'Trump baby' balloon to fly outside British parliament as big protests expected

webfact

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 2:49 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

Or.

He's tolerant of the people of the city for which he is mayor expressing their opinions and exercising their democratic right to protest.

Indeed.

We have freedom of speech here in the UK. Just as the First Amendment to the US constitution guarantees the same.

There are a large number of posts here from Trump supporters who seem to have forgotten that First Amendment.

I wonder if these are the same people who vigorously defend the Second Amendment every time we read of yet another mass shooting in the US?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Indeed.

We have freedom of speech here in the UK. Just as the First Amendment to the US constitution guarantees the same.

There are a large number of posts here from Trump supporters who seem to have forgotten that First Amendment.

I wonder if these are the same people who vigorously defend the Second Amendment every time we read of yet another mass shooting in the US?

Yes, no one is suggesting that you shouldnt have free speech 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 7by7 said:

It's my understanding that in the UK there is no law regarding Freedom of Speech, unlike the USA's First Amendment.

5 hours ago, mogandave said:

Freedom of speech does not include freedom to harass people infringe on the rights of others and or cause a public nuisance

And what laws do you think you are citing and in which country?   .... or are you just making it upas you go along?

8 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Such a grossly misinformed comment, it could have been uttered by Trump himself.

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 1:38 PM, 7by7 said:

16 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

It's my understanding that in the UK there is no law regarding Freedom of Speech, unlike the USA's First Amendment.

The UK's constitution is largely unwritten, but the principle of free speech is enshrined not only in common law but also statute law via the Human Rights Act 1998. There are exceptions to this right; some civil offences such as defamation, others criminal such as disseminating obscene materials, making threats of violence, inciting terrorism etc.

16 hours ago, wilcopops said:

Such a grossly misinformed comment, it could have been uttered by Trump himself.

Go on, educate me. What is grossly misinformed about my comment?

22 hours ago, mogandave said:

Freedom of speech does not include freedom to harass people infringe on the rights of others and or cause a public nuisance

No, but in the UK it does include the right of peaceful demonstration.

I am well aware that some elements, both right and left wing, aim to turn peaceful demonstrations violent, but that is no reason to withdraw the right from the majority.

No, but in the UK it does include the right of peaceful demonstration.

I am well aware that some elements, both right and left wing, aim to turn peaceful demonstrations violent, but that is no reason to withdraw the right from the majority.

I think you have me confused with a leftist. I have no desire to restrict free speech.

1 hour ago, mogandave said:

I think you have me confused with a leftist. I have no desire to restrict free speech.

I have not confused you with anyone of any political persuasion, left, right or centre. Merely responded to your post.

In fact, if you actually read what I said, you'd see that I agreed with you!