UK PM May looking at second Brexit vote options if talks fail - Telegraph

webfact

2 hours ago, Spidey said:

You're on one of your obtuse rambles now. How does Gina Miller have anything to do with the article in the Evening Standard?

A thread supporting my initial reply:

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Further to earlier answer:

Obtuser and obtuser, you've really lost me now on what the heck this has to do with the veracity of an article in the Evening Standard. Quit whilst you're ahead, it's way too deep for me.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

AS I've explained before the way people will vote in the Euro elections is no reflection on how they would vote in a GE or a referendum. Local elections are a better guide although not conclusive, which is why many MPs are doing the turnaround now.

A straight question on how would you vote given another referendum, is probably the best indicator. Most, if not all polls, that I've seen recently come out with similar results to this. One recent poll came out with more than 60% remain.

https://whatukthinks.org/eu/questions/if-a-second-eu-referendum-were-held-today-how-would-you-vote/WhatUKThinks_Poll_8718_20190508.thumb.jpeg.0837a0240206de635fc7515f2d28ce28.jpeg

Currently 51% remain, 45% leave.

A bit of deja vuvu there!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Obtuser and obtuser, you've really lost me now on what the heck this has to do with the veracity of an article in the Evening Standard. Quit whilst you're ahead, it's way too deep for me.

Obtuser and obtuser, what's this? Alice in Blunderland? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

No mate, the Euro elections are a terrible guide to anything. Most people stay at home and watch the results on breakfast TV. It's just the die hard angry old men (yes you know who you are) who will actually bother to go out and vote. I have voted in almost every GE since the mid 70s, most local elections and both referendums. I have never voted in the EUros, unless you count the Eurovision Song Contest (Go the Monkey Hanger"), which has more relevance.

The last Euro election result guided us into the 2016 referendum, so you might want to rethink that call.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oilinki said:

Well, that will reduce their numbers quite a lot faster than previously calculated ????

You got that completely the wrong way round. Only to be expected I suppose.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spidey said:

You leave my commas alone or i'm going to get Olinki's mate to come round and see you.

Be afraid, be very afraid, sh1t yourself.

guns.png.b4fe6697f0e0e12b220fc7ea8a824cf9.png

That a LEAVE shirt!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spidey said:

No mate, the Euro elections are a terrible guide to anything. Most people stay at home and watch the results on breakfast TV. It's just the die hard angry old men (yes you know who you are) who will actually bother to go out and vote. I have voted in almost every GE since the mid 70s, most local elections and both referendums. I have never voted in the EUros, unless you count the Eurovision Song Contest (Go the Monkey Hanger"), which has more relevance.

Obviously  the European elections will be a very good guide to the make up of the European Parliament. 

Unlike previous elections however the EU's problem is it now has a Nigel Farage in every country.

No doubt the Garden of Eden Remainers (you know who you are)  feel there will be a reduction in seats held by Eurosceptic parties because they keep telling us the EU is doing so well. We will see! 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, aright said:

Obviously  the European elections will be a very good guide to the make up of the European Parliament. 

Unlike previous elections however the EU's problem is it now has a Nigel Farage in every country.

No doubt the Garden of Eden Remainers (you know who you are)  feel there will be a reduction in seats held by Eurosceptic parties because they keep telling us the EU is doing so well. We will see! 

As the work of MEPs isn't seen by people on a daily basis, and they aren't specific to a constituency, it's hard for people to get worked up about who their MEP is. Most people can't name their MEP but know who their MP is. This is why it's always been used by people on the margin to register their protest vote.

As such I fully expect that the various Brexit parties will do well, even though the turnout will be low. I don't think that you will see much campaigning at all from the remain camp. No one really sees it as an indicator of things to come.

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

The last Euro election result guided us into the 2016 referendum, so you might want to rethink that call.

Not at all. Cameron had the wind put up him by the big gains that UKIP made in the previous local elections, 2014? He has admitted this. No one takes a blind bit of notice of the Euro election results, as I explained in my previous post.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, aright said:

i must laugh always for similar remarks E.U. go fall apart , go bankrupt , more exit's  E.T.C..., like such any happening of those go help your politic mess you are in , it wont change nothing concerning your Brexit....only some concealed feelings of revenge nothing more , your mess your in stays same ….pathetic :whistling:

Your whole parliament is taken hostage by a  woman …. named Theresa May ….any single one of them , and nothing all can do before autumn ...and she knows it ..????

3 hours ago, nauseus said:

A bit of deja vuvu there!

3 hours ago, nauseus said:

Obtuser and obtuser, what's this? Alice in Blunderland? 

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

That a LEAVE shirt!

You been on the pop old lad?

Excuse me if I don't bother replying.

19 minutes ago, Spidey said:

As the work of MEPs isn't seen by people on a daily basis, and they aren't specific to a constituency, it's hard for people to get worked up about who their MEP is. Most people can't name their MEP but know who their MP is. This is why it's always been used by people on the margin to register their protest vote.

As such I fully expect that the various Brexit parties will do well, even though the turnout will be low. I don't think that you will see much campaigning at all from the remain camp. No one really sees it as an indicator of things to come.

or maybe its the perceived indicator of how powerless the European Parliament is.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Spidey said:

Which never ceases to amaze me. Why take it so seriously? It's just a bit of fun guys. It's TV not the House of Commons. The majority of us are expats in Thailand who won't be affected greatly by the result, whichever way it goes.

Is it worth getting your knickers in a twist over? This thread needs more fun.

Now @evadgib, will you be selling tickets for the upcoming fight between you and @oilinki

My money's on Oilinki. Did you know that he's a roustabout on the rigs?

@

I'm already affected by the pound /baht exchange rate dropping from well above 50 to around 40, currently, and further to drop should the UK crash out of the EU.  While I accept the baht is strong right now, as aligned to the US$ I think it is true to say that the majority of the 'loss' is due to the pound being weak. 

• Like 1

Which never ceases to amaze me. Why take it so seriously? It's just a bit of fun guys. It's TV not the House of Commons. The majority of us are expats in Thailand who won't be affected greatly by the result, whichever way it goes.

Is it worth getting your knickers in a twist over? This thread needs more fun.

Now [mention=25172]evadgib[/mention], will you be selling tickets for the upcoming fight between you and [mention=58566]oilinki[/mention]

My money's on Oilinki. Did you know that he's a roustabout on the rigs?
@
Oh dear..
But does he HAVE the guts..the WINNERS mental strength..the " bottle " to go for it??[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stephenterry said:

I'm already affected by the pound /baht exchange rate dropping from well above 50 to around 40, currently, and further to drop should the UK crash out of the EU.  While I accept the baht is strong right now, as aligned to the US$ I think it is true to say that the majority of the 'loss' is due to the pound being weak. 

The bottom fell out of the pound well before Brexit stuff...It rose to 50+ for a short period..

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Spidey said:

Not at all. Cameron had the wind put up him by the big gains that UKIP made in the previous local elections, 2014? He has admitted this. No one takes a blind bit of notice of the Euro election results, as I explained in my previous post.

You are still getting this wrong even though I set it out for you recently. Cameron had the wind put up him by the big gains that UKIP made in the EU elections in 2014. These are the European Parliament elections that you say no one takes a blind bit of notice of!

The UK local elections were coincident with the GE of 2015, when Cameron already had pledged the EU referendum in the CON manifesto.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mlkik said:

The pound devalued as soon as the brexit vote happened.

So why did it drop drastically in 2010.....Nufink to do with Brexit..

The pound dropped from near 70 in 2007 onwards, in 2010 it was in the 40's......????

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, transam said:

So why did it drop drastically in 2010.....Nufink to do with Brexit..

The pound dropped from near 70 in 2007 onwards, in 2010 it was in the 40's......????

The pound devalued as soon as the brexit vote happened.

1 minute ago, mlkik said:

The pound devalued as soon as the brexit vote happened.

YOU said I was wrong the pound devalued before Brexit, you were wrong, it went down into the 40's in 2010. We all know it dropped  from 50's to 40's when Brexit happened but it did in 2010..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stephenterry said:

While I accept the mood of the people has changed, the 51% who would vote to remain isn't a large enough majority, IMO, to provide a rationale for leaving the relationship with the EU untouched, as it is clear that a sizeable minority - myself included - are convinced that our relationship with the EU needs picking apart and reassembling to the ultimate benefit of both the UK population and economy and the populace and economy of the EU.

How to achieve that would be as complex as Brexit has shown to date. But, IMO, it's better to wwork inside the EU where we have a vote, a veto, and influence than outside it where we don't.

That has been a constant process since we joined the EU.  Shengen, the Euro, the rebate are just some of the ways that the UK has diverged from EU policies.