800k in fixed term deposit for extension based on retirement

Use the yellow bank Krungsri. I opened with them when i arrived 15 years ago. I use my 800000 bath for my retirement visa and they block 600000 of it so i also have a c card for 500000 baht. I have never worked here. They also allow 2 atm cards on one account at last, that was about 3 years ago. They are the biggest bank. 

Use the yellow bank Krungsri. I opened with them when i arrived 15 years ago. I use my 800000 bath for my retirement visa and they block 600000 of it so i also have a c card for 500000 baht. I have never worked here. They also allow 2 atm cards on one account at last, that was about 3 years ago. They are the biggest bank. 
No need for a ATM card anymore, "cardless withdrawals" work fine using my phone. I just have a passbook

Bangkok Bank is the easiest to open. Just find one where there are lots of foreigners and they will be more than happy to open for you.

SCB is the most difficult bank.

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
6 hours ago, helloagain said:

No need for a ATM card anymore, "cardless withdrawals" work fine using my phone. I just have a passbook

Do cardless withdrawal need an internet connection on the phone?

Not everybody subscribe to internet connection on the phone.

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
4 hours ago, EricTh said:
Do cardless withdrawal need an internet connection on the phone?

Not everybody subscribe to internet connection on the phone.

Yes, you use their app. sim data deals can be cheap. AIS has unlimited 1 mbps for 1200 baht a YEAR

1200 baht per year is not cheap and it's only used for withdrawing money.

I have internet connection at home, and it's enough.

Archived