£ hits new low against the baht

On 6/24/2019 at 12:56 PM, EricTh said:

Thai baht is strengthening against most other currencies as well.

It is testing USD at 30, AUD at 20 level soon. 

will it break below those levels?

Time for some retirees to consider moving elsewhere, Thailand is no longer cheap.

15 years ago i used to take an empty bag with me on every trip to thailand which i used to fill up with cheap clothes etc etc now i find i,m bringing a full bag,full of goods from uk for ex pat mates who are unable to afford same goods in thailand.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2019 at 4:53 PM, mvsaraburi said:

Expect it drop significantly more soon.. the tories are likely to elect a hard brexit supporting PM (probably that buffoon johnson) and have just voted against any prevention of a no deal brexit.  i'd move some sterling into a thai baht account now, not 6 months down the line.  

(Glad I bought some Gold in Saraburi with Baht last October when it was about 20% cheaper than today's prices.  very little else to cheer up this brit being pummelled over here by the lunacy of brexit)

sorry to hear about you being "pummelled" over the "lunacy" of brexit,however having to live in the uk,am glad we,re leaving,hope everything go,es ok for you in the los.

On 6/4/2019 at 5:15 AM, scubascuba3 said:
On 6/4/2019 at 12:51 AM, FritsSikkink said:
The piss poor retirees, don't make much of an impact on the Thai economy.

Chinese stay for 2-3 days only and don't come back and don't support local businesses like falang do

So true , Chinese have good brains , no emotions,  financially motivated .

World leaders, soon.

Edited by elliss

2 hours ago, kingdong said:

sorry to hear about you being "pummelled" over the "lunacy" of brexit,however having to live in the uk,am glad we,re leaving,hope everything go,es ok for you in the los.

I'm sure i'll survive and your concern is noted ????