British man jumps to his death at Central Festival mall in Pattaya

snoop1130

2 hours ago, The Deerhunter said:

According to the Thai people I have discussed this with, there is an obvious possible answer to this question which may explain why he didn't have his passport on him. Possibly not in this case, but apparently many ambulance drivers or other First Responders just help themselves. Yet one more reason not to wander around with a real Rolex watch, a pocket full of cash and a neck full of gold in this land of smiles.

But perhaps he was just so distracted by his unhappiness that he was not thinking about such things. There but for the grace of.....etc.

And at some stage whoever claims. the body will have to pay the hospital.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Sad...

Always thought it was selfish act, leaving someone else to clear up the mess, and could so easily have killed or badly injured others if he landed on them.

But then, you don't understand why people suicide or their state of mind at the time, do you?

2 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

The bystanders have absolutely no manners or respect; wondering what they do with the photographs they all took with their smart phones. Absolutely disgusting and despicable! 

Probably to post it onto their Instagram so they can get more Instagram followers, or to sell it to a news outlet and make a few bucks.

1 hour ago, monkeycu said:

There are some sick puppies in this world who get off taking these photo's

Look at the one for this article, some clown had to draw in an over size arrow pointing to the body

They didn't have anyone to stand next to the body and do the usual finger pointing at it for the photo opportunity like the usual Thai style?

42 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

And at some stage whoever claims. the body will have to pay the hospital.

What happens if nobody claims the body? Does it become the property of Thailand and they can do whatever they want with it? Sell it, use it for medical research, harvest the organs and sell it on the black market, etc?

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

I think we are going to see a spate of suicides among the elderly who see no way out of the new requirements.

Why don't those elderly people just buy a plane ticket back to their home countries and stay alive instead of killing themselves and torturing kids seeing dead bodies and blood splattered everywhere at shopping centres?

10 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Why don't those elderly people just buy a plane ticket back to their home countries and stay alive instead of killing themselves and torturing kids seeing dead bodies and blood splattered everywhere at shopping centres?

Torturing kids? A little prone to exaggeration aren't you? You might be better advised to tell the Thais to stop the carnage on their roads and stop subjecting their kids to the horror of brains being splattered over roads and limbs being torn off.

7 minutes ago, ianezy0 said:

RIP.

but why in such a public place?

it puts so much stress on anyone who witnessed this. Not to mention the risk of injuring someone else.

Sad????

Unless you can walk in his shoes you will never know.

1 minute ago, BobbyL said:

Similar to the man in Terminal 21 recently. Selfish <deleted> who could have easily killed innocent bystanders. 

Oh stop with this "could have killed bystanders" . It hasn't happened in Thailand yet that I know of, and you would have more chance of being struck by lightning. Certainly more chance of being killed crossing the road, riding a motorbike, driving a car, having a shower, etc, etc.

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Oh stop with this "could have killed bystanders" . It hasn't happened in Thailand yet that I know of, and you would have more chance of being struck by lightning. Certainly more chance of being killed crossing the road, riding a motorbike, driving a car, having a shower, etc, etc.

Thai mentality " Its never happened before , so it wont happen in the future". its yet to happen in Thailand through sheer luck and its likely to happen in the future if people keep jumping from shopping center balconies 

Just now, sanemax said:

Thai mentality " Its never happened before , so it wont happen in the future". its yet to happen in Thailand through sheer luck and its likely to happen in the future if people keep jumping from shopping center balconies 

Yeah, suddenly they'll be queuing up to jump and shouting "all clear" before they do.

31 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Okay, that makes it fine then. Let's hope you aren't near something like this when you're out innocently shopping with the family. 

1 minute ago, BobbyL said:

Okay, that makes it fine then. Let's hope you aren't near something like this when you're out innocently shopping with the family. 

I'll take my chances.

1 minute ago, oldrunner said:

So sad but fortunately no vendors or shoppers were injured when the "British "Foreigner"" leapt to his death.

Can't say the same for the 66 killed on the roads every day. More chance of being killed driving/riding home from the mall by a long shot.

5 hours ago, bbi1 said:

How does the ambulance make money if the victim is dead and can't pay for the ambulance?

This happens a lot I feel. My neighbour in Hua Hin from Switzerland developed a rare blood disease he slowly got worse in and out of hospital. Then his mrs called me one day to check on him, white as no pulse she had called the ambulance I commenced cpr but he was gone. Ambo lads arrived checked him they said his heart little little bit working... we take him to hospital but I knew he was already deceased, standard practice I feel and more baht from the family

3 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Can't say the same for the 66 killed on the roads every day. More chance of being killed driving/riding home from the mall by a long shot.

Yes, the roads are dangerous , but that doesnt make jumping off a balcony to be any safer for the people that one may potentially land on 

Archived