Swearing by the EU: UK's anti-Brexit Lib Dems opt for earthy election slogan

webfact

16 hours ago, oilinki said:

Reminders have logic and reasoning on their side. Reminders don't need stupid slogans on their side. 

Brexiters however do need stupid and simplified slogans as their reasoning is and have always been false. How else one could get the uneducated people on their side? 

Stupid slogans are always complaints. Stupid slogans never offer real answers. Stupid slogans are really easy to remember and to repeat - by the people who really have no idea what is going on.

Stupid slogans are necessity for the populist movements. On both right and left. 

Stupid populist slogans are to manipulate stupid people. Educate your people of their own choices. That way the stupid slogans no longer have any effect. 

Here's a reminder of a new remainer slogan: <deleted> to Brexit.

Logical? No.....stupid. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Yes, for a good reason. 

Bol locks is actually one of the great 'swear words' in English language. It is one which defines Englishness in a good way. 

Yet a case in the high court cira 1978(ish) ruled that the phrase was " an ecclesiastical term meaning 'vickers' "

An' I didn't need Google to look it up but there's nuffink stopping you.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2019 at 10:33 AM, TopDeadSenter said:

You will find no greater freedom than for citizens to have a referendum to decide on important issues. We had one in Britain. Leave won. Yet the liberals who are remainer by and large were not happy they lost, and want a re-run or cancellation of the result. Can you explain how overturning the democratic referendum result fit in with notions of "liberalism"? 

Can you explain how electoral fraud fits in with the notion of democracy?

3 minutes ago, nauseus said:

It's OK. Leave won even though most of the fear and lies came from remain.

Rendering their absence from the boards all the more baffling of late, I thought I'd gone deaf! ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We Europeans worry mostly about the impacts of Brexit to us. We do also worry about the impacts of Brexit to the United Kingdom. 

We already have a weak and messed up neighbour with nuclear weapons in the east. We don't want one just next to us in the west as well. 

Unstable UK is a security threat, which needs to be addressed. Hopefully it doesn't go that far, but it's definitely a thing to be considered and evaluated at this time. 

Did you worry about the UK in 1939....?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, oilinki said:

We Europeans worry mostly about the impacts of Brexit to us. We do also worry about the impacts of Brexit to the United Kingdom. 

We already have a weak and messed up neighbour with nuclear weapons in the east. We don't want one just next to us in the west as well. 

Unstable UK is a security threat, which needs to be addressed. Hopefully it doesn't go that far, but it's definitely a thing to be considered and evaluated at this time. 

You talk about your messed up neighbour Russia. Yet you would expect the U.K to side with your country Finland, should you be threatened by them. Well I for one say “forget it” if your so intent on keeping us shackled to the E.u. Russia can do what they like with you.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Even my grandparents were not having the idea of making my parents in 1939. 

So, no is the answer.

Then you should read more about UK history in favour of iPhone battery longevity....????

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, oilinki said:

This whole Brexit mess is because everybody knows that the initial referendum was a big mistake. Sometimes people go to far with their angst against the politics. 

The next referendum is needed to correct the mistake which happened. Once the new referendum turns the brexit to no go, most of the people simply wish to forget this stupid episode in British history and keep on going towards with the rest of us.

How many more "Owzatts" can this Muppet get away with?

Can others join in without first changing sides?

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, transam said:

I keep forgetting what country you come from, don't know why, perhaps it's because it's unimportant to UK folk discussing UK matters here...????

Just wonder how many of the British Brexiteers posting on this forum actually spend much time in the UK or pay UK income tax?

Just now, Basil B said:

Just wonder how many of the British Brexiteers posting on this forum actually spend much time in the UK or pay UK income tax?

Why...?

Bloke from Finland is who have done neither...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oilinki said:

This is the second time you have referred to me about iPhone battery. I don't own one. 

I can only guess you got that from my tweets on twitter how my MBA's charging suddenly broke down.

What is your twitter handle? Drop me a DM on twitter. It would be nice. 

Twitter means nothing to me.....But, modern day folk with an iPhone pertinently planted in one hand seems to be the norm today........I reckon you are one of today's norm's...????

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, oilinki said:

This whole Brexit mess is because everybody knows that the initial referendum was a big mistake. Sometimes people go to far with their angst against the politics. 

The next referendum is needed to correct the mistake which happened. Once the new referendum turns the brexit to no go, most of the people simply wish to forget this stupid episode in British history and keep on going towards with the rest of us.

We don't want to go with the rest of you.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, oilinki said:

It's just you along with your circle of people. Most Brits wish to play with us Europeans.

We form a big circle. Enjoy playing with your friends.

• Like 1

I must be really slow as I still don't understand your explanation what is "Owzatts".

Do give me a link which explains it, if you can't do it with words.

And btw. Do you think it's unfair for us Europeans to talk the same way as Brexiteers do? Do you think it's unfair for us to use facts and math along with feelings, which you so much love to use?

Does Finland play Cricket....?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, oilinki said:

I must be really slow as I still don't understand your explanation what is "Owzatts".

Do give me a link which explains it, if you can't do it with words.

(Cant be bothered)

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, transam said:

Correct, you Europeans worrying about the impact of no UK cash..That has become apparent to me...

And that goes for UK folk that have strong ties across the channel and their cash...

folks worrying about cash,what is the world coming too

1 hour ago, oilinki said:

dont worry we wont nuke you,you should be more fearful of visit from tommy,teddy and the boys.