Thailand remains least miserable economy - Bloomberg

webfact

Thailand remains least miserable economy - Bloomberg

e3312f72759cff1e7416ebfe7bef367c.jpg

BANGKOK, 21st May 2019 (NNT) - United States news agency Bloomberg has again ranked Thailand as the least miserable country on its World’s Most Miserable Economy index.

Bloomberg has released its index where Thailand remains the least miserable economy with a score of 2.1.

Other less miserable counties, which are those with the lowest scores on this index, are Switzerland, Japan, Taiwan, Malaysia, Czech Republic, Hong Kong, Israel,and South Korea. Meanwhile, the country with the most miserable economy goes to Venezuela.

Bloomberg’s World’s Most Miserable Economy index is calculated based on the inflation and unemployment rates. The index released this year is based on forecasts by economists, while the last year scores are based on actual data.

nnt_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright nnt 2019-05-21

8 minutes ago, the guest said:

I tend to agree, Thailand and its people are mostly happy. Ignorance is bliss they say, and it's true. Rather that worrying about what's happening over the fence, why doesn't the west concentrate its efforts on sovereign matters. Thailand in most cases focuses on its own country, rather than being interested in others, good thing I say.

In the west, try finding some good news in the press, people are so brainwashed by the papers handing out negative news all-the-time it drives you crazy.

So sit back take a chill pill, and start being positive, like Thailand !

I agree 100%

35 minutes ago, the guest said:

I tend to agree, Thailand and its people are mostly happy.

That was actually Finland this year. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/duncanmadden/2019/03/28/ranked-the-10-happiest-countries-in-the-world-in-2019/#13cda05c48a5

https://worldhappiness.report/ed/2019/

Coming from there I doubt they added the extortionate income tax rates in their little calculations, though.

Edited by DrTuner

If Venezuela grossly under-reported its unemployment rate while at the same time over-valuing its national currency to prevent it from being affected by dwindling export figures, the country might be able to climb quite a few places.

Should read FALSE SMILES

A jekyll and hide nation. Smile at a face but the knife goes in the back!

Those who compile such dribble reports have obviously never lived in Thailand...

Thais are generally miserable and unhappy.

Only when money is in.their hands do they smile.

The land of frowns.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Hmmm....this is according to Bloomberg.  But whatever.  I doubt they included miserable farangs in their calculations, so many here may tend to disagree. 

So is this:

Thailand again claimed the title of the “least miserable” economy, though the government’s unique way of tallying unemployment makes it less noteworthy than Switzerland’s improvement to second-least and Singapore managing to stay in the bottom three. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-04-17/the-world-s-most-miserable-economy-has-seven-figure-inflation

"Unique" as in full of shit. Thais need to cut the crap if they ever want anybody to take them even a least bit seriously. 

• Like 2