New immigration office in Hua Hin

Do you know by chance how 'elderly' do you have to be to use the 'special counter' . Every time I go to immigration here it's all 'elderly' people. Glad they helped you out and things went well and I hope your plight may have helped others down the road. That's me in a couple of months so thanks for the info. 

Well a 3rd floor office with no access for the disabled is ridiculous.

Who exactly picks these locations?

Apparently the Petchaburi office is moving to Khao Yoi which makes absolutely no sense since Chaam constitutes the bulk of the foreigners with some in Petchaburi city.

Tha Yang served both. A little far from Chaam but not bad.

Moving the office to the extreme north of the province will mean a 3 hour round trip for a lot of people.

It will be closer to Hua Hin's office so I guess I will do things like 90 days there.

Never used the online reporting, how does that work now.

Also another thread said you could do reporting after leaving the country (which Petchaburi now requires)with an app now.

Haven't read the whole thing but, hilariously, when I clicked on the link to Google Play Store it said "not available in your country."

Well a 3rd floor office with no access for the disabled is ridiculous.
Who exactly picks these locations?
Apparently the Petchaburi office is moving to Khao Yoi which makes absolutely no sense since Chaam constitutes the bulk of the foreigners with some in Petchaburi city.
Tha Yang served both. A little far from Chaam but not bad.
Moving the office to the extreme north of the province will mean a 3 hour round trip for a lot of people.
It will be closer to Hua Hin's office so I guess I will do things like 90 days there.
Never used the online reporting, how does that work now.
Also another thread said you could do reporting after leaving the country (which Petchaburi now requires)with an app now.
Haven't read the whole thing but, hilariously, when I clicked on the link to Google Play Store it said "not available in your country."

I suspect that your Google account was set up in your home country and that is why you cannot get the app. If you change your settings you might have more success.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Aquaman2016 said:

As far as i know you have to report in the province you live in?

Whilst agreeing with some of the op’s posting to say it’s in an unheard of part of town is far from the truth. A great many expats live in the area and there are possibly more new developments in the area than any other part of town. 

As to finding it it is very easy but then I live in that area and I’m sure I might have difficulties finding a place in his locality that to him is easy. 

But yes very efficient there apart from the 3rd floor location. 

2 hours ago, JimHuaHin said:

Thank you for your story - a mixture of outrage and comedy (sorry).

I agree with your concerns of having to travel up to the 3rd floor, but no elevator insight.

There are many elderly people who have to go to Hua Hin immigration, and over the years I have seen several in wheelchairs or with walking aids at the previous Hua Hin immigration Hua Hin.

When I first visited the new building, just before it opened, I walked around looking for the elevator - no success.

This is yet another example of poor planning, and dare I say discrimination against the physically challenged in Thailand - just look at the most BTS and MRT stations in Bangkok.

Planning????????

46 minutes ago, nicknick28uk said:

Just a question but why didn't you go to the hua hin immigration office in Blueport? It's on the ground floor. Never busy and the service is so fast. Recently did an extension there in under 10 minutes. 

But not a Retirement or Marriage Extension?

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, gamini said:

When the police had helped me to the bottom again the immigration officer in charge was taking photos of the whole procedure. No doubt to forward to her superiors to point out this ridiculous situation and demand something should be done . . . 

I would suggest that there is a LOT of doubt that those photos were going to be used for any such thing.

• Like 1

I am assuming you were going to do a ninety day report or similar, at your age and condition, you should not have to do this, you have probably been here for many years.

It just shows again how heartless the Thai government and their immigration really are.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I am assuming you were going to do a ninety day report or similar, at your age and condition, you should not have to do this, you have probably been here for many years.

It just shows again how heartless the Thai government and their immigration really are.

On line or by post is available  lol

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, madmen said:

On line or by post is available  lol

Really? I don't think many people at 88 years old are going to be all that computer literate.

Besides, not all IOs accept postal reports although most do.

7 hours ago, nicknick28uk said:

Just a question but why didn't you go to the hua hin immigration office in Blueport? It's on the ground floor. Never busy and the service is so fast. Recently did an extension there in under 10 minutes. 

You can't do long stay extensions at Blueport. I'm assuming you're here on a tourist visa, which can be done there.