deathbed vision

soalbundy

My wife's father (78) became very weak and couldn't walk, this has been building up for some time, he also had an ulcer on his shoulder. He was in hospital for 4 days, mostly asleep, where his ulcer was attended to. During this time my wife was at his bedside with her mother. On the third day he started talking to his village friend in his sleep, "Well wait for me then, it won't be long and I will join you and we can go together" etc. When my wife got home in the evening she went to his friends house to ask him to visit her father but was told he had died two days earlier.

• Like 2

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

So there is a heaven then, that's a relief

I doubt it is the Abrahamic version but such things have been reported before, this is the first time that I have had such personal knowledge of this happening.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, faraday said:

Yes, I've heard of this sort of event before; of a person dieing being visited by someone already dead, but that being unknown.

I had a very strange dream when my Mum was alive.

I was living here, & would speak with her every couple of weeks, she was in quite good health.

One night, I dreamt of my grandmother & father (deceased) standing together in heaven & inviting my mother to join them.

She had a stroke that night & died a few months later, exactly 3 years after my father.

Look up Dr Penny Sartori. She has written a couple of books on NDE's etc. A level headed woman, I knew her quite well.

Not to forget Peter Fenwick.

• Like 1

Ive never really read too much into this, but some time ago - a couple of decades - i dreamt about my deceased grandmother who told me "you must stop smoking pot".

It stands out because it was the most vivid dream ive ever had - still remember every detail - and i woke up crying. 

I never gave up till a few months ago. 

like i said - i dont see too much to get excited about but i do still think about that dream.

• Like 1

Wow thats an amazing story;

1270536928_ScreenShot2019-05-30at14_52_19.png.f981b6609084c5fafbc0fbef66233ac6.png

In 1964 James Randi was offering one thousand dollars to anybody that could demonstrate supernatural or paranormal  activity under scientific testing criteria. . It was later increased in 1996 to one million dollars.

Thousands applied but very surprisingly non were successful.   The challenge was terminated in 2015.  

So that's no scientific proof for paranormal activity. 

Penny Satori 968645692_ScreenShot2019-05-30at15_15_45.png.dce2c2eae60f098f181c01e2f51caa71.png

As for Peter Fenwick.

568394978_ScreenShot2019-05-30at15_13_01.png.6e9afa454d35f764dc94c060355d219d.png

14 minutes ago, yodsak said:

Spoilsport! ????

Off course the "scientific community" is beyond reproach, least they like to think they are :wink:

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, yodsak said:

Wow thats an amazing story;

1270536928_ScreenShot2019-05-30at14_52_19.png.f981b6609084c5fafbc0fbef66233ac6.png

In 1964 James Randi was offering one thousand dollars to anybody that could demonstrate supernatural or paranormal  activity under scientific testing criteria. . It was later increased in 1996 to one million dollars.

Thousands applied but very surprisingly non were successful.   The challenge was terminated in 2015.  

Penny Satori 968645692_ScreenShot2019-05-30at15_15_45.png.dce2c2eae60f098f181c01e2f51caa71.png

As for Peter Fenwick.

568394978_ScreenShot2019-05-30at15_13_01.png.6e9afa454d35f764dc94c060355d219d.png

The Mathematician Sir Roger Penrose "The quantum nature of Consciousness" does the same as Does the cognitive scientist and physicist Donald Hoffman 'Reality is a user interface' and MD Stuart Hammeroff professor of Anesthesiology and psychology,"quantum consciousness, microtubules", There are many more who could be added to form a list.

52 minutes ago, sanemax said:

He may have known that his elderly friend didnt have long left either and he also realised that he didnt have long left either .

If he was in a coma , he may have heard about his friend dying or someone may have directly told him , maybe he could still hear and understand what people were saying , even though he seemed to be unconscious .

Maybe you Wife was sat with him and another visitor arrived and informed her "So and so had died" and he understood what was said .

Could be numerous explanations 

Nobody in the hospital was aware his friend had died, my wife and her mother were surprised by the news. He is now out of hospital, had to be carried like a baby out of the car and is wearing adult nappies, he still doesn't know as nobody has told him the news in case it upsets him, I personally don't give him more than a week, he isn't really 'present'

Just now, Lacessit said:

Now now. Science is based on observation and evidence. To affirm something in science requires peer review and repeatability.

As you type away on your whatever and send it across the world, bear in mind what you are doing is based on what science has done for everyone. Also bear in mind to someone from the Dark Ages, you would appear to be a wizard/warlock who should be burned at the stake for sorcery.

A bit of gratitude, OK?

Nobody in their right minds would look down on science or deny that it has enriched our lives. Having said that the scientist Donald Hoffman likens our lives and experiences to the symbol on your computer screen denoting your emails, you can see the symbol but not the truth behind it, your emails, unless you double click the symbol, you can't double click life. That, he says, isn't needed, we have only been given the faculties we need for the body to survive.

Just now, AlexRich said:

Before my Grandmother died she told my mother that she had seen her, now deceased, sister at the bottom of her bed, on more than one occasion. Imagination perhaps?

I don't think so, at the very least it was real to her. There have been instances where in hospices, some nurses have shared these visions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I don't think so, at the very least it was real to her. There have been instances where in hospices, some nurses have shared these visions.

If I ever see one of my dead relatives at the end of my bed I'm going to tell them to <deleted> off!!!

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

To affirm something in science requires peer review and repeatability.

Unfortunately herein lies a lot of the problems with "science" reluctance to change and accept new ideas, if they upset the wrong "peers" their guaranteed pay-check quickly disappears. :wink:

• Sad 1

Just now, CGW said:

Unfortunately herein lies a lot of the problems with "science" reluctance to change and accept new ideas, if they upset the wrong "peers" their guaranteed pay-check quickly disappears. :wink:

That used to be the case but things are changing, even eminent scientists are questioning the validity of the reality that we perceive, even whether the universe and us exist at all. Much of these changes have come about with the acceptance of quantum physics which shows there is no such thing as material, just energy. The cognitive scientist Donald Hoffman is turning things up side down by showing (at least writing down formulas explaining consciousness) by saying that the basis for all existence is consciousness not material, so the input must come from outside.

• Like 2

One key to Life or Death in depth is to live with years long experiences while dying in the process to achieve death in grace.
Everything expires daily when you sees it and aware of this. The most significant experience that one have to uphold, is to continue his practical act and thinking something that comfort them before it ended.

I am in my 40's, seen absolutely more death in front of my eyes than any common layman in my life basis on my experience. From traffic accident to maritime accident to career related sudden death. Assisting ceremonial for digging up death body in the coffin of 13 years skeleton from the grave which is also my personal relative kin.

The thing that I observed and recorded down for years is that. At the last 3 to 5 years before a person died due to illness or natural death. Their mind change in a way whereby they became restricted to think further. They became defensive to what they strongly or extremely believed included of how they ran their daily routine and daily thoughts.

Some smile at life as they are thankful while some still wanted to pursue their unsettled regrets which they are not able to achieved while they are young.
So, if one got bedridden and still positively looking at how life goes on. Within 3 - 6 months, they have 70% of recovery or can sustain up to another 8 years.
And, if one got bedridden and fills with negate emotion towards life. Usually if they can't recover at least sit up or stand up after 6 months they will still trying very hard for recovery. Not only that, at some point they themselves do unacceptable things to themselves (E.g. looking for witchcraft for healing, looking for patriarch faith for healing, crying over old foul regrets moment, hitting & shouting to the people closes to them who help bath them or fed them through the invasive tube as they can't swallow and cursing for a few years every night due to bedridden frustration). 

Train your mind to think positive or think where you wanna to go for. And you shall be on your way. The chances is 50/50 because when a person got a stroke or brain been affected. They can't really control what are they thinking. If they are filled with negate throughout their lifestyle, that will likely be what they've became when they are bedridden with mental partially disabled. If they are filled with a common sense and joy experiencing life, usually they will go without much struggles.

Edited by TTL2
edit lost in translation
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

That used to be the case but things are changing,

I agree things are changing - slowly - one of the problems being is that the folks doing the reviewing have been stating their reasoning for a long time and like most of us humans don't like to admit they were wrong.

5 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

because they haven't resurrected anyone from the dead yet nobody really knows 100% what's over the fence so to speak, it would be interesting if there's another reality...

Do you think they may have a golf course ... an easy one ...

• Haha 1

Many people (including me) have or have had strange, weird or supernatural experiences. The experiences are real. The question is: What is their source?

When you look at the history of physics & cosmology over the last 100+ years, you would have to say that the more we learn about the cosmos, the weirder it gets. There is also evidence that 'consciousness' (difficult to define) survives brain death by at least a few minutes, possibly longer. Which it's not supposed to do.

Conclusion: It is rational to maintain an open mind on these matters. Our ignorance still vastly exceeds what we think of as 'knowledge'.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

Many people (including me) have or have had strange, weird or supernatural experiences. The experiences are real. The question is: What is their source?

When you look at the history of physics & cosmology over the last 100+ years, you would have to say that the more we learn about the cosmos, the weirder it gets. There is also evidence that 'consciousness' (difficult to define) survives brain death by at least a few minutes, possibly longer. Which it's not supposed to do.

Conclusion: It is rational to maintain an open mind on these matters. Our ignorance still vastly exceeds what we think of as 'knowledge'.

I often wonder what through the minds of people that had been Guillotined, that was a clinical machine, there is no way that death was instantaneous, the brain had oxygen and can survive for a little while after the supply has been cut, scary thought eh ????

There have been many recorded inexplicable events related  to near death experience and other  "paranormal" events which defy explanation scientific or other.

In the  accepted  terms of  "scientific" proof  which most would  accept is multiple repetitions of a set event.

Obviously  not  a  viable criteria in the  circumstance of a death.

Would there be any  volunteers  for a  "near" death  experience  repeated  many times under scientifically  measured condition?

Yet  at the same time there are some mathematical theories related  to real time existence and  time "warping" .

The apparent singular fact is  that  the universe  exists  in......nowhere.

A concept  that basically has to be  accepted and preference given to that which scientifically is measurable despite  a significant percentage of even that such as a distant  sun known to have ceased to exist but  due to the distance away of  what we  continue to observe as light  from that sun that is no more would  give a lie to that!

More pertinent to the question of near death  experience is the  question of "life".

Modern  medical science and technology  can  keep a  living organism  alive almost  indefinately without any presence of " consciousness" . Such a situation  can and does  occur when there is absolutely  no medical evidence to  show why it is deemed necessary.

Add to that the legend (which I do not  know is  scientifically  verified) is that at the moment of true death the human body loses a certain amount of  body weight that can not be  explained  by  loss of  bodily fluids  or  other  matter.

That would suggest there is  some inexplicable possibility  that life energy is separable from the physical and therefore could combine/connected with another perhaps momentarily in the ether of total "life".

There is  nothing  more  preposterous in that than there is in the  apparent reality of the fact that all that exists is in.....  nowhere.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I often wonder what through the minds of people that had been Guillotined, that was a clinical machine, there is no way that death was instantaneous, the brain had oxygen and can survive for a little while after the supply has been cut, scary thought eh ????

I have  read that observers of some of those  guillotined  mouthed  abuses  at the  crowds.