VIDEO: Tourist Police hunt three foreigners after property vandalised in Bangkok

snoop1130

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Jaybott said:

I agree!  I remember awhile ago some kid from the USA vandalized a car in Singapore.  I think he got three lashes from the cane.  The number of lashes was reduced from the original sentence but at least he received some punishment.

That was 15 years ago. His sentence of 6 lashes was reduced to 4. I was in Singapore at the time, and cheered the sentence, along with everyone else who followed the case there.

55 minutes ago, connda said:

How come we never see the same headline when Thai spray graffiti everywhere?

I know the answer - evil foreigners bad.

I think you know the answer to that but you're asking the stupid question anyway. It's always more newsworthy when a tourist commits a crime in a country, whatever that crime or country may be, particularly when it is something as mindless as graffiti. Google "unruly tourists New Zealand" and look at the amount of media attention a gypsy family got earlier this year for committing crimes that New Zealanders commit every day. 

It's nothing to do with whether or not Thais hate foreigners, but I suspect you already knew that. 

28 years old. Kick them in the nuts. Arrest and deport.

Why so many graffitti cases involving US tourists  lately? I don't think it's this bad in Europe. 

5 hours ago, Jaybott said:

I agree!  I remember awhile ago some kid from the USA vandalized a car in Singapore.  I think he got three lashes from the cane.  The number of lashes was reduced from the original sentence but at least he received some punishment.

That was 15 years ago. His sentence of 6 lashes was reduced to 4. I was in Singapore at the time, and cheered the sentence, along with everyone else who followed the case there.

More: if I recall correctly, the car in question belonged to a judge. Oops! Wrong target...

Not just Americans. Do recall that pair of Liverpool lowlifes that sprayed up in CM a couple of months ago.

6 hours ago, nahkit said:

I think any everyday tourist with even half a brain wouldn't need to be "warned" by these two idiots not to repeat their actions.

I take your point but you left a conditional in your sentence large enough to fly a tourist plane thru.

Doubtless there are many tourist who would meet your requirement, and a few locals as well.

3 hours ago, connda said:

How come we never see the same headline when Thai spray graffiti everywhere?

I know the answer - evil foreigners bad.

I never saw Thais spraying everywhere!!! Where do you saw they?

One guy from Liverpool, one girl from Canada

More: if I recall correctly, the car in question belonged to a judge. Oops! Wrong target...
Not just Americans. Do recall that pair of Liverpool lowlifes that sprayed up in CM a couple of months ago.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I have seen some wonderful wall art, in various parts of the world, this is really not art in any form, merely some vandals at work. The end result will need removing from the surfaces at the first opportunity, 'tagging' as i believe it is called is the result of the mixture of special brew, skunk and Valium, mixed in a jar and consumed by the artist before commencement of work.

A far cry from Van Gough, a carafe of absinthe, and a scapel to the lugger, i'm sure you will agree agree!    

11 hours ago, Emdog said:

Do recall that pair of Liverpool lowlifes that sprayed up in CM a couple of months ago.

Scouser Lee (he spelt it wrong as well 555) and Canadian chubster Brittney. They both got about a month in chokey and 100k baht fines. Mom set up a go fund me to spring her out of the can and maybe pay for art school. 

13 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

Scouser Lee (he spelt it wrong as well 555) and Canadian chubster Brittney. They both got about a month in chokey and 100k baht fines. Mom set up a go fund me to spring her out of the can and maybe pay for art school. 

anyone criticising how another person looks should post a photo of themselves, so we can all see how perfect they look as they cast dispersions on others.

1 hour ago, samsensam said:

anyone criticising how another person looks should post a photo of themselves, so we can all see how perfect they look as they cast dispersions on others.

Welcome to the internet. You must be new around here

UPDATE:

Don't vandalize in Thailand you'll get caught and face jail! - US man warns tourists

1pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

A US man caught spray painting graffiti with a female compatriot had a simple message for other tourists contemplating breaking the law in Thailand:

Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1105017-dont-vandalize-in-thailand-youll-get-caught-and-face-jail-us-man-warns-tourists/

12 hours ago, chama said:

Prison time in Thailand is no joke but they have certainly qualify to see the sites inside those walls.

Is graffiti a jailable sentence where you come from? 

Once again we see the forum posters getting whipped into a frenzy trying to outdo each other in their selection of punishments. 

I abhor graffiti with a vengeance but let's get real guys.  Fine deport and ban. That is what the police propose and that is what will happen.

There won't be any significant  jail time,  canings or public stonings. 

7 hours ago, Peckerhead said:

I have seen some wonderful wall art, in various parts of the world, this is really not art in any form, merely some vandals at work. The end result will need removing from the surfaces at the first opportunity, 'tagging' as i believe it is called is the result of the mixture of special brew, skunk and Valium, mixed in a jar and consumed by the artist before commencement of work.

A far cry from Van Gough, a carafe of absinthe, and a scapel to the lugger, i'm sure you will agree agree!    

Tagging is a result of an idiot with a can of spray paint.  Mind altering substances not required. 

On 6/6/2019 at 11:27 AM, Jaybott said:

4 reduced from 6....them and the other SEA nations paid lip service to Clinton, after all, he too, was a crooked, lying, adulterer. Michael Fay was the vandal. 

Archived