Video: Police patience wears thin as Thai man with no licence taken in to custody

webfact

17 hours ago, Youlike said:

Why the police waste so much time? It takes many of them to arrest a driver without driverslicense? That's why i see plenty of them racing without license plates, helmets, against traffic and so on...

You obviously don’t have much experience in arresting or restraining unwilling people.

i do.

unless the person submits willingly and very passively the risk to a single officer with handcuffing is the perp will resist and escalate to violence rapidly.

the only sure way for a single officer to cuff a resistant guy and avoid harm to himself, and maybe the perp possibly fleeing ... to avoid this as a single officer is to use speedy and measured considerable force sometimes lots of force like a sweep arm lock take down and pin etc. I.e. lots of force to avoid being elbowed in the face or worse.

thats why multiple officers arrived n collectively handled the guy pretty standard stuff for cops when they act with measured restraint.

its real easy to watch a video n say what should happen but when youve been a cop and faced with violent erratic people every day of every week then speak about what should be done or not done.

I have said it before, will say it again. The police and enforcement, isn't the problem. The problem comes from the home, where no one is told no, never has to behave, ignored and the like. This has been instilled in the people for generations and it isn't going to stop anytime soon. The police themselves were raised in this same enviornment. A 60 years old Yai here told me years ago, "We" do not follow the law, how true we her words!,,,

On 5/16/2019 at 9:30 AM, KiChakayan said:

Disagree with the headline, kudos to the cops who show a high level professionalism. In France I have seen the police beating the shit out of Africans or Arabs for a lot less.

was that after the riots?

Archived