New passport and transfer of permit

I recently applied for a new British passport at the Trendy building in Bangkok. The whole process was straight forward and I received noitice that my new passport was ready to be picked up 13 days later.

I was asked if I had any visas or extension of stays in my old passport and as I answered yes was given an official form to fill in requesting the transfer of such into my new passport to hand to Immigration.

Yesterday I went to Udon Thani Immigration  and had my retirement extension and multi entry permit transfered into my new passport. The charge for this at Udon is 500 baht. It was straight forward and I am glad I did it in country as opposed to getting my passport renewed in the UK.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

There has never been any charge here in Bangkok unless it is new.

Udon charge 500 baht for many things that are supposed to be free. The proof of residencey letter is also 500 baht.

Edited by mlkik
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, mlkik said:

No I did not fall for that scam. Udon Immigration charge a fee of 500 baht. This fee includes them doing all the photo copies and filling the forms out.

I knew other places do it for free but my local Immigration at Udon do not. I am not going to create a fuss over a few baht.

So as it is officially 500  B you must have received a receipt or it went in the < Local Office fund> ?

Just curious !

1 hour ago, cnx355 said:

So as it is officially 500  B you must have received a receipt or it went in the < Local Office fund> ?

Just curious !

Did you not read the above post?

10 hours ago, mikecha said:

allways complaining the cheap charley brigade 

500 baht no hassel in out job done  never complain about 500 

The female Immigration officer was very friendly and asked me why I had never done any 90 day reporting and I explained that I travelled back to the UK often as my Father was very unwell. She let me know my next reporting date and asked if I were travelling again and I replied yes and told her the date and she said that I would not have to report but to start the count again when I return.

She wished me good luck and waiyed me.

The Udon office are very friendly and helpfull,the new head of Immigration there who is a young chap seems to be running things well.

I could have argued about the fact that other places it is free but I have enough common sense to realise if I did when I next visit Udon Immigration I would be remembered as the farang who caused a fuss and would be treated less favourably.

I am sure they would have pointed out that I needed to complete tge form myself and provide all the photocopies myself.

It might be wrong in principle but it is what it is.Take it or leave it! 

A little while back ,2017, I renewed my UK passport from France, online. I came to Thailand and left twice before my extension expired, simply presenting my old and new passports at Suvarnabhumi, the old one having my extension stamp and the entry permit. The IOs simply stamped my new passport taking the date from my old one. Airlines didn't fuss either. On next extension application at my not so local IO ( which is why I hadn't gone there especially for the transfer before then) they transferred everything including the original visa details as well as last extension to my new passport. There was a cost, can't remember how much but not so much as to make me think anything untoward was going on,more I think than OP.