เช่น = such as

Maestro

In an English translation of a recent Bureau of Immigration Memorandum, เช่น in the third line in column 2 on page 3 has been translated as "such as" and I take this translation to be correct.

In an English legal text, I would interpret "such as" used in this context to mean "for example, but not limited to". Can the same interpretation be applied to เช่น in the above-cited Memorandum? Please see the extracts below.

such as - th.gif

such as - en.gif

The translation is correct but how do you understand ‘and/or”? 

Any combination of the foregoing. is my take on it. 

Many people seem to find things difficult when in fact it is very simple, all the difficulty comes from not being qualified. Immigration are making an effort to stop people who don’t qualify.  This would seem reasonable to any normal person but to many of us(people trying to stay in Thailand long term) it is a gross imposition because they have been allowed to flaunt the rules up to now.  People seem to think that they can do as they please not what pleases ‘Thailand’. “ eg. I can deposit the Bt. 800,000money but I don’t think that I should lose the vast sums that I can make if I kept it abroad just because it is a condition for extending my visa. “, “I have the income, my word on it should be good enough.” etc. 

Well, it ain’t good enough you either do it the formal Thai way or you pay an agent to do it the informal, easier but more expensive Thai way, get an agent. 

Archived