All shook up: Brexit Party's Nigel Farage doused with milkshake on campaign

webfact

11 minutes ago, animalmagic said:

But the law dates from 20 years ago when Brown was Chancellor of the Exchequer; he didn't seem to think there was a problem during his years in power.  The law is simply inappropriate now due to the changes in social media, crowdfunding and electronic payments.

Looks like Brown has been wheeled out to spread suspicion.

Political parties have always been inventive on how they acquire funds and how they spend them.

Problem for Farage is his brexit party would have very little start up funds, and very little time to accumulate a war chest, election law is there to make elections more fairer, or supposed to anyway, by:

• Preventing parties and candidates spending money the do not have.
  • Capping the amount of money they spend on a campaigns.
  • Controlling where the money comes from.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Surprised his security didn't give the thrower a good kicking.

As for the Electoral Comission, no need to visit his offices as everyone has to submit funding accounts after the election. Sounds like the big boys are really running scared.

They are probably visiting his office to check that in receiving donations by bank transfer and card payments he has safeguards in place to ensure that the donations come via British banks, and people do not make multiple donations. 

That will not show up on his parties submitted election returns.

Edited by Basil B
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Whether you like him or hate him, there is no place for violence in politics, and that includes throwing food and drinks at politicians you disagree with. There's another word for using violent tactics to silence political opponents: fascism...

Because throwing a milkshake at someone is the direct equivalent of the Holocaust, isn't it?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, JonnyF said:

Pretty childish behaviour from the person who threw this.

First of all Remainers won't accept the result of the democratic vote, and now they resort to throwing milk at people who disagree with them. I thought the Remain side were supposed to be the sensible, intelligent, moderate people and the Brexiteers were the uncivilized, uncultured, racist bad guys? It would appear not.

It certainly seems that way. Beta soy attack from the soft left.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I wonder what your reaction would be if someone walked up to you on the street and threw milk over you? I'm sure you'd find it all very amusing, right?

It's childish and pretty offensive behaviour from someone who cannot accept they lost a democratic vote.

Well!! I'm with you on this JonnyF.  Simply pointing out the things that could happen when thugs get these violent thoughts in their little heads.

I have to say though, I think any eggs should be de-shelled before throwing. Eggshell in the eye could be life-changing.

And as a footnote; it has happened to me, but worse than a milkshake. A cat!!

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, vogie said:

Justifying assault is never a good thing, even if you don't agree with their opinion.

I did not justify a thing, any more than the poster I replied to justified the Holocaust.  Let the authorities deal with this matter as they will.

However I will not sit in silence when those howling in faux outrage blow a minor incident up out of all proportion.

Edited by baboon
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2