Motorcycle registration

Djw6

I bought a new Honda CBR from a shop in Minburi, BKK. I gave them My passport, title of property, Thai motorcycle license, two green books from ownership of other motorcycles and work permit, (all the same address), but the transport office would not accept these documents. They need a letter from the Australian embassy stating my address, but catch 22 - the embassy doesn't issue letters of address conformation any more. As the bike is under higher purchase (which I'm not going to pay for, if I can't own it) I exposed of it. Obviously, Australians are outlawed from owning vehicles.

2 hours ago, Djw6 said:

I've got a residence certificate from immigration, but they wont accept that. It has to be from the Australian embassy, which they don't issue.

Where are you living? In Bangkok?

Who told you that they won't accept the certificate of residence? Have you personally been at the DLT or did the agent which the shops uses tell you this?

If they really told you this at the DLT then ask to speak with their supervisor

Edited by jackdd

On 6/1/2019 at 8:40 PM, jackdd said:

Where are you living? In Bangkok?

Who told you that they won't accept the certificate of residence? Have you personally been at the DLT or did the agent which the shops uses tell you this?

If they really told you this at the DLT then ask to speak with their supervisor

I'm living near Hua hin. The DLT said they wouldn't accept it. I don't know why, but it doesn't matter now, as the bike was on loan and I took it to a Honda shop and left it out the front, as I'm not paying off a bike that I can't own. I just want to forget about this.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Djw6 said:

...it doesn't matter now, as the bike was on loan and I took it to a Honda shop and left it out the front, as I'm not paying off a bike that I can't own.

That's the way to do it. That "owning up to responsibility thing" is far too overrated........I guess. I've always obeyed that silly obligation I feel to take responsibility for my actions, and I really envy you people who can just say, f--- it! I would probably have been foolish enough to listen to and act on the advise people gave here instead of executing a quick and easy solution like you did. Problem solved!! ????  

• Haha 2