Central Rama 9

MZsolt

Hello,

need a bit information - how is to stay arround Central Rama 2 (without car)? Yesterday I been there but had not luck with rain, so was not able to walk arround but took on consideration to move arround there.

What I prefer:

- close to MRT (and close to Fitness First too 55)

- a kind of busy busy place with people, and prefer more local people

- many places to eat, to spend time if at evening time will go out (I like if many places to drink coffee, have a dinner, etc. between walking distance)

- and actually love modern places too mostly if arround still can find street foods, etc. too

Another option it was arround BTS Asoke, I know that area very well but to many turistsand less locals, so that not to much ok for me.

Thanks in advice if can get some ideas about living arround Rama 9

you should probably edit your first sentence, change the 2 to 9. and i'm confused by the 55 after fitness first.  is that a 555 or some reference to a soi 55 ?

i'd say living near rama 9 MRT is not much different than living near asoke/sukhumvit MRT.  as you note, fewer tourist around rama 9.  but i'd say the traffic on rama 9 is worse than sukhumvit (and that is saying something !!!).  try taking a stroll down rama 9.  it isn't enjoyable, strolls on sukhumvit aren't great but better than rama 9.  you should be fine living there, everything available with fortune town and central plaza plus MRT to take you to benchakiti park if you need some green space. 

The Tops in R9 is crazy expensive. There are lots of flats on soi 3?? Lots of food and people about but it's noisy. The condos in the area not so great. Belle is ok $$$, full of Chinese. A few others up Ratchada poor construction. There's another branded condo down R9 I forget the brand. About 12k to start.

It should be ok but I've not found it appealing area.

I'd go up 1-3 stops

Avoid the long narrow sois, as stated above, not enjoyable for long walks... An extra 200 meters can make a big difference.  I am 130m from the main road, and that is more than far enough. 

5 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

pheasants-844x370.jpg

Glad someone shares my sense of humour.

Some decent clothing sales on the ground floor of the Mall Rama 9.....oh and there is an excellent burger restaurant a short walk away.

Sixth floor car park for the smokers and the Food Republic has good krapow.

Archived