800,000 in account after extension. Start date?

12 hours ago, smedly said:

do explain

If you have received some sort of guarantee about agent use in 12 months well bully for you - like I said, they might take your money now and might even guarantee your next extension in 12 months - good luck with that

I can see it now - arriving at your agent in 12 months passport in hand, need to renew - no can do solly………………...what then lol

you will have an extension you got 12 months ago that didn't meet the requirements i.e post 400k seasoning for 9 months and post 800k 3 months 

Not if I go the income route, and my pension documentation on my UK tax return is accepted. Of course I'll get it notarised by a lawyer here in CM, as being genuine. What bugs me more than anything is being required to deposit large sums of money in a commercial bank earning abysmal interest. Any other choice is far preferable.

4 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

So tell us how much more you would earn on 800k in a 3 year bond as opposed to a Fixed Deposit account for one year? I don't think we really need the bingo reference as opposed to earning interesst. 

Find out yourself.  

19 hours ago, Scott424 said:
20 hours ago, smedly said:

IMO using an agent for your next renewal will leave you in the same position as the OP - you have broken the rules and your next renewal will be rejected - further penalties unknown 

An agent right now will take your money - will they guarantee your next renewal when you have obviously broken the rules ? they might tell you  "no problem" as you hand them 20k baht - no risk to them

That is the big question that nobody can answer right now

My guess is the agents will find a way to process the application next year otherwise those (agents) who survive on the large payoffs will be out of business after this year.  Just the same as the immigration officials who accept the payoffs will want to continue to accept the payoffs after this year thus they will find a way with the agents to continue the process.

I don't think it will stop.   That said, I would not use an agent to "fake-money" this year, if it can be avoided.  Watch and see what is reported next year - and at the office you use - then consider options at that time.

2 hours ago, stephenterry said:

I've never skirted any rules or asked my agent any other that what do I have to produce to comply with the regs?  

then I have absolutely no idea why you are discussing this with me - you very obviously don't quite get the point I was making in my previous posts on this thread

Yes there are some people that use an agent to manage their legal extension application simply because they would rather pay 2k baht to an agent and avoid going to immigration themselves...…..……...that is not what I am referring too when I mention "using an agent", most people understand what that means 

So you have lost me completely as to why we are even discussing this

2 hours ago, stephenterry said:

Not if I go the income route, and my pension documentation on my UK tax return is accepted. Of course I'll get it notarised by a lawyer here in CM, as being genuine. What bugs me more than anything is being required to deposit large sums of money in a commercial bank earning abysmal interest. Any other choice is far preferable.

I agree 

2 hours ago, JackThompson said:

I don't think it will stop.   That said, I would not use an agent to "fake-money" this year, if it can be avoided.  Watch and see what is reported next year - and at the office you use - then consider options at that time.

100% agree, very sensible approach and exactly the point I am making, some people think agent use is still in operation as before - yes it is and they will take your money (why not) but come 12 months time - maybe not and it is too late then to do much about it

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 1:02 PM, smedly said:

IMO using an agent for your next renewal will leave you in the same position as the OP - you have broken the rules and your next renewal will be rejected -

Where in my Original post have I said anything about using an agent and how am I breaking any rules? I clearly stated I am using my money already seasoned in MY bank account and where I am discussing the methodology of keeping at least 400,000 in "A" bank account at all times so that I will remain within the rules.

On 5/8/2019 at 11:47 AM, attrayant said:

I don't remember where I found this graphic, but it seems to agree that everything revolves around the filing date, not the extension expiration/renewal date.  In this example, the filing date is July 1.  The actual retirement extension expiration date could be 30-45 days later.

592994470_Thailandretirementextensionfinancialrequirements2019.png.089398ec816248340bbe12c0f2d65fbe.png

That's a very good graph.     Hopefully it'll answer the common questions for many seeking a visa extension.

On 5/8/2019 at 8:10 AM, twizzian said:

I renewed my extension on the 26th Apr. I asked the IO about the the 800/400k requirement, and my reply was don’t worry you can take it all out as we haven’t been given the new orders.

So I did!

So I’m wondering if there are other Immigrations that have held back too 

I did my extension today and I was issued with a memo in English that gave the new rules.  It is quite explicit in that memo that the 800K must remain in the account for 3 months following the date of extension and must be verified by updated bank book at the 90 day report following the extension.   

• Like 1