UK PM May looking at second Brexit vote options if talks fail - Telegraph

webfact

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Kasane said:

They still call this country "Great" Britain? Looks like the "great" label is peeling off. 

Well seeing that the world has adopted the English language and sets it's alarm clock to Greenwich (GB) Meantime I reckon the label will stick, that is unless you don't use a clock...????

16 minutes ago, transam said:

Well seeing that the world has adopted the English language and sets it's alarm clock to Greenwich (GB) Meantime I reckon the label will stick, that is unless you don't use a clock...????

Use a "clock"? ????????

On 5/8/2019 at 7:22 PM, stephenterry said:

Rubbish. You think 17 million out of 65 million could be democratic, think again.

a) Where did you get 65 million from? Thats about as factual as your comments get by the looks of it (b) its more than the 15 Million that voted to remain - you're wrong and your argument is tired like your campaign to remain - JUST PLAIN WRONG!!

18 minutes ago, bizboi said:

a) Where did you get 65 million from? Thats about as factual as your comments get by the looks of it (b) its more than the 15 Million that voted to remain - you're wrong and your argument is tired like your campaign to remain - JUST PLAIN WRONG!!

Perhaps he got it from here. I did.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/263754/total-population-of-the-united-kingdom/

or here https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/uk-population/

or here http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/united-kingdom-population/

He was correct. You on the other hand are JUST PLAIN WRONG!!

3 hours ago, bizboi said:

On the bright side he's consistent ????

45 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Why don't you define, with the ramifications, what UK's perfect leaving of the EU would look like, after only one (1) year leaving the Union without a deal, would be like. 

My starting point would be a return to Davis's Canada +++ but only after we have completely left, turned off the money tap and placed ourselves in a position of strength rather than one of weakness. Whether this would work or not remains to be seen but we have to completely sever all ties and be seen to have done so & to do that we'll need leadership and TBH I haven't a clue where they'll come from as no one currently stands out as being up to the job.

In the longer term I forsee;

- The palace of Westminster being demolished or turned into a museum,

- UK building a new Parliament away from London (Brum?) and the English getting their own separate Parliament in line with everyone else,

- The two party system is obsolete, as is FPTP. It should be replaced by PR with votes being for life (inc expats), tied to our NI no's and compulsory. To get round the HR element of that last statement a protest candidate could be added to the ballot ('None of the above') & say a 10 quid incentive could be deducted from the next tax return of all who turn out to vote.

You did ask ????

Image result for lou reed perfect day

4 hours ago, stephenterry said:

and accurate

Actually he is wrong and inaccurate.

See my post #532 and check the links out.

Three different links, none of them Wikipedia disagree with you.

You can of course do your own research, post the links and prove me wrong and I will apologise. OTOH if I am correct will you apologise?

3 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Hih. Do you really think that we Europeans don't have a sense of humor. Do you also think that the Brits don't have sense of humour. 

Is that what you are saying "evil gib"? 

I'm sorry to disappoint you, whoever you are, that we still have our sense of humour both in the UK and in the EU. We are not morons, like you would to see us. 

We are living beings, mostly having a good an fun times. 

Stick me back on your iggy list.....Pllleeeeeaaasssseeeeee :blink:

On 5/7/2019 at 10:44 AM, transam said:

You are a clairvoyant.....?

Do you know what every individual would vote for if there was another vote..?

I don't fink so........????

Remain remain , you can fool all of the people some of the time,, etc.

16 hours ago, stevenl said:

Pound has been dropping ever since WWII.

We would be better off , if we lost the war,   Germany , prey forgive us. 

Euro , forever..

7 hours ago, evadgib said:
This is on parr with Danny Baker's "Ron Atkinson" award :

& just as I was about to call it a day.....

The Lib/Dems with the help of Verhofstadt are certainly pulling in the crowds.????????????

Screenshot_2019-05-10-18-36-14-131.jpeg

8 hours ago, elliss said:

We would be better off , if we lost the war,   Germany , prey forgive us. 

Euro , forever..

Are you British? German prey is about right.   

10 hours ago, billd766 said:

Actually he is wrong and inaccurate.

See my post #532 and check the links out.

Three different links, none of them Wikipedia disagree with you.

You can of course do your own research, post the links and prove me wrong and I will apologise. OTOH if I am correct will you apologise?

I meant I am accurate, not him. Misunderstanding.

11 hours ago, evadgib said:

My starting point would be a return to Davis's Canada +++ but only after we have completely left, turned off the money tap and placed ourselves in a position of strength rather than one of weakness. Whether this would work or not remains to be seen but we have to completely sever all ties and be seen to have done so & to do that we'll need leadership and TBH I haven't a clue where they'll come from as no one currently stands out as being up to the job.

And that is a major issue not readily resolved, and until that day, it is sensible not to leave. What I cannot comprehend is May's insistence on delivering her deal, when no-one wants it. And the current UK mood has turned away from the belief that brexit would benefit Britain, as it is clearly not the case.

And on another point, leaver posters on here think that everyone outside this forum agrees with leaving the EU, without accepting that leavers compared to the UK population in total (17m/65m = 26%) are in a minority.  

That's not to knock leavers, because a sizeable minority (as are remainers) make valid points about the governance of the EU, which really should be addressed by a stronger government while Britain is in the EU, with a voting power, influence, and a veto.

Outside the EU, Britain has no power or influence. If we was the size of the USA, that would be a different story.

1 minute ago, stephenterry said:

And that is a major issue not readily resolved, and until that day, it is sensible not to leave. What I cannot comprehend is May's insistence on delivering her deal, when no-one wants it. And the current UK mood has turned away from the belief that brexit would benefit Britain, as it is clearly not the case.

And on another point, leaver posters on here think that everyone outside this forum agrees with leaving the EU, without accepting that leavers compared to the UK population in total (17m/65m = 26%) are in a minority.  

That's not to knock leavers, because a sizeable minority (as are remainers) make valid points about the governance of the EU, which really should be addressed by a stronger government while Britain is in the EU, with a voting power, influence, and a veto.

Outside the EU, Britain has no power or influence. If we was the size of the USA, that would be a different story.

Your comments I basically agree with but your final paragraph encapsulates the issues within parliament and the country as a whole.  You are correct that no longer Britain  has any power or influence, well not to any major degree, yet there are those that insist on living in the past and are convinced that Great Britain still has an Empire and act accordingly. They think, erroneously, that leaving the EU will somehow get the country into a time warp and back to the 19th century.

1 hour ago, stephenterry said:

Appreciated, but Britain does have significant (economic) power and influence, not least among the 53 nation Commonwealth, inc 16 in which HM is head of state. The remainder of you post strengthens my position re turning Parliament inside out & introducing PR & compulsory voting ASAP. 

2 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

Your comments I basically agree with but your final paragraph encapsulates the issues within parliament and the country as a whole.  You are correct that no longer Britain  has any power or influence, well not to any major degree, yet there are those that insist on living in the past and are convinced that Great Britain still has an Empire and act accordingly. They think, erroneously, that leaving the EU will somehow get the country into a time warp and back to the 19th century.

That ol' chestnut is second only to 'Ficker than us' in the Remainers Almanac of unimaginative insults and has no bearing whatsoever to current events.

Guess who's on Andrew Marr tomorrow?

1 minute ago, evadgib said:

That ol' chestnut is second only to 'Ficker than us' in the Remainers Almanac of unimaginative insults and has no bearing whatsoever to current events.

Guess who's on Andrew Marr tomorrow?

Looks like a re-run of Jurassic Park to me. Dinosaurs running amok????????????

2 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

Further to my earlier answer:

Archived