health insurance

wazzadg44

Hi all. I am currently being treated for mouth cancer. I am paying for it out of my own pocket as I do not have insurance. I read in another post that Cheryl had insurance with exclusions. I would like some thing similar if available. I do not want the cancer covered-it is mainly a back stop if Immigration bring in mandatory health coverage for expats with retirement extensions. While I am at it,does any one know where I can source Duodart at a reasonable cost locally. From private hospital 27,000 baht for 6 months-from Australia 3500 +/- 6 months. Big difference.

Facts: Age 74--lived Thailand nearly 10 years. Non smoker-one beer per day (light). Generally very good health.Live Phitsanulok.

Hope some one (Cheryl?) can help .

Cheers-Waz

With active cancer and your age it will be difficult if not impossible to get a policy, I'm afraid. It would not just be a matter of excluding the cancer you have but also other cancers you are at above average risk for, all the possible adverse effects from your cancer treatment and all the conditions that the combo of the cancer and the treatment put you at added risk for (for example, infection).

No harm in trying but I am not optimistic. Suggest you contact AA Insurance brokers

If you can't get regular insurance look into personal accident insurance. While the maximum medical payout for this isn't high (best I have seen for over 65 year old is 200k per accident) the premiums are low and it covers both in and outpatient costs so better than nothing.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

10 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

With active cancer and your age it will be difficult if not impossible to get a policy, I'm afraid. It would not just be a matter of excluding the cancer you have but also other cancers you are at above average risk for, all the possible adverse effects from your cancer treatment and all the conditions that the combo of the cancer and the treatment put you at added risk for (for example, infection).

No harm in trying but I am not optimistic. Suggest you contact AA Insurance brokers

If you can't get regular insurance look into personal accident insurance. While the maximum medical payout for this isn't high (best I have seen for over 65 year old is 200k per accident) the premiums are low and it covers both in and outpatient costs so better than nothing.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

But of course, that would only cover you for 'Personal Accidents' not a serious illness like big C or whatever.

Archived