Ex-PM Chuan to join the race for House speakership

rooster59

Ex-PM Chuan to join the race for House speakership

IMG_20190524_230505.jpg

The Democrat party has nominated former prime minister and party chief advisor Chuan Leekpai as its candidate in the race to become Speaker of the House today (Saturday).

Mr. Prin Panitchpakdi, an executive committee member, said on his Facebook page today that Mr. Leekpai’s candidacy was approved by the executive committee.

Chuan Leekpai will run against two other candidates, namely Mr. Sompong Amornvivat representing the Pheu Thai-led coalition of seven parties and Mr. Suchart Tancharoen of the Palang Pracharat party.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/ex-pm-chuan-to-join-the-race-for-house-speakership/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-05-25

1 hour ago, rebo said:

How much honesty can one expect from a man releasing this picture ...?

Surprisingly Chuan always appeared to be a decent and honest person, problem was he allowed himself to be surrounded by people who were not so inclined!

Old picture, he is 80 now, can he now be expected to carry out the duties required for this job? seems a big ask.

1 hour ago, Bipolar said:

I have lost all respect for the Democrats after they decided to join the pro-regime group. As far as I am concerned from what was documented in their election speeches that they would not support the pro regime to  their latest stance, all which are documented legally online and in various media.....I only recognize them as LIARS! and this is the image of the Democrats that all people should keep in their mind when reading , seeing or dealing with them.

Whatever they claim to do to help the country, whatvere they suggest...etc.....remember that these are liars! When the next election comes.....these group of liars should be totally be made extinct.

To be fair they have not decided which camp to join. In Parliament this morning, the PPRP tried to postpone the election of the Parliament speaker because they have not got the Dem and BJT on board. However I shared your disgust with the Dem for their past alliance with the military. I hope they realized their folly and betrayal of their supporters now but I have very little confidence with them not bowing to the Prayut coalition. 

Think the dead demo's, the happy smokers and the freedom fighters let the junta party form there dodgy government and them hound them into the ground at every opportunity, otherwise it is going to drag-on for ever without any clear cut resolution or any checks and balances against the dodgy trough feeders. 

Archived