friends and family compulsory visit registration

15 minutes ago, linno2 said:

Turns out we were required to bring her to the Immigration office (120km round trip) within 24 hours of arrival at our house to register that she was staying with us

In Jomtiem, I was able to register a friend staying with me without his presence. Needed his signed passport copies and a lot of my/ house details.

Anyone can download the TM 30 form and complete it. Then mail to immigration (Bangkok people send to CW same address as 90 day report.) Also house owner can register to do this online and with a little luck CW will approve online usage and supply a password and id to log in to the system.

2 hours ago, linno2 said:

Turns out we were required to bring her to the Immigration office (120km round trip) within 24 hours of arrival at our house to register that she was staying with us.

You didn't have to bring her, a signed copy of her passport would have been enough.

2 hours ago, linno2 said:

We/she were fined THB2,000 for not registering within 24 hours

You as the landlord / possessor were fined for not reporting a foreigner at your place, not she.

You can do the TM30 online (after you register for it, requiring a visit to the immigration office, not possible in all provinces), or you could do it by mail.

If outside of Bangkok can you not do it at the nearest Police Station (TM30)??

I may be wrong but I thought TM30 could be done at Police Station UNLESS you reside in Bangkok in which case its immigration at CW?

28 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

A TM30 report cannot be done at a police station unless there is no immigration office in the province where the report needs to be done.

Some police stations have done them but the problem is that immigration would not know it was done and would not even have to accept the receipt for one.

28 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

I may be wrong but I thought TM30 could be done at Police Station UNLESS you reside in Bangkok in which case its immigration at CW?

There are immigration offices in almost every province now and some have more than one.

Change Wattana is not the only office that can accept them.

Does this apply each visit?

My nephew and gf are coming from the UK in August. They will stay at our house a couple of nights then go to Krabi and back to our home for a couple of nights. Then up to chiangmai then back to our home for a night before flying back to the UK.

They and l must go to Chaengwattana each time and nothing can bve done in advance?

Couldn't they just put a hotel on the TM30 for the whole duration?

Thanks.

Apologies, it will be just once as they only have 1 tm30 form.

I got a tad confused.

Edited by james.d

11 minutes ago, james.d said:

Does this apply each visit?

My nephew and gf are coming from the UK in August. They will stay at our house a couple of nights then go to Krabi and back to our home for a couple of nights. Then up to chiangmai then back to our home for a night before flying back to the UK.

They and l must go to Chaengwattana each time and nothing can bve done in advance?

Couldn't they just put a hotel on the TM30 for the whole duration?

Thanks.

"They", as visitors, are not responsible for submitting the TM30. The hotel or, in your case house master/owner/renter is.

Yes, it is required for each visit.

Edited by Blue Muton
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

"They", as visitors, are not responsible for submitting the TM30. The hotel or, in your case house master/owner/renter is.

Yes, it is required for each visit.

Thank you.

Wow, 3 trips to Chaengwattana for their 16 or 17 days holiday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

I am led to believe that you can only go to a police station with a TM30 if there is not an immigration office in the province. I do stand to be corrected though.

Relatives have stayed with us and we never reported anything. They gave a hotel as their first night address ( which was true ) then I picked them up from the hotel and they came to our house for 4 nights before going on their travels.

When they left the country no questions were asked.

39 minutes ago, james.d said:

Thank you.

Wow, 3 trips to Chaengwattana for their 16 or 17 days holiday.

Sounds harsh, yes. It might be worth giving them a call to explain the situation, maybe they can suggest something, perhaps they'll let you send the last two by post?

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, linno2 said:

She was told that she was running the risk of being put in gaol for not registering.  I asked about our son coming to stay with us next month.  He does not have a Thai passport.  We were advised we would have to bring him to the Immigration office within 24 hours of his arrival or he would also run the risk of being gaoled according to Thai rules.

Thank you for the report.

I want to make sure i understand this correctly as it is the first time the consequences for not doing the TM30 involve jail time for the visitor !

Did they specifically warned you about visitors being Jailed for not reporting??? If true, then it puts everything on a completely different level, the damage will be enormous !

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, LongTang said:

I want to make sure i understand this correctly as it is the first time the consequences for not doing the TM30 involve jail time for the visitor !

Did they specifically warned you about visitors being Jailed for not reporting??? If true, then it puts everything on a completely different level, the damage will be enormous !

The officer was talking nonsense. There is no jail time for not doing a TM30 report. Only a max fine of 2000 baht for a individual.

From the immigration act of 1979.

"Section 77 : Whoever fails to comply with the provision of Section 38, shall be punished with a fine not
exceeding 2,000 Baht. If said person is a hotel manager, he shall be punished with a fine from 2,000 Baht
to 10,000 Baht."

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

A TM30 report cannot be done at a police station unless there is no immigration office in the province where the report needs to be done.

Some police stations have done them but the problem is that immigration would not know it was done and would not even have to accept the receipt for one.

There are immigration offices in almost every province now and some have more than one.

Change Wattana is not the only office that can accept them.

So far Sisaket immigration has been accepting the receipt from our local police station

11 hours ago, bigginhill said:

http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=faq

Number 2.

I thought the fine for the TM30 was 800 baht?

Is it possibile that the fine for your friend was confused with a late  90day reporting (2000baht)?

It's a maximum of 2,000 baht for private house owners and 10,000 baht for hoteliers.

The standard fine is set by the office and usually less than the maximum fine they could impose.

11 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I have family coming to stay and have no intention of taking them to immigration.

Why on Earth did you tell immigration about her?

The OP's friend wanted a 30 day extension.