Land border re-entry

With a non-immigrant 'O' visa and a re-entry permit does the re-entry have to be via an airport or is a land border permissible? I seem to recall some mention a long time ago that such a re-entry has to be through an airport.

I was thinking of driving into Myanmar for a short break but do not want to jeopardise my visa

I was thinking of driving into Myanmar for a short break but do not want to jeopardise my visa

you will need advance permission, a guide and all docs to drive into Burma, very costly,

leave ur car at the border,

cross over, cross back.  zero problems

22 hours ago, clifric said:

A visit to Myanmar by land is possible, but you will not (in practice) be able to drive yourself in the country. Unless the rules have changed, you need special permission from the relevant government department, and permission is generally given only to Myanmar residents.

A brief flavour of Myanmar can be achieved easily, and combined with a border hop for a new entry on a Non O at Maesot/Myawaddy. You can drive to Maesot, walk across the bridge there, and get a border pass allowing you to stay a few days in Myawaddy. It is not that interesting, but there are a few minor sights, and it means you can say you have been there. The area around Maesot on the Thai side is well worth spending some time.

To spend more time in Myanmar, you need a visa. I would suggest you plan to enter via Yangon airport (in which case you can use an evisa) and rent a car with driver if that is the way you want to travel. You could still arrange to return to Thailand by land at Maesot if you want. Expect travelling around in Myanmar to cost a fair bit..