new car tyres

beau thai

After 6 years /48k km I notice that I need 4 new 165/70 r14- but where to buy?

I see many tyre places as I drive around CM and maybe the bigger ones are very similar for service/price - or maybe some of you have had good/bad experience to share please?

Also brand or maybe they are similar now as with fuel?  I am thinking aqua/rain tyres for safety, rather than long life tyres.

Thanks in advance

Try and stick to a popular brand name. The best are all well known and of course more expensive, Bridgestone Pirelli Goodyear Continental Michelin.

I opted for Firestones which are made by Bridgestone but on mine they were 1900 each, the above brands were 2400-2700 each.

Then you have the Thai brands like Deestone, much cheaper but no way was i going to drive on tyres priced like remoulds!

I had a choice on my tyres with the brand names if i wanted heavy use, long distance,general which you will not get with cheapies.

Do some shopping around lots of full set deals from 7k to 12k though for sure thwy will be for cars not trucks

3 hours ago, niebla said:

After doing a lot of research the big Goodyear shop diagonally across from Thepenya Hospital is the best I found for price and service. Give them a try.

+1 for this place.

They do Goodyear Duraplus which are dirt cheap, though not sure if available in your exact size. They include wheel alignment/balancing and will rotate tyres every 10k and fix punctures for free.

9 hours ago, taotoo said:

+1 for this place.

They do Goodyear Duraplus which are dirt cheap, though not sure if available in your exact size. They include wheel alignment/balancing and will rotate tyres every 10k and fix punctures for free.

I also use this place last few years. Paid 2000 / tire for Goodyears on a Vios with alignment/balance.  Yup they fixed a puncture for free once, waiting room has aircon/wifi. Also they gave a free rotation alignment after 10K , 2nd one at 20K was 400 baht.   Also free nitrogen top offs anytime, I usual come in every 3 months to add a few psi.  I checked a few other shops which had higher pricing.

The big tire shop (huge Michelen sign) next to the Volvo dealer on the Super Highway past Tesco Lotus. I always get Michelin but they have all the popular brands. Owner is a good guy - his name is Chanchai. We have been buying our tires there for about 11 years now. They offer free rotation and balancing every 10K (Michelin sends you a book of coupons in the post) and one free alignment for the life of the tires. Very professional operation. Highly recommended.

Not sure about the size but Michelin's used to be 1500 and then there was a price increase to 1800 or 2000 - I forget.

Fit Auto  by PTT at Don Jun is where i normally go to. Prices reasonable and they have buy 3 free 1 deals. Also PTT Blue card has a pretty good points collection scheme. just paid 9900 for 4 Continental CC6 205/60/15. Had to order though waited about 3 days. DeeStone was priced at 7500. Bought another 4 Michelin Primacy 3ST Tyres for my wife car. Year of tyres 2017 215/55/17 for 15,000 with free 800 Baht Amazon coffee Coupons. Tyres cheaper for previous years stocks. Also buy 3 free 1. 

Many thanks to you all for replying. Just back from the recommended place opposite Teppanya Hospital- Wiang Ping Tyres, with big Goodyear branding.

Very helpful english speaking thai manager- graduated Ohio, 1992.

Put on  the same Maxxis that Nissan factory fitted. 1650 a tyre including reinflate nitrogen mix every 2 months, and rotate and balance every 10k km.

Brilliant. Very happy. Definitely recommend.

Year of tyres 2017 215/55/17 for 15,000 with free 800 Baht Amazon coffee Coupons. Tyres cheaper for previous years stocks. Also buy 3 free 1. 

Do you think those old tires will be more noisy and/or a harder ride compared to new ones?

Been told they get that way after about 3 years from mfg date.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 6/9/2019 at 11:27 AM, taotoo said:

+1 for this place.

And add Helium also for free.

5 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

excellent for reducing down force

When I change 4 or 5 year old tires for new ones I get an improvement in quiet and ride smoothness.

Not with Helium, they will be flat 24/7......????

16 hours ago, tigerbeer said:

instead of making fun just correct the person and say its supposed to be Nitrogen instead of Helium. 

He might have actually used Helium.....We can question it chummy...????

Archived