Tyres squeal & specification

Hi All, just bought two Apollo Aspire 4g Tyres 235*35*19, fitted to the front wheels specification on the web site states load 91 speed rating y made in India. These are noisy under braking and cornering where the tyers  other make removed were not. Having checked the tyre wall the spec is load 91 speed rating w, made in Thailand not India specification.  These have been fitted to my Audi TT. Is it safe to carry on using these and any other advise please.

Thank you.

Tom

Different tyre manufacturers use different compound recipes for tyres. This can affect characteristics of tyres. Also, tread patterns can play a large part in the noise of tyres. The tread blocks can deform under braking, cornering and accelerating which can have different effects.

Noise does not necessarily lack of grip. I would be testing them in the wet in a controlled area before I used the tyres in anger. I do that with any new brand of tyre I buy that I have not had experience with.

Why did you decide on these tyres?

Also, are these tyres directional? If so, check they have been installed the correct way.

31 minutes ago, tomtaylor1 said:

These are noisy under braking and cornering where the tiers  other make removed were not. Having checked the tyre wall the spec is load 91 speed rating w, made in Thailand not India specification.

'W' & 'Y' tyres are top rated tyres for speed 'Y' rated being the highest for road vehicles.

My Bridgestones squeal when low on psi.

13 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I have to admit I never heard before about "Apollo Aspire". Is that a new brand I should have heard about? Or something exotic which always existed but is not well known?

Personally if I would own a Audi TT I would buy brand name tires...

https://www.auditirecenter.com/

Just another tyre make and mixed reviews by drivers, some that know how to drive and some who think they know how to drive. ????

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Apollo/Aspire-4G.htm

27 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Just another tyre make and mixed reviews by drivers, some that know how to drive and some who think they know how to drive. ????

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Apollo/Aspire-4G.htm

If you would own an expensive high performance car, would you buy "just another tyre make"? Tires are one of the most important parts on the car, especially in emergency situations. Top quality would be my only consideration. If money is an issue then the TT is obviously an overall too expensive for this owner.

Hi I  bought The Apollo Aspire 4g, because it had very good reviews, and being a high performance summer tyre, with a y speed rating, did a lot of research first.

Would have preferred Hankook but none available in my size and these were recommended as an alternative.

Tom

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

If you would own an expensive high performance car, would you buy "just another tyre make"? Tires are one of the most important parts on the car, especially in emergency situations. Top quality would be my only consideration. If money is an issue then the TT is obviously an overall too expensive for this owner.

Yes I would I'm not a tyre snob and what is top quality when it's at home.

Apollo Tyres extended its product range in Europe at the Geneva motor show in 2013.

Apollo Tyres currently sells Apollo and Vredestein branded tyres in Europe for SUV's and vans.

The Indian company currently the 7th tyre producer in the world and operates two tyre factories in the Netherlands and Hungary.

Also, the Apollo Aspire 4G is sold under the Vredestein brand in certain European markets. Looking at the pattern of the tire, it seems to be a Vredestein design...

Hi Every one, thank you for your input, The tyre made in India has a speed rating of Y, the Thailand made one has a speed rating of W, although not much in it I think 6 KMPH, does it make it a tyre of less quality.

Thank you.

Tom

On 5/27/2019 at 1:08 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Dude.

The Audi TT is basically the same car as a VW Beetle or VW Golf.

With different clothes on.

Yes there are hot versions sold in Europe, but most over here are bottom to mid rung of the ladder versions, ie no need for track day tyres...

2 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

Dude.

The Audi TT is basically the same car as a VW Beetle or VW Golf.

With different clothes on.

Yes there are hot versions sold in Europe, but most over here are bottom to mid rung of the ladder versions, ie no need for track day tyres...

I had something like this in my mind:

ABT-Sportsline-Audi-TT-2.jpg

Archived