New Retirement Visa when is 90days reporting due?

Dears,

Normally I should do now the 90 days reporting, but I renewed my Retirement Visa 2 month ago.

Does the 90 days reporting start from the Visa Renewal date or from the last 90days report date.

(I didn't left the country)

Thanks for your Info.

JH

Applying for a new extension does not reset your 90 day report date unless immigration does a new report for you when you do the application.

You will need to do your report on the date it is due.

• Like 2

I had a small problem last year when I renewed my extension of stay.

They gave me a new 90 day report from the day I did the extension. When I tried to do it online it told me it couldn't be done and I had to visit the office.

On getting to the office the woman behind the counter started yelling that I was late and should have gone in at the original 90 day due date.

I shrugged my shoulders and told her I was told to come in at the new day which was stapled in my passport. With this she disappeared for 20 minutes then came back gave me my next 90 day report date and that was it.

So best to stick with the original date even if they give you a new one. 

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Applying for a new extension does not reset your 90 day report date unless immigration does a new report for you when you do the application.

You will need to do your report on the date it is due.

My retirement extension expires July 31th, for the first time in seven years I have no appointment date before my extension but the 90 days address report August 20th? I  showed it to the young lady to whom I gave my passport, she said,  your extension will end the 31st of July OK so please come ten days before.  That all!

Because of a new passport, the 90 days report was shifted, but the 90 days report after my yearly extension I find it weird.

10 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

Because of a new passport, the 90 days report was shifted, but the 90 days report after my yearly extension I find it weird.

Not sure how getting a new passport changed your reporting date unless they did a new report for you when they transferred your stamps.

Not unusual for the report date to be after the date your extension ends.

1 hour ago, atyclb said:

online 90 day didnt work so went to chang wattana. they had no interest in the photocopies of passport and visa stuff i made. 

Some/most offices just read the barcode on your current report and print out a new one.

In Pattaya, after your first report, they haven't asked for the  application form, proof of address or photocopies of passport pages in several years.

Not sure why some people continue to refer to it as an address report since a change of address would require notification within 24 hours of the move, not when you do the next 90 day report.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, berybert said:

So best to stick with the original date even if they give you a new one. 

If you do another 90 day report, you should get a receipt to keep in your passport and this should not be an issue. 

So I arrived back into Thailand today (8 June) and my 0-A visa was stamped to expire 1 year on (8 June 2020) which is all good. My 90 day report date in my passport is 27 July. Will that now change?

thanks in advance. Cheers. 

51 minutes ago, ianezy0 said:

So I arrived back into Thailand today (8 June) and my 0-A visa was stamped to expire 1 year on (8 June 2020) which is all good. 

Wrong. Your O-A visa will expire 1 year after its date of emission not the date you enter in Thailand.

The Authorisation Of Stay that you got at the airport is valid for 1 year (but then your visa will be expired)

51 minutes ago, ianezy0 said:

My 90 day report date in my passport is 27 July. Will that now change?

You 90-day as been reset. You will have to report in 89 days.

4 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Wrong. Your O-A visa will expire 1 year after its date of emission not the date you enter in Thailand.

The Authorisation Of Stay that you got at the airport is valid for 1 year (but then your visa will be expired)

You 90-day as been reset. You will have to report in 89 days.

Thanks for the comment. 89 days from 8 June is good news. 

Not too sure on your comments re visa expiry.

Todays stamp in my passport states an 0-A visa stamp now valid until 8 June 2020. Date of expiry on Visa is 1 Nov 2019. I do know I can get up to 23 months on the same visa, I.e. when I return late Oct 2019 from Vietnam I will obtain another stamp to last until Oct 2020. This is all on my O-A visa. After that I can apply for an Extension of Stay which is when the O-A visa will expire. Many helpful posters on here also gave me this info. In short, it is not an authorisation of stay but an extension to the validity of the visa. That’s as I understood it anyway through all the trees that are in the way!! Cheers again ????

Edited by ianezy0

7 hours ago, ianezy0 said:

Thanks for the comment. 89 days from 8 June is good news. 

Not too sure on your comments re visa expiry.

Todays stamp in my passport states an 0-A visa stamp now valid until 8 June 2020. Date of expiry on Visa is 1 Nov 2019. I do know I can get up to 23 months on the same visa, I.e. when I return late Oct 2019 from Vietnam I will obtain another stamp to last until Oct 2020. This is all on my O-A visa. After that I can apply for an Extension of Stay which is when the O-A visa will expire. Many helpful posters on here also gave me this info. In short, it is not an authorisation of stay but an extension to the validity of the visa. That’s as I understood it anyway through all the trees that are in the way!! Cheers again ????

Your permission to stay based on that Visa/Entry is until 8th June 2020. Your Visa will expire as before and that does not change. If you leave and re-enter Thailand before 1 Nov 2019, you will receive another 1 year Permission of Stay.

Visas cannot be extended. You have misunderstood a little. 

When you hear the term 'Extension', it actually applies to the Permission to Stay. Don't worry though, it is a frequent error and many use the wrong terminology. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Your permission to stay based on that Visa/Entry is until 8th June 2020. Your Visa will expire as before and that does not change. If you leave and re-enter Thailand before 1 Nov 2019, you will receive another 1 year Permission of Stay.

Visas cannot be extended. You have misunderstood a little. 

When you hear the term 'Extension', it actually applies to the Permission to Stay. Don't worry though, it is a frequent error and many use the wrong terminology. 

Cheers jacko45k. 

I doubt Thaivisa would exist if the Thai Immigration was straight forward. ????????

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

Some/most offices just read the barcode on your current report and print out a new one.

In Pattaya, after your first report, they haven't asked for the  application form, proof of address or photocopies of passport pages in several years.

Not sure why some people continue to refer to it as an address report since a change of address would require notification within 24 hours of the move, not when you do the next 90 day report.

another interesting tidbit is they stamped date 90 day report date May 11, 2020 though it should have been 2019. info desk and counter to get queu number didnt notice it until i pointed it out, then lady crossed out 2020 and wrote 2019

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Not sure how getting a new passport changed your reporting date unless they did a new report for you when they transferred your stamps.

Not unusual for the report date to be after the date your extension ends.

When they transferred the stamps my next report was 60 days later instead of 90.

"Not unusual for the report date to be after the date your extension ends"   OK, never happened to me before.

Honest to God, the only thing keeping me in this country now is the fact that my wife is a local. If it wasn’t for that I would be long gone.

Their attitude is totally wrong. Farang do this, farang do that, farang have to pay money.