Ambulance Services

swm59nj

Im planning on living in a condo in Onut. Im moving there, not for holiday. I will use Bumrungard Hospital for my medical needs.  A thought came to mind, what if Im living in Onnut and I needed an ambulance. So I just called Bumrungard for information. They said I would call them, and they would dispatch one of their ambulances to my location in Onnut. They said without much traffic 20 or 30 minutes to get there. Heavy traffic could take over 30 minutes. I know a twenty minute ride could take an hour or so if the traffic is bad.

So should I call them or 1669? If Im having a serious medical issue, Im concerned about the time. I realize its a big city, and Im familiar with the bad traffic. But Im guessing there is no other choice except find a place to live closer to the hospital. I guess the ambulances are dispatched from the individual hospitals? Im going to be 64 years old and not getting any younger LOL.

A call to the general emergency number 1669 may result in your having no control over where you are brought.

You may be reached first by one of the many private "emergency" services some of which take kick backs from substandard small private hospitals for bringing patients there, and which also have poorly or completely untrained staff who do not know how to safely move or handle injured ir ill people.

Your best recourse is:

1. If possible get a taxi and go dircet tot he hospital of your choice, this is much quicker than summoning an ambulance. Only if you are in a condition where you cannot be moved safely should you call an ambulance.

2. If you much call an ambulance call one at the hospital of your choosing.

From On Nut,  Samitivej Hospital is closer than Bumrungrad.

20 or 30 minutes from Bumrungrad to Onnut is a blatant lie.

Unfortunately,  there is no good hospital near Onnut. That's one of the disadvantages of living at Onnut. 

Samitivej is deep in the sois. If you ever had the pleasure of being stuck in the usual traffic around there when suffering from kidney stones you will think about it again.

Sukhumvit Hospital can easily be reached but it is not in the same league.