Exclusive: Facebook suspends app pre-installs on Huawei phones

snoop1130

20 hours ago, Buffy Frobisher said:

Finally a good reason to buy a Huawei phone, without all the Facebook, Messenger, WhatsApp and Instagram trackers on it.

I find it ironic that they're worried about Chinese spying, when Facebook (and Google) data harvesting far outweighs anything the Chinese would be looking for.

Are you for real?

16 hours ago, usviphotography said:

It is a game changer because most people are stupid and lazy. Yes, you and I can easily side load an app, but majority of the world isn't that capable. Huawei can certainly do things to make the process easier still, but any kind of inconvenience is going to have a huge impact on sales. Average consumer is just going to say, "screw it, I'll just buy a Samsung instead."

I moved away from Samsung because being preloaded  with so much uninstallable crap aimed  at teenage game players it had no usable space without  an sd card.

Have  used Huawei for years...good solid phone  with few preloads....not  even Facebook.

Now  have a Vivo my wife bought me  for no good reason but also a  nice  phone. Vivo has its own app store too.

The scaremongering  is  having an effect. Several people I know in the market for a new phone  are all wary of Huawei due to it possibly becoming "unfunctional" !

What I  want to know is where is any "proof" of the claims being  made against Huawei? Surely there must be  some way to demonstrate the  claims? If it is in the form of software that is so undetectable by any programming  boffin then we are all probably victim to many such from multiple other sources! Which gives the lie to the attempt to nobble the  major manufacturing competition!

Dirty player? Which?

• Confused 1

I bought my wife a Huawei tablet because it is worth twice what the price was.  She watches dog videos mostly.  They also have google playstore on it.  It is a great picture.  I use Chinese bluetooth headphones too, Bluedio awsome for the price - a fraction of what I paid for my expensive Sony's.  I use 3 Samsung phones daily and the Huawei tablet and a laptop and a PC.  I'm close to 80 years of age and sideload apps every day - no problem.  If the average 30 year old mobile phone user is technically dumber than me the world has a problem. 

Edited by marcusarelus

6 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

I moved away from Samsung because being preloaded  with so much uninstallable crap aimed  at teenage game players it had no usable space without  an sd card.

Have  used Huawei for years...good solid phone  with few preloads....not  even Facebook.

Now  have a Vivo my wife bought me  for no good reason but also a  nice  phone. Vivo has its own app store too.

The scaremongering  is  having an effect. Several people I know in the market for a new phone  are all wary of Huawei due to it possibly becoming "unfunctional" !

What I  want to know is where is any "proof" of the claims being  made against Huawei? Surely there must be  some way to demonstrate the  claims? If it is in the form of software that is so undetectable by any programming  boffin then we are all probably victim to many such from multiple other sources! Which gives the lie to the attempt to nobble the  major manufacturing competition!

Dirty player? Which?

Ah!  There  you  are . lol

The urgency of promotion in social networks no one else raises questions. Today, there is probably no single company that would not be represented on social networks. Social network helps to expand the base of potential customers, likes and followers are also important. Here you can find out how to get them for free.

thinking that Sony isn't the only one to flourish by operating outside of the Big2...

there was also NokiaOki/cum MicrosoftPhone/ cum Nokia again 

still... for me, it comes down to which Apps provide certain Apps, which I cannot do without...

which is why I stay pinned to whoever can provide the Alfred app.

Keeping along that line of thinking, further reinforced my preference to keep with Android, as the same App in the Apple store eventually become non-updatable when the slowly aging Iphone in your hand eventually becomes IOS-Unsupported

- and Alfred on Apple suffers that Directly - whereas Android Alfred Updates will keep on keeping on...

poor old Nokia family never had Alfred ???? which is a pity, as I have a drawer full of various Nokia smartphones retired