UK PM May looking at second Brexit vote options if talks fail - Telegraph

webfact

26 minutes ago, oilinki said:

The-re is pro-bab-ly on-ly 5% to 10% of UK vo-ters who are "True be-lie-vers". 

The rest of the leave voters either wished to have close relationship, like customs union, with the EU, or were simply casting protest votes against the Tory government and UK politics in general. 

I hope this helped. 

Where do you get your 5-10% figure from...….evidence  or polls please.  On the basis of polls for the EU elections Brexit Party (they definitely want to leave) are in the lead 30%. if you then look at the 3 main contenders they are all committed to leaving and represent  65% of the vote. I agree not everyone in the Con and Lab  parties want to leave but when you take those people out of the equation there would still be a significant leave vote.

With only a few weeks under their belt I would anticipate more than 30% voting for Nigel Farage in a GE.

Where does your 5-10% figure come from. 

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we should revoke Article 50. Only realistic solution. By all means reconsider the implications of exiting or remaining in the EU. Then have a PLAN including the pros and cons of either action. As it stands, leaving the EU would be an economic disaster, so how is that balanced out? Answer, as of today. There isn't one. 

Whatever the minority of leavers believe, there is no pot of gold at the rainbow, only that your children and grandchildren would have to pay. Already people are stockpiling goods that won't be readily available if Brexshit is enacted.

Is that what you really want?

Yes, all the 9 billion goes to Poland from the EU, it is as simple as that. I just said the pension age for men has already been held at 65, 60 for women in Poland.

Yes, Poland has this advantage and Poles use it to earn much more money in the UK than they could at home. I can't blame them for that but I can blame the UK politicians for allowing (even encouraging) it and I can loathe and blame the EU's freedom of movement "pillar", which has meant that British workers have been undercut so much that they many are close to being better off on social benefits. Good for big companies but bad for the UK and British people in the long run.

The 80's birth rate story in Poland makes perfect sense.
Also..I'm led to believe that Poland refuses immigrants who are followers of the " religion of peace "...who happen to breed like rabbits and always have their hands out re benefits!!!

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 minutes ago, oilinki said:

It's guestimate. In 2016 36% of the electorate voted to leave the EU.

Of these probably 16% units were protest votes against Tories and UK politics in general. I guess they were mostly labour and independent voters. That leaves us 20%. 

I would guess less than half of those wanted to leave without a deal, if and when they understood the ramifications of that decision.

That gives the 5-10% support for the True Leavers, who wish to leave with no-deal at all. 

This can be easy proven, if the second referendum actually happens. I hope it would have series of options for the people to choose. Leave without a deal, leave with May's deal with customs union and naturally remain. 

Great! You justify 2019 opinion using 2016 figures and you don't even get them right. 52% of the electorate voted to leave

Stop wasting my time.

1 minute ago, malagateddy said:

Also..I'm led to believe that Poland refuses immigrants who are followers of the " religion of peace "...who happen to breed like rabbits and always have their hands out re benefits!!!

It is the Islamic way of conquering countries and enforcing Sharia law by creating a population majority. it's happening in most EU countries including the UK. Regretably, the UK are unable to prevent this owing to their politiacal view. Should take an example how to control this from Japan. 

26 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Like Gina Miller?

Oh wait a minute...

You're on one of your obtuse rambles now. How does Gina Miller have anything to do with the article in the Evening Standard?

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

You are correct on this, remainers only have one objective, remain. Whereas Brexiteers have multiple objectives, "Leave, no deal, I really don't care about the consequences, Nigel and Boris have promised me it'll be all gravy anyway", " leave with a deal which makes Britain the net beneficiary, if the EU don't like it they can lump it" and, for many Brexiteers, they are now saying, "Actually it was all a horrible mistake, can we try again?".

Nope. Brexiteers are still saying, "actually, when is this damn government going to honour our majority vote?".

6 minutes ago, aright said:

Great! You justify 2019 opinion using 2016 figures and you don't even get them right. 52% of the electorate voted to leave

Stop wasting my time.

What's the problem? You wasted your time voting "leave" didn't you? 555

4 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Nope. 17 million out of the full electorate of 48 million is 36% of the electorate. One can be certain that all of the "True Leavers" went to the voting polls as they were highly motivated to do so.

The rest, who didn't believe that Brexit would happen, were not as motivated. 

SOS

Not often that you and I are on the same page..but your are on the money big time with your post..
Ps..if you fancy a footie flutter..Rangers..Everton..C Palace and Newcastle..good odds..go 4 trebles and an accum.[emoji6][emoji6][emoji6]

It is the Islamic way of conquering countries and enforcing Sharia law by creating a population majority. it's happening in most EU countries including the UK. Regretably, the UK are unable to prevent this owing to their politiacal view. Should take an example how to control this from Japan. 

Just now, nauseus said:

Nope. Brexiteers are still saying, "actually, when is this damn government going to honour our majority vote?".

Some Brexiteers, get it right. The majority now want to remain.

19 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

I think we should revoke Article 50. Only realistic solution. By all means reconsider the implications of exiting or remaining in the EU. Then have a PLAN including the pros and cons of either action. As it stands, leaving the EU would be an economic disaster, so how is that balanced out? Answer, as of today. There isn't one. 

Whatever the minority of leavers believe, there is no pot of gold at the rainbow, only that your children and grandchildren would have to pay. Already people are stockpiling goods that won't be readily available if Brexshit is enacted.

Is that what you really want?

You ignore the more serious implications of abandoning democracy. Yes, I really want.

17 minutes ago, Spidey said:

You're on one of your obtuse rambles now. How does Gina Miller have anything to do with the article in the Evening Standard?

That's 49 ????

Miller's precedent received ample coverage before, during and after her case scuppered the Govt at the start of all this yet there's barely a squeak re Tilbrook who hopes to prove that UK left the EU on 29 March using her precedent to bolster his case in reverse. If he wins she'll become the patron saint of Brexiters and her statue will adorn the vacant plinth outside Parliament ????

2 minutes ago, aright said:

Stop wasting my time.

Actually you're wrong. As usual. 52% of those who voted to leave, equates to 37% of the electorate. As the UK government set a 40% rate the same as the Scotland referendum Brexit would be a dead duck. How many more times before you understand?  

9 minutes ago, nauseus said:

It's not a majority vote, merely 37% of the total electorate. Get that into your head.

2 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

Actually you're wrong. As usual. 52% of those who voted to leave, equates to 37% of the electorate. As the UK government set a 40% rate the same as the Scotland referendum Brexit would be a dead duck. How many more times before you understand?  

This 37% rot has been run through here so often you can almost time it. 

14 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Nope. 17 million out of the full electorate of 48 million is 36% of the electorate. One can be certain that all of the "True Leavers" went to the voting polls as they were highly motivated to do so.

The rest, who didn't believe that Brexit would happen, were not as motivated. 

What's the point of including people who didn't vote . They don't count, they didn't care , their opinion has no relevance to leave or stay statistics. The rest of your post is prefaced by old figures, guess, guesstimate, and probably. Not a convincing proof I'm afraid. What's wrong with my figures?

Just now, nauseus said:

In your wee dreams

Ignoring all the evidence again. Calling it fake news? Take a good look at yourself.

ostrich.jpg.d67bed5fb19dd3f658115b7e8ec03fc3.jpg

Just now, Spidey said:

Ignoring all the evidence again. Calling it fake news? Take a good look at yourself.

ostrich.jpg.d67bed5fb19dd3f658115b7e8ec03fc3.jpg

That's linki on holiday. Som nom na.

What's the point of including people who didn't vote . They don't count, they didn't care , their opinion has no relevance to leave or stay statistics. The rest of your post is prefaced by old figures, guess, guesstimate, and probably. Not a convincing proof I'm afraid. What's wrong with my figures?

Your figures are 3 years old. People have wised up.

Also, 3 years ago, all the polls were predicting a remain win (probably because most people did want to remain). This induced complacency amongst remainers who didn't bother to go out and vote.

Just now, stephenterry said:

Rubbish. 37% of the total electorate is not a democracy. Get that into your head.f

Those who chose not to vote took their democratic choice to abstain. Try to absorb this great knowledge!

Just now, Spidey said:

Your figures are 3 years old. People have wised up.

Also, 3 years ago, all the polls were predicting a remain win (probably because most people did want to remain). This induced complacency amongst remainers who didn't bother to go out and vote.

Wised up is right, now they are totally pissed off.

What's wrong with your figures is that is not a majority of the electorate, only a majority of those who voted. You can argue any which way, but 17 million out of the 65 million population is not a democratic rationale for leaving the EU. 

Archived