Bedsheets And The 'missus'

kratindaeng

My place seems to have been transformed from a minimal apartment into a 'boutique' resembling pink fluffy bears, doraemon bedsheets, a huge blue doraemon or 2, hello kitty blankets, pink slippers, purple cartoon print curtains, etc. Im worried that I will be going to the salon next to get one of those japanese cartoon haircuts. Anyone with similar experiences?

KD :o

Ha ha ha ha !

I had exactly the same experience when my wife (who was then my girlfiend) moved in with me a few years ago.

I didn't count, but estimate that there would have been around 50 different teddy bears competing for bedspace and this was a war that I was rapidly losing !

Bears were popping up everywhere but what eventually turned the tide in my favour was the arrival of the errant cockroach's in mid 2004 that would pop up amongst the bears from time to time.

My wife hates cockroaches (as I do) and there came the famous bear cleansing of late 2004.

As a result the cockroaches took flight and now all the bears are in a big plastic bag on top of the wardrobe and we can sleep comfortably again.

Good luck Mr K ... my thoughts are with you at this most difficult time. :o

My place seems to have been transformed from a minimal apartment into a 'boutique' resembling pink fluffy bears, doraemon bedsheets, a huge blue doraemon or 2, hello kitty blankets, pink slippers, purple cartoon print curtains, etc. Im worried that I will be going to the salon next to get one of those japanese cartoon haircuts. Anyone with similar experiences?

KD :o

you know 12 years old is too young for beeing your girlfriend, hahahhaha

Seems like many Thai ladies, particularly the under 25 or so group, have a fixation over these cartoon characters. From my personal observations their mental state has not progressed much beyond cartoon watching mentality in other aspects of thier behavior.

You should see me trying to cycle to 'sewen' to get some beers on our 'Hello Kitty' bike... I regained some pride when I point blank refused to have my Nokia facia changed to the 'Care Bears' though. A man must draw the line!

Good therapy this - it's nice to know you're not alone.

Edited by Jim's_a_Thai_Fox

Seems like many Thai ladies, particularly the under 25 or so group, have a fixation over these cartoon characters. From my personal observations their mental state has not progressed much beyond cartoon watching mentality in other aspects of thier behavior.

I demand recognition for English men (well over 25) who are obsessed with Kitty-chan!

Come on ... she was born in London, after all.

(I HATE Dear Daniel though.)

A very accurate observation.. Very true on most counts (not all of them though)..95% i would say.

post-31110-1173276181_thumb.jpg

Welcome to a life of cohabitation with a woman. Just as long as those things weren't present BEFORE she moved in. Then we'd have to start wondering about you.

555555! Good one! :o I do have a Doreamon t-shirt, did I just say that?! Guilty as charged your honour!

Regards KD :D

Am I the only one not having those problems? Sure, there's a few bears but they are maybe 6 or 7 on a shelf, that's it. No pink bed sheets or curtains either :D

I don't have these problems in my house either, I'm assuming it depends on the age and maturity of the young lady in question? :o

Am I the only one not having those problems? Sure, there's a few bears but they are maybe 6 or 7 on a shelf, that's it. No pink bed sheets or curtains either :o

You're not.

One or two childhood relics to remind her of her mother who died when she was 9, but that's it. Her taste in bed linen (alarmingly) veers towards the hyperexpensive designer stuff from Emporium. Oh well . . . . . . .

"From my personal observations their mental state has not progressed much beyond cartoon watching mentality"

and is not likely too. my gf's dream is to open a comic bookstore................after gradutating from University!!!! :o

I like "Gradutating" It nicely distinguishes the accomplishments of students leaving a Thai University rather than a AUS?US?GB one or whatever. You are lucky that being a Thai graduate she feels competent enough to open a store of any kind. But don't scoff there is good money in comic bookstores, in spite of the advet of cheap DVD players!. My wife was offered one a few months ago-serious cash cow for LOS!

Anyway OP is lucky if he only has cartoon sheets. Kitty/Doraemon etc are available as anything from hair clips, via erasers to fridge handles, telephone covers, car seats, gear stick gloves and life size inflatables. They are all banned here! So Mrs Srisatch being now over 25 prefers gold, Egyptian cotton sheets, Max Mara coats and anything from Oxfam-its a learning curve married to a farang

My wife has tried to go down that road a few years ago, i told her straight im not driving/sleeping/sitting on anything thats pink and fluffy

If you are going to let Kayo down, at least do it gently :o

Our bed linen is what you would call normal..... but you do have to move the 4ft Doraemon, fluffy giraffe and half a dozen other assorted cuddlies out of the way to see it.

And she is nearly 30 btw.