May 17th, married at Minburi, my brief experience.

zhounan

I live in Bangkapi district. My Embassy suggested me to go to Bangrak for get married. My lady also, would like to go there, because of the name of the district. The result was: we lost two day. The first day we woke up at 5am, take a taxi and go to amphur bangrak, during the verification of documents it resulted that miss one: "The application for legalization" (Chaeng Wattana legalisation office didn't gave us). So with take I taxi and go to CW to take this form. Arrived the, the officer in the the legalization office said normally amphur don't need this document, and it was safely stored there between hundred thousands of other documents. We take it and plan to run to Bangrak again the day after. The second day we got up at 4 o'clock, go there and found 3 couple Farang-Thai waiting the open time. After twenty minutes a officer "maybe" decided that only 3 couple could get married. (the day before we get noticed that 3 couple already book the date, 8 couple /day, so the officer suggest us to get there as early as possible) (3 booked + 3 in queue, WHO get the TWO empty positions?), the result was we are rejected. I get angry 'till one officer there, after 10 minutes listening us arguing, said that is possibile to go to Minburi. So, we get a taxi directed to Minburi district (near Bangkapi where we live in). Arrived at Minburi amphur we found the paradise. No queue, no farangs, 8.30 open to 11.30 I saw no more than 5-6 Thai couple done some quick operations. 

So I can say: Minburi wins over Bangrak. 10vs.0. The document is Kor.2, the employees and the Chief Commissioner are ALL relaxed, We take one witness (my lady's dad) and an interpreter (my lady's colleague). At the end, I gave a 300 baht tip to the employee (I'm european, give tip is not customs, but I would give it because that Woman really do well her job, with a great mood).

My suggestions for who wants to get married is: contact first the amphur near to you, before wake up early and run to Bangrak only because the positive meaning of the name.

Good luck to you both. Some people on this forum have been married and divorced again and again and are bitter about their experience. Some others have been married and divorced several times and pragmatic about it.  You may as a couple do well and have a long lasting relationship. You may not. But irrespective of the ultimate outcome there will always be good and bad times in any relationship.

Getting married is one of the good times and may you have many more ????

To specify: Minburi district amphur didn't ask us "The application for legalization"  the document for which we had been rejected in Bangrak.

Insight: if you arrived in Bangrak and the officer reject you, quickly take a taxi and go to Minburi service center. 

4 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

But irrespective of the ultimate outcome there will always be good and bad times in any relationship.

I've been with my wife for nearly 19 years. Most of the time it's been Good, a few times it got Bad and on rare occasions downright Ugly. She is very reasonable, works hard and knows I only have a Fistful of Dollars but on occasion has asked for a Few Dollars More. We got married in Bangrak on 04/04/04. Still together...................... Good luck to the OP.

5 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

I've been with my wife for nearly 19 years. Most of the time it's been Good, a few times it got Bad and on rare occasions downright Ugly. She is very reasonable, works hard and knows I only have a Fistful of Dollars but on occasion has asked for a Few Dollars More. We got married in Bangrak on 04/04/04. Still together...................... Good luck to the OP.

and hence this is appropriate

https://youtu.be/CrmoRu5jcUY?t=64

Archived