Taxi driver returns Bt360,000 in cash to Swiss businessman

snoop1130

Must be the air here !! I have never seen or heard of any country in the world where people carry around and leave in a taxi large sums of money so often ???? 

Thailand wants to be number 1 at everything it seems !!

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

A taxi driver from Si Sa Ket on Tuesday returned a handbag containing some Bt360,000 in banknotes to a Swiss businessman at a ceremony held at FM91 radio station in Bangkok.

and here we go again !!!! quite sometime they didn't post anything like that.... sure we believe and so the Pope is catholic

5 hours ago, ronaldo0 said:

Must be the air here !! I have never seen or heard of any country in the world where people carry around and leave in a taxi large sums of money so often ???? 

Thailand wants to be number 1 at everything it seems !!

Just because you don't see the reports doesn't mean that it only happens in Thailand. There's numerous reports of the same thing happening in China, UK, Australia, US, Germany, to name a few.

5 hours ago, Just Weird said:

That's his business, he doesn't have to explain it, certainly not to a Thaivisa poster.

I never said he had to explain it to anybody.  But in many countries even carrying around xx amount of cash is legal cause for questioning.  And in Thailand where working illegally, doing business illegally, etc. if I were a Thai official I would inquire

15 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Just because you don't see the reports doesn't mean that it only happens in Thailand. There's numerous reports of the same thing happening in China, UK, Australia, US, Germany, to name a few.

Like Bigfoot ??

14 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

I never said he had to explain it to anybody.  But in many countries even carrying around xx amount of cash is legal cause for questioning.  And in Thailand where working illegally, doing business illegally, etc. if I were a Thai official I would inquire

"I never said he had to explain it to anybody".

Not directly, but your implication meant nothing else than should as does your last sentence in this comment otherwise why ask the questions?

9 hours ago, Just Weird said:

"I never said he had to explain it to anybody".

Not directly, but your implication meant nothing else than should as does your last sentence in this comment otherwise why ask the questions?

Boy, you need to take a class in the meaning of the English language and stop making assumptions.  Drawing conclusions without substantiation.  tsk tsk.  Some lawyers would love you on their jury at a trial

14 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

He wasn't carrying a load of cash.  He didn't leave it in a taxi.  The driver didn't run to the radio station, and return it..

It's a publicity stunt that comes around every 2 weeks to show the honesty of thai people..And some people believe it.

3 hours ago, yodsak said:

He wasn't carrying a load of cash.  He didn't leave it in a taxi.  The driver didn't run to the radio station, and return it..

It's a publicity stunt that comes around every 2 weeks to show the honesty of thai people..And some people believe it.

agree with your comment..... my friend (from Italy) last week was visiting Surat Thani and near the pier was approached by a couple of young people asking him to agree to a couple photos with a taxi driver and if he would agree to hold a bag while doing so.... nobody told him what the bag contained he was suspicious of the request and walked away, I do think they prepare this type of stunts to create some type of publicity

Archived