Aircon prob

cheeryble

1 hour ago, cheeryble said:

How would you guys deal with it?

Insist on getting it working. 

The AC guy is talking absolute BS

But it is about ⅓ the size it would need to be to be effective.

What is the size of the other AC?

You do realise that using an AC that is so underrated means that it will  be flat out all the time so it's a complete waste to use an inverter.

11 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Insist on getting it working. 

The AC guy is talking absolute BS

But it is about ⅓ the size it would need to be to be effective.

What is the size of the other AC?

You do realise that using an AC that is so underrated means that it will  be flat out all the time so it's a complete waste to use an inverter.

I dont think its The AC guy talking BS...:coffee1:

Though usually open plan the space is divideable into two main areas with large sliding doors. The aircon for the larger side is 24000 btu, then this inverter for the slightly smaller side.
A flexible layout.
The area has relatively little window space and no direct sun.

I think people often think machines are "straining" when in fact working a full throttle is merely within the design parameters.
There should be no way to exceed the design parameters.
Yes, something might wear out a little bit earlier from more use but for the many years it’s. Working it should work properly 100%.

My problem is dealing with LG

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Read the compressor warranty book and if theres no mention of room size call them back.

It’s a sensible suggestion, thanks, and yes overnight it occurred to me LG may have a get out clause......though wife can’t find the warranty LG must have details, or even the internet tho according to Eyecatcher the manual's in Thai.

This aircon didn’t break down because of the room size though.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Though usually open plan the space is divideable into two main areas with large sliding doors. The aircon for the larger side is 24000 btu, then this inverter for the slightly smaller side.
A flexible layout.
The area has relatively little window space and no direct sun.

With that information while probably a little undersized by most Thai calculations it sound as if it is perfectly adequate for the room size if you don't want artic conditions. I have a similar BTU in my old bedroom (about 500 BTU per sqm) and that has been perfectly OK.

As I mentioned before the AC guy is spouting complete BS. I would talk directly with LG HQ and ask what the duty cycle is it should be close to 100 and have built in protection. I would also ask if they designed their AC units to breakdown if used full time. Also maybe even mention that you are posting in real time the information you have been, and are getting so that other people can make buying choices.

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Like 1

Did you try taking off the skins and looking for critter remains?  Ants and jing joks have taken mine down in the past.  If lucky, it's just a matter of cleaning but usually they fry something.

My own Chung took a panel off the compressor and declared electronics there to be likely problem but pointed us to LG I guess cos it might involve a pricey circuit board. Didn’t scream, jump on a chair, or mention critters!

With that information while probably a little undersized by most Thai calculations it sound as if it is perfectly adequate for the room size if you don't want artic conditions. I have a similar BTU in my old bedroom (about 500 BTU per sqm) and that has been perfectly OK.

As I mentioned before the AC guy is spouting complete BS. I would talk directly with LG HQ and ask what the duty cycle is it should be close to 100 and have built in protection. I would also ask if they designed their AC units to breakdown if used full time. Also maybe even mention that you are posting in real time the information you have been, and are getting so that other people can make buying choices.

Sorry to be thick what’s a duty cycle, cos we probably will have to speak to LG

19 minutes ago, cheeryble said:

My own Chung took a panel off the compressor and declared electronics there to be likely problem but pointed us to LG I guess cos it might involve a pricey circuit board. Didn’t scream, jump on a chair, or mention critters!

Well, usually they are dead from being fried and that's where cleaning up can help.  The bad part is that they also fry something else.  If that's the case, cleaning can't hurt to try.

Sorry to be thick what’s a duty cycle, cos we probably will have to speak to LG

In this case it simply means can you run the AC at full output for any length of time without problems.

The answer really has to be yes otherwise there must be written somewhere a set of duty limits for the inverters output scale.

I suspect LG Thailand are hoping you don't have any technical support to question their claim.

• Like 1

In this case it simply means can you run the AC at full output for any length of time without problems.

The answer really has to be yes otherwise there must be written somewhere a set of duty limits for the inverters output scale.

I suspect LG Thailand are hoping you don't have any technical support to question their claim.

I imagine if LG Thailand management is involved they will make this right.

The OP is dealing with techs and sales people.
  • Like 1

Got u Fruit Trader makes sense.
My plan is to get the job number and go to LG (anyone know where in CM?) this afternoon find the best person poss and ask are there any limits on time usage or space usage and take it from there.
I’d like to know specifically what has caused the breakdown and how it is remedied.
But you’re right there are so many possible variations it would be difficult to put just say a space limit. And how would that one work when it’s running with another machine too. Or the dividers may be closed?

Wife chased up the tech guy first to get job number saying I was on the warpath and where is the service centre. He said spoke with the team and is very sorry he got it all wrong. They will fix or replace the aircon. It’s progress.

Thx 2 all!

3 hours ago, cheeryble said:

Wife chased up the tech guy first to get job number saying I was on the warpath and where is the service centre. He said spoke with the team and is very sorry he got it all wrong. They will fix or replace the aircon. It’s progress.

Thx 2 all!

That sounds as if they/he now realises that the BS he gave isn't going to be believed so possible congratulations are in order.

as has been mentioned a duty cycle is usually the amount of time a machine can be used non stop, often  minutes per hour, for example a 50% duty cycle means that you can only use it for 30 minutes out of one hour though it doesn't necessarily mean that you can use it for 30 minutes non-stop. It may mean that you can use it for five minutes then give it five minutes rest. The AC should have a 100% duty cycle. 

For example, hobby welders (cheap) may have a 30% duty cycle the same power professional (expensive) ones will have a 100% duty cycle. If not 100% it should be in the manual.

• Like 1

Just to round it up the unit was fixed by LG Monday.
Unfortunately I wasn’t there to learn what was wrong and missus didn’t ask.
If I hadn’t had confidence plus reassurance from u guys I could have been stuffed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cheeryble said:

Just to round it up the unit was fixed by LG Monday.
Unfortunately I wasn’t there to learn what was wrong and missus didn’t ask.
If I hadn’t had confidence plus reassurance from u guys I could have been stuffed.

Under warranty?