Change Retirement to marrige visa

Do you have a OA long stay visa issued by a embassy or consulate in your home country?

Or do you have a extension of stay based upon retirement issued by immigration?

If you apply for a extension of stay based upon marriage it will in no way be a OA visa.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gosmk10 said:

My visa was issued in Australia 2014 and I have had 5 extensions since then

That means you do not have a valid OA visa. You are on extensions of stay based upon retirement.

Your old visa remains whatever it was, and it will have expired.

What will count for anything going forward is what your extension is based on, i.e marriage.

My original visa was a non-immig B well over a decade or so back and has obviously now expired. I've been extending for years based on marriage. Any requirements now have nothing to do with non-immig B requirements, but I must fulfil extension based on marriage requirements instead.

Under kind of visa on the TM7 form for extension of temporary stay (I do for 1 year at a time) I just write "non-immig" and don't specify a letter any more.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I guess your concern is the new rules that health insurance will be needed. Simple answer is no-one knows yet what will happen and what they will apply it to and all the quirks that may come along with it.

Then there's what a jobsworth immigration officer might decide to do on the day and their own interpretation. I've been asked for a copy of my original visa in the past, even though it expired years ago. That shows I was originally on "non-immig B". If in your case an officer did that, I can imagine an immigration officer saying that as your original visa was non-imm OA you need to follow the medical requirement rules. Likely? No? Possible? Yes? Correct for them to do so? Maybe/Maybe not LOL  At this stage no-one knows

1 hour ago, gosmk10 said:

My visa was issued in Australia 2014 and I have had 5 extensions since then

Your O-A Visa expired in 2015, you have since been extending your permission of stay 1 year at a time based on retirement, it's a permit, not a Visa.

Changing from retirement to a marriage extension is straight forward.

The financial requirements are different to that of retirement, but a few more documents are required.

What precisely do you want to know?

Edited by Tanoshi