Good Hairstylist+piercing Place

RoyalOrchid

Hello,

I live in Bangkok, but haven't yet found a good hairdresser for my foreign hair :D . I went to one hairdresser about a month ago, and although he did an okey job on highlights he was very nervious and not confident while doing my cut. Basically he didn't do much, as he was too worried not to ruin anything. Can anyone recommend a good and confident hairstylist, that is familiar with foreign hair and knows how to properly do highlights? Also I would like to pierce a few holes in my ears, and again I went to some piercing place, but they were too scared and did a pretty bad job (luckely, the piercing they did had healed well, and I can do it again) :D . Does anyone know a good (and confident :D) piercing place?

Thanks a lot! :o

Try Nikki at Schwing Salon, Lang Suan Balcony, Soi Lang Suan. tel. 022517727. He trained in the US & has many years experience. He did a pretty good job on my highlights & I wouldn't go anywhere else for a cut.

• 2 weeks later...
If you are willing to fork out the money, go to Toni & Guy at Siam Discovery Center. www.toniandguy.co.th

I Had the exact same issue when I first came to Thailand. There was nobody I would trust to touch my hair however I did decide to risk it one day and went to Toni & Guy. They have one salon in MBK and the other is in Siam Discovery Centre as mentioned above. Expect to pay international prices though.

Other top places are Chalacol located at the Erawan just before the Grand Hyatt hotel not far from Siam and Salon de BKK in Emporium shopping centre.

All top establishments, pricey but worth every penny IMO.

Is there any difference in the salons at MBK and the one in Siam Discovery Center? Which one is recomended?

The Toni & Guy in MBK is the 'essensuals' salon which is a tier below 'Toni & Guy' in Siam Discovery with the main difference being that in Siam Discovery they have much more experienced stylists and directors so I would recommend the T&G in Siam Discovery.

Shiseido in Emporium get my vote. When my stylist started talking about the idiosynchrasies of my hair I nearly fell out of my seat. I haven't heard a hairdresser talk like that since I was back in farangland. Don't know about highlights, but shampoo-cut-dry was 600 baht. Not that the 50 baht places I used to frequent didn't have a certain charm.

Never thought of able to get someone to be our stylish in Bangkok but the search is over. We finally found ours. Miss Chetta from Chetta Lifestyle Salon, Udom Suk 47 (Sukhumvit road 103), tel: 02-3982994. Very experience with farang hair, speak good English, excellent skill, good price, very confident and dare to assure us the result. If this stylish can make my fussy wife (has never been satisfied with any stylish since she moved here to join me for almost 10 months) keep praising then she must be very good.