Do you know anyone who got AIDS and died in Thailand?

soistalker

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:
Well, it could be debated whether or not anal with a woman who is infected, is dangerous behavior. I say it is. Of course you do not know. And that is what makes it risky. 

That's why I take PrEP

You serious?

On 5/15/2019 at 8:40 AM, scorecard said:

I'm aware of a gay expat from OZ, got the HIV virus during his long stay working here. insisted on unprotected sex. Gave the HIV virus to his new naive totally inexperienced to his new very young lover, not a barboy, the young boy was a shop assistant in Central Silom, farang said I'll buy the toaster and more if you come home with me.  The young boy progressed to full blown aids quickly and the farang threw him out.  The boys work friends rented a small old pick up truck to take him home to Chiang Rai from Bkk (old pick up was the cheapest vehicle they could rent). Their work supervisor gave them money for gasoline. Boy died on the dirt floor of family house outside CR city within a few days.

Farang then progressed to full blown aids and continued to pick up boys on street corners etc. Bought a ticket to go home to OZ, evening before the flight he took another young street boy to his room, next morning sold everything in his room to other tenants then went to the airport with enough cash for the taxi fare, all he had in the world. He gave the proceeds of the clean-out sale to the street boy. Farang arrived in Brisbane, ambulance ordered by the airline waiting, dead within a few days. 

serves him right,pity about his victims he murdered.

20 hours ago, mommysboy said:

The most salient factor is infectivity: some people are 'super spreaders' (no giggles please),

Quite true, it's the Pareto principle or 80/20 rule. A further complication is that in the first few weeks of infection the viral load is is many times higher than later on. Alarmingly, this falls within the window where an HIV test would not yet produce an accurate result. This is what happened recently, where someone contracted HIV through a blood transfusion at Bumrungrad, via blood donated during the early non-detectable window period of infection. 

On 5/22/2019 at 9:38 PM, sanemax said:

Thats an unpleasant thing to suggest and also racist .

Saying that "old White people  hate Blacks , gay and drug users" and it also suggests that old white people may have deliberately invented the disease .

HIV also doesnt "target" Black people , if they are more prone to catching it , thats is becuse of their behavior , rather than their skin colour 

Tell that to Dave Chapelle, a black comedian. He said it, I quoted him

On 5/22/2019 at 10:17 PM, sanemax said:

I do think that theres more undiagnosed people who carry it and are unaware of it , than that has been reported .

With no symptoms showing for ten years , and numerous people not getting tested or taking precautions , its quite likely that there are more carriers than known about

The ten years for symptoms to show up is the exception not the rule. Can be anywhere between 1 year on. A person can be positive and never show any symptoms. Girls I knew based on her CD4 levels probably contracted it 3 years prior. Wasn't showing symptoms but her CD levels only 100 points off AIDs

14 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Well, not exactly.

Transmission of herpes or HPV genital warts are possible via happy ending.

Next time, Better make sure you have condom or they are wearing a glove with plenty of lube to be 100 percent sure.

And that is the silly quote of the month. 

On 5/23/2019 at 4:30 PM, bkk6060 said:

Well, not exactly.

Next time, Better make sure you have condom or they are wearing a glove with plenty of lube to be 100 percent sure.

You really need to educate yourself on STI transmission, because your post is wrong.

2 hours ago, faraday said:

You really need to educate yourself on STI transmission, because your post is wrong.

False.

I am correct in fact add syphilis as possible transmission as you have no idea where that hand has been before you.

Check for yourself on STD's via happy ending. Please, do your research or do I need to cut and paste for you?.....

2 hours ago, faraday said:

Afraid bkk6060 is correct on, herpes, genital warts and syphilis.

No need for insertion to catch them, and condoms are no protection.

Well, not exactly.

What about if you are doing it yourself ?

Do you still need to wear a glove ?

Well, not exactly.

And you could also win the lottery...get struck by lightning...duet with Taylor Swift...buy an ostrich...don't worry enjoy your handjobs the chance of anything happening is a crazyillion to 3:62.5

On 5/16/2019 at 11:28 AM, BritManToo said:

........ or she infected him, how could you possibly tell which person came first?

Genotyping can be done to identify the exact strain of the particular HIV infection, and each persons is individual due to genetics

3 hours ago, soistalker said:

U = U?

U = you are crazy if you are HIV negative and sleep with someone who is HIV positive. 

Oh dear , read the research please, it involved about 30,000 participants in several countries.

No wonder stigma for people living with HIV remains high.

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

False.

I am correct in fact add syphilis as possible transmission as you have no idea where that hand has been before you.

Check for yourself on STD's via happy ending. Please, do your research or do I need to cut and paste for you?.....

Ok, seems I'm incorrect.

However, the transmission rate must be so low, as to be negligible....?

19 hours ago, sanemax said:

What about if you are doing it yourself ?

Do you still need to wear a glove ?

Not really. But a manicure, some nail polish and a blouse wouldn't go amiss if you want to make your arm look more attractive. 

About 45 years ago, my Mom-in-law raised a little boy she unofficially "adopted".  I loved that kid.  Some years after we returned to the USA, he ran with the wrong crowd as a teenager.  Ended up dying of AIDS in prison.

Back in the day 20 years ago, hopefully not now, they had HIV/AIDS hospitals and used to shave all their heads so less work for the staff.

I did spot a HIV hospital on the outskirts of Pattaya the other day, in the middle of nowhere when i was cycling.

They still have a head in the sand mentality here on HIV, in particular Pattaya of all places

6 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Back in the day 20 years ago, hopefully not now, they had HIV/AIDS hospitals and used to shave all their heads so less work for the staff.

I did spot a HIV hospital on the outskirts of Pattaya the other day, in the middle of nowhere when i was cycling.

They still have a head in the sand mentality here on HIV, in particular Pattaya of all places

It's funny everyone would think Pattaya hot spot for HIV but much worse in the villages. At least some of the working girls take precautions. Up country it's a free for all. Many of the girls who do contract it in Pattaya end up back in their home area anyway. One of the major problems as I see it is in the provincial areas most of the hospitals and clinics have a special area for HIV patients. So you can imagine many peoples unwillingness to sit outside these areas waiting for the doctor when there is a fairly good chance someone from their village will walk past. Hence many only take their meds first three months and never go back again. They figure if they get sick they'll deal with it then. 

Archived