Incorrect Passport Stamp

On a recent trip to Uk via Thailand for 10 days --I noticed when I was waiting in the baggage hall that my passport had only been stamped for 14 days--and not the 30 ---- did not bother about it as I was covered--but what would happen if I did not spot it and stayed my usual 4 weeks --when I got to check in to leave-- a problem ? or just a bit of paperwork at immigration ?--checked it again on my return trip for 12 days  ---30 days ????

Thanks Richard--I will keeping a keen eye in the future--do you know if it could it be corrected at another Immigration office ? or only at the airport ?

10 hours ago, Bucko said:

Thanks Richard--I will keeping a keen eye in the future--do you know if it could it be corrected at another Immigration office ? or only at the airport ?

I'm not sure...  I would have thought that any Immigration Office could correct the mistake. However, as difficult as simple things can be here I imagine the the issuing office, in this case Immigration at the airport are the only ones who can correct the mistake. 

• Confused 1

On 5/28/2019 at 5:47 AM, Bucko said:

On 5/28/2019 at 4:40 PM, richard_smith237 said:

I'm not sure...  I would have thought that any Immigration Office could correct the mistake. However, as difficult as simple things can be here I imagine the the issuing office, in this case Immigration at the airport are the only ones who can correct the mistake. 

No need for a special trip back to BKK since local immigration offices can rectify stamping errors of this nature. See following thread for confirmation:-