electronic device to scare pigeons

domdom

Hello

Does anyone know where to find electronic devices to scare pigeons. In Europe there are which work against pigeons and pigeons only.. and are harmless for humans and pets..

Any advice would be appreciated

Have a nice day

The problem is that 3 condos are unoccupied for years on last floor, so pigeons quietly sit there.. but shit from there on my balcony and on the condo walls.. Of course management has no idea to solve the problem (am asking for 6 months now to do something)

Have a nice afternoon

Well we have used the spikes very successfully here in Bangkok on window cover ledges.  But perhaps main thing is to remove food sources.  Dogs only get enough for quick meals now.  Agree the snakes work for a few hours at best.  

1 hour ago, Rimmer said:

There are some anti pigeon noise makers on Lazada see page two:

https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.0.0.33d75e9epKkkwG&_keyori=ss&from=input&q=pigeon noise scare&page=2

I have tried spikes, they build a nest on top of them

I have tried the anti pigeon spray, it wears off quickly and they come back, if they even noticed it.

I have tried rubber snakes, they use them for a wall around their nest on top of the spikes.

They dont like:

Bright lights at night.

A hand full of small granite stones thrown in their direction.

Sudden noise

No food left out

No water left out

+1

Spot on !!

Also tried the spikes absolutely useless !!

They liked (noticed that I wrote Liked ???? ) to make nests in our rain gutters, every time I heard them (even got the son of the neighbor in on it for 100 THB) went outside and started throwing small stones at them. Went on for a while, then got someone to clean ALL gutters. Found some nests, a couple already with Eggs in them got rid of those, and they never came back since !

Edit: But I am still vigilant and have some small stones at the ready ????

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

When I moved into this house, almost 2 years ago, pigeons were nesting under my eaves ( bungalow ) and from the amount of droppings had been there for a while.
I removed their nest ( no eggs ) and sprayed the area liberally with Chaindrite insect spray. They never came back but I have seen that they, might be others [emoji51], have made a home in a neighbours house .

OP.  I actually keep pet pigeons (or rather the white racing pigeons / doves).

Once pigeons start nesting and roosting in one place it is very difficult to discourage them to move on!

Mine live in a coop most of the time, but are let out to fly each afternoon.  Some decided they liked to sit on the air con extractor units, and I did not want them pooping all over them.  A couple also liked to sit on the window ledge and poop down the walls.  Once one starts to use an area it will attract others to try the same place!!!

I tried pigeon spikes.  They did not work. The birds actually just sat on them (even through they appeared not too comfy lol).  The rubber snakes worked for the nesting mynah birds.. but the pigeons did not care about them and they liked to stand on them (soft on their feet).  Scaring them off with a broom or mop did not work either.  Only for a few hours. Insect spray has NO effect on them... as they don't have much of a sense of smell.  It might help them get rid of insect parasites on their feathers!!

The only sure way to stop them is put up some netting to stop them getting to the roosting or nesting places.  Make sure the netting is stretched taught and is maintained over the months, so no holes or areas where the birds can get in or tangled up and die slowly of starvation.  

If you are in a condo.. you should be able to net over your balcony easily enough.. and its very cheap to do.  The good news is that once they find another place they are creatures of habit, and after a few months you can take down the netting and they should not come back.

If it's not your condo have a work with the owners or management and suggest the netting idea.  

Good luck.

Edited by jak2002003
  • Like 1

For my flying rat problem I bought a cheap airsoft pistol (CO2) that fires small plastic pellets ...not powerful enough to kill them.. but it sure did get their attention and they soon learnt not to stay around .

OP.  I actually keep pet pigeons (or rather the white racing pigeons / doves).

Once pigeons start nesting and roosting in one place it is very difficult to discourage them to move on!

Mine live in a coop most of the time, but are let out to fly each afternoon.  Some decided they liked to sit on the air con extractor units, and I did not want them pooping all over them.  A couple also liked to sit on the window ledge and poop down the walls.  Once one starts to use an area it will attract others to try the same place!!!

I tried pigeon spikes.  They did not work. The birds actually just sat on them (even through they appeared not too comfy lol).  The rubber snakes worked for the nesting mynah birds.. but the pigeons did not care about them and they liked to stand on them (soft on their feet).  Scaring them off with a broom or mop did not work either.  Only for a few hours. Insect spray has NO effect on them... as they don't have much of a sense of smell. 

Okay, maybe just removing their nest was enough to move them on and the spray was just a coincidence.

Pigeons are not a problem for me anymore but birds in general are a nuisance, bird crap in a few different places.

Today in Big C I saw “ anti bird gel “ , in a silicone type of tube, anyone any experience ?

39 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Okay, maybe just removing their nest was enough to move them on and the spray was just a coincidence.

Pigeons are not a problem for me anymore but birds in general are a nuisance, bird crap in a few different places.

Today in Big C I saw “ anti bird gel “ , in a silicone type of tube, anyone any experience ?

I've tried lube on a few birds, they all seem to like it

• Haha 1