Trump tells Britain to 'walk away' if EU does not yield on Brexit

webfact

5 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

I'm pretty sure that very few agree with your belief that the eu doesn't care about receiving 39bn sterling, or that it is peanuts to the eu......

Edit - Your "Sun readers" comment is below contempt.

i bought the sun nearly everyday for 25-30 years,wouldnt want it delivered free through my letter box now

3 hours ago, terryw said:

Trump is stating the obvious action the UK needs to take. He has as much right to say what he thinks as those in British politics and the media who everyday comment on the USA.

39 billion is a lot of money for the Germans to find, especially with their economy struggling to achieve some growth.

i must of missed germany invading 25 counties

2 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

The interest of the trump administration is solely to weaken Europe. Anyone who thinks Trump is a friend of Europe or the UK, is naive.

correct he envies the EU trading bloc as his nation only has a poor mexico and Canada,oh i forgot to add Cuba ????  as for a UK/USA deal it surely isnt WTO is just fine,isnt it brexiteers 

4 hours ago, evadgib said:

In which case why are they trying so hard to prevent UK leaving?

Back on topic; I wonder if this retweet request will succeed?

how long do,es anyone think the eu will last when uk leaves?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, puipuitom said:

GDP Growth Rate in Germany averaged 0.51 percent from 1970 until 2019, reaching an all time high of 4 percent in the second quarter of 1970 and a record low of -4.50 percent in the first quarter of 2009. So, a 0,4% growth over 2019 is not a disaster. see  https://tradingeconomics.com/germany/gdp-growth  and  https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-04-17/germany-2019-economic-growth-forecast-cut-in-half-to-0-5-percent

Compare their GSDP per capita with the UK, and.. you will cry  https://tradingeconomics.com/germany/gdp-per-capita  

shows how foolish breiteers are to even challenge Germanys track record on growth/jobs/standard of living/know how/technology/ability to produce car/trucks/buses/ships etc, starting from scratch in 1945 was a big help.a bit like the UK will need to with a crash out,JRM did say it could take 50 years,those germans are clever though they reaped the rewards within 20

8 minutes ago, kingdong said:

how long do,es anyone think the eu will last when uk leaves?

27 -1 = 26 so quite a while yet and longer than anyone who posts on here will live,a golf club with 500 members doesnt close when 20 members pass away/leave

• Like 1

2 hours ago, puipuitom said:

Why nobody reads anything about the fundation of this "divorse bill"? It is nothing more as all the UK committed itsself to when still member, inclusive a lot of money going back to projects in the UK, payments of salaries and pensions ( Nigel ! = the money YOU want ), and of course work done for ALL members like Eur Medicine Agency, EFSA, RASFF, all things the UK will stand alone for after a Brexit.

Second: the total YEAR budget of the EU =  €165.8 billion You think, they need that UK contribution ?

Incomplete and incorrect. 

37 minutes ago, bomber said:

27 -1 = 26 so quite a while yet and longer than anyone who posts on here will live,a golf club with 500 members doesnt close when 20 members pass away/leave

And how long with 15 members that don't pay in?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, bomber said:

shows how foolish breiteers are to even challenge Germanys track record on growth/jobs/standard of living/know how/technology/ability to produce car/trucks/buses/ships etc, starting from scratch in 1945 was a big help.a bit like the UK will need to with a crash out,JRM did say it could take 50 years,those germans are clever though they reaped the rewards within 20

Whoopee for Germany! 

6 minutes ago, nauseus said:

And how long with 15 members that don't pay in?

its managed well enough for many years,they may need to pay in in the future,who knows,iam sure £9 billion shared between 26 isnt a great amount,same same £9 billion is very little per citizen of the UK,somebody worked it out a while back on here it was cat arse,expats £15k plus out of pocket and counting would cry at the amount ???? hehe

1 hour ago, bomber said:

proof

QUOTE FROM: https://www.dw.com/en/germanys-eu-bill-to-rise-by-16-percent-post-brexit-report/a-41325116

Germany will need to pay an extra €3.8 billion into the EU's coffers once Britain leaves the bloc. A new report, which is likely to rile German taxpayers, suggests France and Italy will face much lower budget hikes.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, nauseus said:

QUOTE FROM: https://www.dw.com/en/germanys-eu-bill-to-rise-by-16-percent-post-brexit-report/a-41325116

Germany will need to pay an extra €3.8 billion into the EU's coffers once Britain leaves the bloc. A new report, which is likely to rile German taxpayers, suggests France and Italy will face much lower budget hikes.

a report isnt proof but anyway €3.8 billion is peanuts for the wealthy germans,works out at less than a €0.80 per week for every german,or in spoons terms 2 gob fulls of beer,the extra financial income from companies relocating to frankfurt from london alone will offset a fair chuck of it,once again your paranoia of germany is evident.

Edited by bomber
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, damascase said:

I can only hope that the UK won’t listen to this idiot.

And good luck to the negotiators for a US - UK trade deal. It will have ‘America First’ written all over it.

Easy solution there, don't trade with America.

2 hours ago, Pique Dard said:

it isn't a secret, trump has never been fond of the eu. the question is, does he really like the uk? i have my doubts. he knows brexit will weaken the eu but i doubt he cares whether or not the uk will also be affected negatively

I'm sure Trump likes the UK as much as they do him. ????

1 minute ago, IAMHERE said:

I'm sure Trump likes the UK as much as they do him. ????

i bet the queen is relieved when he is gone and relieved he isnt staying overnight at the palace and soaking the bed sheets.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bomber said:

a report isnt proof but anyway €3.8 billion is peanuts for the wealthy germans,works out at less than a €0.80 per week for every german,or in spoons terms 2 gob fulls of beer,the extra financial income from companies relocating to frankfurt from london alone will offset a fair chuck of it,once again your paranoia of germany is evident.

And yet again your maths, assumptions and diagnosis of my paranoia are all just so much horseydoo.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, nauseus said:

How many golf clubs stay afloat when more than half of their members don't pay membership fees for years on end?

they will pay if need be,thats why 26 nations have pro EU majority govts,same same the UK

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1