Cli Error Ati Card

sensei

I've been getting this error message on my new 64-bit computer that's running an ATI Radeon Xpress 1100 video card with 256 mb memory. This message commonly pops up and freezes the screen when I am playing a game that requires just a bit of graphics acceleration - NBA Live 07.

Here it is...

errorye0.png

I have already reinstalled the driver but the message is still popping up. My computer is using AMD Turion 64 mobile Technology and it has 512 Mb of RAM.

Any idea what's going on here?

Edited by sensei

I've been getting this error message on my new 64-bit computer that's running an ATI Radeon Xpress 1100 video card with 256 mb memory. This message commonly pops up and freezes the screen when I am playing a game that requires just a bit of graphics acceleration - NBA Live 07.

Here it is...

errorye0.png

I have already reinstalled the driver but the message is still popping up. My computer is using AMD Turion 64 mobile Technology and it has 512 Mb of RAM.

go to the MS download site and download and install .NET Framework 2 you can search in google for a direct download link.

Edited by gharknes

Searched the web, and this seams to be a conmen problem, I don't have time myself to find the answer (sorry) but I'm sure if you do a goggle on it you will, all the best :D

I've the same thing, but I didn't get anything that solved the problem.

Thanks anyhow, I'll google some some....

and gharkness, I'll try what your suggestion...

I hope this solves the problem....

:o at wit's end...

Edited by sensei

Searched the web, and this seams to be a conmen problem, I don't have time myself to find the answer (sorry) but I'm sure if you do a goggle on it you will, all the best :D

I've the same thing, but I didn't get anything that solved the problem.

Thanks anyhow, I'll google some some....

and gharkness, I'll try what your suggestion...

I hope this solves the problem....

:D at wit's end...

it will :o

I have a computer with a X1600 Pro graphic card. I used to get the same type of problem. Cli.exe is the Catalyst Control Center (CCC) Client. It is very slow, buggy and is a resource hog. You don't need it. Only the display driver is required for your computer. Uninstall Catalyst.

If you use XP, download and install the display driver only. Use ATI Tray Tool instead (small freeware) if you want to change your settings or to overclock your card.

If you use Vista, choose custom installation and install the display driver only without Catalyst.

Hope it helps. PM me if you need more help

Stef

Here it is...

errorye0.png

GHARKNESS:

I tried removing ATI on startup but it made matters worse.

I installed it again, and walaaa... the troublesome error window came back with it.

I followed what gharkenes said, but instead of installing .NET framework 2, which I already have,

I downloaded and installed 1.1...

You nailed it gharkness! Right on the head!

The error window is now history.

Thanks!

STEF:

Thanks for the input. Yeah, I agree with you. nVidia graphic cards are a lot better

and less troublesome...

When I removed ATI from startup, I experienced problems in downloading files...

I reinstalled everything back together with .NET 1.1 and everything is back to normal...

If anything goes wrong again, I'll send you a PM.

Thanks!