Chinese men accused of stealing at Suvarnabhumi

webfact

I do travel quite often to countries outside Thailand (Europe/USA/Australia/NZ), but I have never seen a check of luggage tags or tickets as one leaves customs. Which countries do this?

I’ve seen it done at Mexico City Airport but it seemed a bit random, i.e. they would stop certain passengers as they were leaving the carousel with their luggage.

The US is the only country I can think of where non passengers have access to the luggage carousels , certainly in Denver and Minneapolis this happens, probably others that I’ve not noticed.
Seems like Joe Blo can park up walk into the terminal grab a bag and exit without any problem whatsoever.

4 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

Go back to China, buy a new identity and be back on the prowl within a couple of weeks probably

Fingerprint scanning  and biometrics will put an end to that. I wonder what the Chinese Govt will do to them for bring the country into disrepute?

They have been known to exact punishment for crimes committed elsewhere

13 minutes ago, fhickson said:

guy on the left is guilty as hell, just look at his face

Body language expert ??

I am glad you will not be on jury I may ever have to face, no evidence base your verdict on looks, great

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

you kidding right? China will not know about the incident

Yes they will, and yes they'll face the music in China. Foreign arrests are always notified to the relevant embassy, right?

This pair will never leave China again. They'll be met by the Police when they disembark in China.

Air ports are not the only place.I was having lunch at the Hulampong RS Bkk.I only got up to get some water 5min returns to table ,luggage gone back pack gone containing my train ticket ,passport.Have security cameras but very few . Never got anything back.

1 minute ago, Percy P said:

Air ports are not the only place.I was having lunch at the Hulampong RS Bkk.I only got up to get some water 5min returns to table ,luggage gone back pack gone containing my train ticket ,passport.Have security cameras but very few . Never got anything back.

Very distressing, always have my passport and tickets in an internal shirt pocket for safety, along with spare cash and credit cards.

Have several shirts where I have had pockets sewn on the inside 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Percy P said:

Then what are they .Their not Thai

Farang (Thai: ฝรั่ง, [faràŋ], colloquially [falàŋ]) is a generic Thai word for person of white race no matter where they may come from. The Royal Institute Dictionary 1999, the official dictionary of Thai words, defines the word as "a person of white race".

3 minutes ago, Percy P said:

Then what are they,,their not Thai

Chinese

Farang (Thai: ฝรั่ง, [faràŋ], colloquially [falàŋ]) is a generic Thai word for person of white race no matter where they may come from. The Royal Institute Dictionary 1999, the official dictionary of Thai words, defines the word as "a person of white race".

18 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Very distressing, always have my passport and tickets in an internal shirt pocket for safety, along with spare cash and credit cards.

Have several shirts where I have had pockets sewn on the inside 

I do now thanks.

4 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The only country I've seen that done is the USA, and it's very good idea. On the other hand, how often do we hear of someone's suitcase being stolen from the carousel? A very risky thing to do, when the owner of the suitcase might be standing close to you when you try to steal it.

Used to do it in the Philippines, but they stopped.

5 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Chinese

Lol Farang is Thai word for Guava its slang version is green, white and to many of them give you the shits, which is why it is used to referred to us being Farang.

RE - Chinese men accused of stealing at airport

The next may be that the Chinese will steal the whole airport … 

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

Whats the word for Indians, hispanics, blacks?

4 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Fingerprint scanning  and biometrics will put an end to that. I wonder what the Chinese Govt will do to them for bring the country into disrepute?

They have been known to exact punishment for crimes committed elsewhere

I agree that if they come into a port with fingerprint or biometric capability then they are toast. It depends on how porous the land border areas really are.

I wouldnt want to be locked up in a Chinese prison

They will most likely go through 're orientation' if they're sent back to China. they will be gone for years. They will wish for prison. Added to that it's likely they will 'never' get out of China again, even to visit North Korea. They embarrassed the image of Chinese. They would be lucky if they could serve time in a Thai prison. Here's the kicker, either way they will very likely still go through 're orientation' when they get back to the land of the Red Army.

9 hours ago, Catkiwi said:

Risk vs reward...pay for a plane ticket to come to Thailand then pinch a suitcase full of someone else dirty clothes and a lap top worth next to nothing, in one of the most high surveillance areas you could find...Doesn't quite pay good dividends! How thick can you get?

Yeah, that's what I was thinking lol. And why on Earth would you target a Vietnamese tourist of all tourists? lolol 

13 hours ago, Jimdandy said:

They will most likely go through 're orientation' if they're sent back to China. they will be gone for years. They will wish for prison. Added to that it's likely they will 'never' get out of China again, even to visit North Korea. They embarrassed the image of Chinese. They would be lucky if they could serve time in a Thai prison. Here's the kicker, either way they will very likely still go through 're orientation' when they get back to the land of the Red Army.

And perhaps the family having to pay for the cost of the bullet, if the ultimate occurs

On 6/3/2019 at 7:24 AM, legend49 said:

Where did the theft occur in the airport? I often wonder at the busy carousels  anyone can take any luggage as there is no check of luggage tags to boarding ticket ( other countries apply this security measure) as you leave customs area and become non air side.

Its been at least 20 years since anyone checked my bag tags leaving the luggage area of any airport in any country. Granted I haven't been to "Every" country, but I've been to a bunch and it certainly is not common practice. It's pretty much 100% up to you to make sure you get your own bags and then hang on to them!

12 minutes ago, paulbrow said:

Its been at least 20 years since anyone checked my bag tags leaving the luggage area of any airport in any country. Granted I haven't been to "Every" country, but I've been to a bunch and it certainly is not common practice. It's pretty much 100% up to you to make sure you get your own bags and then hang on to them!

True, I have never had it done.