being accosted by squads of foreign drug dealers I don't think the area is safe anymore.

Yawn. The dealers are extremely low key and DO NOT assault people LMAO the last thing they want is police confrontation and an excuse to get deported. Ive been lower sukhumvit for 12 years and watched there numbers diminish by 80% from the street bar days and they are CONSTANTLY harrased by the BIB on Sukhumvit 

Op is total BS sorry OP but a troll is a troll...They asked you for $40 and not baht? there is my proof

11 minutes ago, Date Masamune said:

Sorry, no. I self identify as African American though some people don't see it technically I am a quadroon. Very bad memories of being occasionally harrassed growing up be called boy or n-word because of my parents. .

I am used to the come-ons from ladyboys and freelance hookers but if a person cannot walk the streets without being accosted by squads of foreign drug dealers I don't think the area is safe anymore.

You posted at 4am, it was near the main red light districts and nothing really happened, you were merely hastled and frightened by that.  You now think the area is no longer safe, well show me district with a red light area anywhere in the world where you can walk in the early hours safe from people hastling you.

22 minutes ago, Date Masamune said:

Self identify as African American? ????

So who are you? Rachel Dolezal, Martina Big or Victoria Waldrip? 

Interesting that you use the phrase African American for yourself and you even managed to call one of the women allegedly involved, as African.

But yet in the title, you write 'Blacks'. Why is that? Why not Africans? Or were they neither African nor African American?

Accosted by squads of foreign drug dealers? Methinks you are being beyond hysterical. May I suggest you talk to someone? Perhaps a friend who can help you put things into perspective.

they may have assumed, by his looks, that the OP was a drug dealer himself?

and as such would believe he'd have profit money on him; and that if the victim really was a drug dealer, that the last thing he'd want would be attention from the Police

asking for that little less would have been a sort of compromise, to at least get 'something'!

not biting off too much in greed

8 minutes ago, tifino said:

they may have assumed, by his looks, that the OP was a drug dealer himself?

and as such would believe he'd have profit money on him; and that if the victim really was a drug dealer, that the last thing he'd want would be attention from the Police

asking for that little less would have been a sort of compromise, to at least get 'something'!

not biting off too much in greed

Do you think it may only be non blacks who think every black person is probably a drug dealer?

6 minutes ago, BobbyL said:

From Soi 11 / 8 downwards it is an absolute abomination. Yet you have $1Million condos being built around there. Utter madness. 

Where is the madness?  That sexpats keep wasting their money to rub shoulders with the real expats?

29 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

Self identify as African American? ????

So who are you? Rachel Dolezal, Martina Big or Victoria Waldrip? 

Interesting that you use the phrase African American for yourself and you even managed to call one of the women allegedly involved, as African.

But yet in the title, you write 'Blacks'. Why is that? Why not Africans? Or were they neither African nor African American?

Accosted by squads of foreign drug dealers? Methinks you are being beyond hysterical. May I suggest you talk to someone? Perhaps a friend who can help you put things into perspective.

"But yet in the title, you write 'Blacks'. Why is that? Why not Africans? Or were they neither African nor African American?"

Me thinks maybe they were part of an active imagination.

I don't recall  ever reading such a funny statement as  "Suddenly he  grabbed my arm and said if I don't "give me 40 dollars" he would call the Police! I made a mistake then confronting him verbally (So I dont want drugs and you will call Police OK go ahead)."

Really?   A drug dealer treating to call the police if a potential customer refuses to buy?

That's rich.

Date Masamune. Warrior with six swords, pushed and humiliated by an African woman. How the mighty have fallen. The shame....the shame.

How can this poster ever hold his head high on this forum ever again?

Best to run back to Chiang Mai, as there are no squads of foreign drug dealers there, waiting to accost the fallen one.

I also got confronted by a big fat black woman in the same area she pushed me against the wall and put her hand in my top pocket and grabbed 300baht I managed to grab her hand and twist it, got my 300 baht back she squealed like a pig when I twisted her hand

59 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Do you think it may only be non blacks who think every black person is probably a drug dealer?

this thread is about 'blacks' doing the approaching; not whites or other...

my jest was they, the 'blacks' saw the victim as easy target... looking for the very thing another drug dealer might have on his person.

likewise, under the same assumption; he would also have been seen as treading on 'their' turf (their killing fields)

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Never, ever go to the police, except in an absolute emergency, when there are no other options. The percentage chance, the police will help you here, in minuscule. However, you could potentially have all kinds of problems on your hands, and you could be the one who ends up paying for an imaginary crime, or offense. It is not like in the West, where the police serve a designated function for society. They are all franchisees here. 

Not in this situation with blacks harassing people on sukhumvit

So let me see if I got this story straight.

You were outnumbered by drug dealers who assaulted you in a place where there must be a dozen CCTV cameras, and after putting you up against the wall, the threat was "WE will call the POLICE?"

Oh wait!  There is more!  Not only are they mugging people in plain sight, the victim is required to carry US Dollars ... and $40 specifically????  Not "Give me all your money?  Now it is "How about you give us a foreign currency, but just a little, not too much ... because when we are caught and spend the next years of life in a Hell Hole prison, we don't want to come off AS TOO GREEDY."

I was mugged at knife point by two pretty big dudes in the USA, and I don't seem to remember a specific amount requested like I was an ATM.  No, I remember it clearly.  "Listen to me *Mother F* ... your gonna give us your wallet or we are going to cut you."

Are you SURE you did not buy those drugs and do them all right there, because this is RIDICULOUS. 

Do not go to the Police because they will realize you are high on crack and make you pee in the cup pronto-presto.

Archived