Camper Van or Mobile home

On 5/17/2019 at 10:01 PM, NokNokJoke said:

I saw one of the carryboy type RV's running around Isaan in November.     It wasn't new, maybe ten years old,but not junk.     I was curious who was driving it, (Guessed a farang)  but only could determine it was an Asian person.       I also wondered about the lack of facilities for an RV.

I don't mind 'comfort camping' via a car or pickup,  (Large  tent, air mattresses, folding chairs, etc)  but need access to decent bathrooms, showers, etc.    (The older I get the more important that is) 

I could handle a lengthy car trip in Thailand based on mostly staying in inexpensive hotels, and the occasional decent campsite.   Seriously thinking about throwing one of the nicer backpacking tents I have in the suitcase when I come in a month or so to  retire, but not sure how much use it would get?

(other than GF's granddaughters playing in it)  Not sure I'd attempt a vehicle I could sleep in?

you are right NokNok Joke,
a bathroom IN the car is important for me too. I dont like to go always somewhere else or just on the jungle toilet and specially at night when it rains it could be a bit inconvenient this way ????
:
There is a company here renting out these Campervans, its not cheap, at least 6-8000Baht per day but they are mostly made for travelling with many ppl and having minimum 6 places for sleep inside. Thats what i dont need since i am travelling alone or may be with my wife. Not sure yet, you have to like camping and she doesnt ????
:
The other thing is, older Campers have a totally different Electric system from new ones. The newer ones running mostly on Solar and thats easy with the new and cheap LED lamps.
Even a fridge and a Microwave you can use with enough solar pannels on the roof nowadays.
have a good weekend and thanks for answer

On 5/17/2019 at 8:26 AM, rwill said:

more than you want to spend I think:

https://www.mac-thai.com/16787450/motorhomes-caravans

Before i buy something made in England, i buy something made in EUROPE ????????????
Its always better to buy things where they are used much. I had no idea the Brits doing so much camping but I know for sure the guys from Holland, Austria and Germany do ????
Check for Hymer 

thanks for the link but there are thousands others and to import something like this to Thailand is just not very smart ????
have a good weekend and thx for answer

On 5/17/2019 at 8:30 AM, Chicken George said:

TM 30 will be a big problem.. When moving address you have to report within 24hrs your new address.. 

Sorry to burst your bubble but you will be better off with a car and staying in cheap accomadation..

Good luck

Please READ the post and try to understand, even if my English is not really good, i think ppl getting the point of what i want!

On 5/17/2019 at 8:36 AM, sanmyintmaung said:

I have seen news about the plan to ban Chinese RVs from driving around Phuket town.

yes, its a bit Off Topic but ok, thats btw the same goverment want to force us into paying private insurance companies in future to get our 1 year Visa for Thailand!
I actually like the Military government but they should try to arrive in the 21st century sometimes too!!
Camping or RV vans are not just something for people to safe money on accomondation. its just another kind of REAL travelling. Its a different thing if you are taking a plane from Europe to Thailand or travelling for month in a RV.
:
I belive there are people travelling in Vans for saving money but if you check how much a car like on the picture is in China, they do not safe much money ????
cheers

On 5/17/2019 at 8:47 AM, The Deerhunter said:

Cityboy is the same but higher headroom.  You can buy an awful lot of cheap guest house or provincial hotel rooms for the price of such a conversion. It also leaves you much less open to unfortunate incidents including with the authorities who who require to know where you sleep every night as part of Thailand's immigration law. If you are planning to Holiday in the cities, or on the islands and not provincial tours oh, you must consider that where you intend park up every night

dude, can i take this hotelrooms with me? Please read my former posts. I am planning a road trip to EUROPE and its really difficult to bring a ROOM from Thailand to Kazachstan or China for Example ????

1 minute ago, Vacuum said:

A second-hand bus? Plenty of space.

good idea Vacuum THANKS, was thinking about the same, BUT

1st most they are totally done when sold
2nd they are using an awfull amount of fuel ????

i need something using not more as around 10-12L per 100km

Thanks for reply
moskito

36 minutes ago, moskito said:

thx Sir, but that was really not my question.
Its not in my intention to safe money on Hotels or Rooms, we are renting out by ourselfs since a long time ????
I am planning a Roadtrip to Europe

If so why buy / build it in Thailand??

On 5/17/2019 at 1:34 PM, bugattiklaus said:

Hello , I think I have something Strong for You ...

find Pictures enclose  Price  1,9 Mill THB

my Phone 091 561 1766

DSC00625.JPG

DSC00626.JPG

DSC00627.JPG

DSC00593.JPG

DSC00594.JPG

DSC00595.JPG

DSC00596.JPG

DSC00597.JPG

DSC00598.JPG

DSC00599.JPG

nice one but actually IF i buy something second hand, it should not be older than 2 years since the old ones for sure havent any kind of new solar technology in it.
The other thing is for sure this thing will use about 20L on 100km and sorry to say but inside its looking like a lot of wasted space AND you smoked inside for years which me as a not anymore smoker for sure will  smell 24/7 ..so thanks for the offer but i think not ????
:
The DIY RV i plan, has a motorcycle garage under the bed, a bathroom, desk, large fridge, kitchen with oven and gas stove all on 3,5x2meters plus drivers cabin where i actually only need one seat because the other is the seat for the desk and working space ... not exactly but little bit similar as on the pictures.
Btw, Carryboy sales something like this for around 1,7mil baht ????  but thx

Apollo Pioneer Bath.jpg

Comewithus2 Bed links Bad rechts.png

Just now, LukKrueng said:

If so why buy / build it in Thailand??

have you ever checked our IMPORT TAXES here?
I am also not planning a discussion about the why and why not here. I was asking an easy question i thought. I am living in Thailand since more than 20 years, trust me i am not totally stupid ????

PLEASE guys, i am not trying to SAFE MONEY in Thailand on ROOMS or HOTELS!!!!
I am looking for a Van like a VW-Crafter or Mercedes Sprinter made in Thailand.
The only company doing something like what i want is Carryboy so far.
There must be other options. I am looking for a car like this, pls check photos. I am planning a trip to Europe!
1st Mercedes Sprinter  DIY Van
2nd Mercedes Sprinter
3rd VW Crafter

mercedes Sprinter Ausbau.jpg

mercedes Sprinter.jpg

Volkswagen-Crafter-LWB-Fridge-Van.jpg

3 minutes ago, moskito said:

have you ever checked our IMPORT TAXES here?
I am also not planning a discussion about the why and why not here. I was asking an easy question i thought. I am living in Thailand since more than 20 years, trust me i am not totally stupid ????

Never meant to say you were stupid.

The fact that you live in Thailand has nothing to do in regards to a road trip in Europe. As it is much more popular in Europe I am sure it is easier to find a ready made campers there and even to buy a van and fit it yourself as far as parts and accessories go.

Next is the price of the vehicle itself - tax on cars in Thailand is very high, as you yourself have mentioned in some of your post the prices of VW vans. Also, wrong side of the road, and you'll also have the cost of shipping the van to Europe and all the hassles of clearing it through customs at the pot of arrival. What about insurance? I don't think a Thai insurance will cover you over there, and don't know if it is possible to insure IN Europe a Thai registered vehicle.  

No shipping, he wants to drive it to Europe. Insurance is available at EU borders, otherwise there could be no traffic in and out. Great site for info on routes, paperwork, etc. http://horizonsunlimited.com.

Then there is the subject of the Thai export permit: legally, you are not allowed to take a vehicle out of Thailand for more than a month. We had to find a way around that when my wife and I rode our bikes to Timor Leste. I think you can forget about ever bringing it back and you probably won't be able to sell it anywhere else.

Edited by beddhist
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jvs said:

Thanks JVS, found this pages earlier too. The Mercedes page does not give any prices except the one for 8million Baht, which is really something nobody needs except his name is Taksin ????
:
The VW are only Caravelles, they are having the same high as a normal minibus but are 3 times more expensive, problem, you cant stay in it if you are taller as 140cm ????  

THANK You anyways and have a good weekend

2 hours ago, beddhist said:

No shipping, he wants to drive it to Europe. Insurance is available at EU borders, otherwise there could be no traffic in and out. Great site for info on routes, paperwork, etc. http://horizonsunlimited.com.

Then there is the subject of the Thai export permit: legally, you are not allowed to take a vehicle out of Thailand for more than a month. We had to find a way around that when my wife and I rode our bikes to Timor Leste. I think you can forget about ever bringing it back and you probably won't be able to sell it anywhere else.

Thanks, had no idea you cant bring a car longer out as a year ????  that makes things difficult. I dont have so many problems in Europe, i just register it in Poland at my friends address and you can ride it anywhere. Poland is still much easier when it comes to something like this as Germany.
:
I was usually planning to ride my motorcycle all the way but i am getting older too and not really sleeping in tents anymore for a couple of weeks. Lots of ppl doing it the other way around already, a friend of mine Ed March, did it on a Honda C90 from Malaysia to England, crossing India Iran etc. Its not like 30 years ago anymore where no one could cross Russia.
I want to go up to China first, thats the biggest problem so far, since China allow only driving licenses made in China and they still  want to give you a guard you have to pay for. Kazachstan and Russia are no Problem at all and Pakistan and Afghanistan i am not planning to visit.
:
And THANKS ... you got it i do NOT planning to SHIP a  RV after I build it in Thailand, there would be no reason for something like this. ????

The news report from Phuket about Chinese camper vans is at least 2 yrs old. And since that time the Thai govt has changed the rules about chinese cars, and vans, coming into Thailand.

Thai govt simply told the Chinese that unless Thai vehicles were allowed into China, then no chinese vehicles would be allowed into Thailand.

Simple reciprocity.

China don't allow folks in (driving), and  hardly let anyone out.

In 2015 i did see many chinese licensed cars in and around CM, often traveling in large packs, 15 cars in a row.

Have not seen one chinese license in 3 yrs.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, chingmai331 said:

The news report from Phuket about Chinese camper vans is at least 2 yrs old. And since that time the Thai govt has changed the rules about chinese cars, and vans, coming into Thailand.

Thai govt simply told the Chinese that unless Thai vehicles were allowed into China, then no chinese vehicles would be allowed into Thailand.

Simple reciprocity.

China don't allow folks in (driving), and  hardly let anyone out.

In 2015 i did see many chinese licensed cars in and around CM, often traveling in large packs, 15 cars in a row.

Have not seen one chinese license in 3 yrs.

absolutely agree. On the other hand there are hundreds of Chinese Made busses riding around all over Thailand, transporting Chinese Tourists for Chinese Companies, bringing them to Chinese Restaurants belonging to Chinese Owners. But TiT thats Thailand, I know no other country in the world watching when others stealing the  butter from their bread like we say.
It doesnt matter, Chinese companies doing business here or Pakistanis, People from Lebanon saying they are from Bangladesh taking over all markets selling souvenirs and t-shirts to the Tourists while the Thais doing nothing against it. One must be blind not to see it when running with open eyes thru the Kingdom, specially in areas with Tourists ????
:
However, i HOPE China will come down with this strong regulations. When asking they explained to me its only for my own safety since Chinese ppl doesnt speak English and will not understand anything i want...actually i travelled half the world and it was not much different, so i dont care but they still do ????

On 5/19/2019 at 11:42 AM, moskito said:

dude, can i take this hotelrooms with me? Please read my former posts. I am planning a road trip to EUROPE and its really difficult to bring a ROOM from Thailand to Kazachstan or China for Example ????

Oops.  Sorry!

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Denim said:

Would get pretty uncomfortable sleeping in a camper without air con.

How would the air con be powered ?

in my case often more a heating ????  but there are plenty of systems, from Diesel powered airheating systems to little ovens wich came originally from Canada.
And yes, with the new Solar Technology and some good batteries, you can really power a big fridge with icebox AND an Aircon if you need one. I never needed Aircondition, actually i dont like these things very much, not just they are an absolutely killer of the natural enviroment. A fan will do and when i sleep i am ok without it.
Wonder how the people survived a hundred years ago ????  .... ahhhh they had girls with huge banana leafes ????????

a good week to all of you and thanks for so many input here

NiceDodge.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/19/2019 at 7:05 PM, moskito said:

absolutely agree. On the other hand there are hundreds of Chinese Made busses riding around all over Thailand, transporting Chinese Tourists for Chinese Companies, bringing them to Chinese Restaurants belonging to Chinese Owners. But TiT thats Thailand, I know no other country in the world watching when others stealing the  butter from their bread like we say.
It doesnt matter, Chinese companies doing business here or Pakistanis, People from Lebanon saying they are from Bangladesh taking over all markets selling souvenirs and t-shirts to the Tourists while the Thais doing nothing against it. One must be blind not to see it when running with open eyes thru the Kingdom, specially in areas with Tourists ????
:
However, i HOPE China will come down with this strong regulations. When asking they explained to me its only for my own safety since Chinese ppl doesnt speak English and will not understand anything i want...actually i travelled half the world and it was not much different, so i dont care but they still do ????

Offtopic but it's even harder for us Chinese folks, foreigners can still convert Chinese DL and/or enter China with foreign vehicle if they go through all complicated process, but for Chinese ppl is a simple no! 

One example I have 5yr Thai DL and my sister have SKorean DL, according to all regulation we should be able convert to Chinese DL after a theory test, in reality local police enjoy torture returnee and denying DL conversion at all. Each fresh DL application took 3 months and ¥7k($1,000)!

And needless to say foreign passport is a must for foreign vehicle entrance. Damn I want bring my Thaimobile to China for a tour ???? the only way is import back which almost impossible and cannot go back Thailand

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

yeah Coremouse, i hear you. Most things in Thailand are still pretty complicated and some Police guys still  do what they want to and just dont follow Police Orders from Bangkok here. I had a nearly same problem with a guy from Phuket immigration here who refused to give me a permit even when the Police orders saying so. I flew to Bangkok talked with the Chief of Immi and she called him (this guy in Phuket Immigration) told him he has to follow.  He said yes on the phone, and i heard it.
Back in Phuket same procedure...what could i do? flying to Bangkok again? ???? 
They do what they want but i hope THIS WILL CHANGE SOON and i belive in our new Prime Minister with that!!!

Rome was not build in 3 days  we say

• Like 1