Australia announces record 1.8 TON seizure of crystal meth shipped from Thailand

rooster59

29 minutes ago, faraday said:

And millions more drug addicts.

I doubt it, but the notion that you will stop people taking drugs

is just incredible stupid and way way out dated.

Ps,  A drug user,  is not a drug addict. 

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, stanleycoin said:

I doubt it, but the notion that you will stop people taking drugs

is just incredible stupid and way way out dated.

Ps,  A drug user,  is not a drug addict. 

If one uses any drug too frequently, the usage, becomes a compulsion, & then is addictive, which in turn can sometimes & does lead to, addiction.

Do you think that legalization of Narcotics is a good idea?

If not, then which one's?

The 1.8 tons of drugs, which have an estimated street value of $835 million, were hidden inside stereo speakers shipped from Thailand.

Are these metric tons with 1,000 kg per ton?

Who estimated the street value?

1.8 grams for the amazing amount of $ 830? 

23 minutes ago, faraday said:

If one uses any drug too frequently, the usage, becomes a compulsion, & then is addictive, which in turn can sometimes & does lead to, addiction.

Do you think that legalization of Narcotics is a good idea?

If not, then which one's?

If you read post 8,  that should answer your question.

Just for a minute,  i thought you were starting to sound like the guys in charge banning drugs around the world, who,  have totally lost the war on drugs,  but keep flying the flag at all the small battles they win. :whistling:

Sadly, Australia has gone the way of many countries whereby doing drugs is by choice and preferred indulgent, crime is on the increase and the courts of law has to find a way to deal with stoned and confused people who commit crime under the stopper of drugs, Once upon a time Australia was a good country to live there, Not so much now...

When Australia has a new Prime Minister every year it’s hard to set up strategic public programmes to battle the drug consumption

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

Maybe Legalize all drugs, you get

Control, Tax revenue, and Bad boys out of business.

Win, Win, Win.

A drug bust on this scale is testament to countries doing it all wrong.

for the last 50 100 years. :jap:

Ridiculous statement.if you legalise it the government would tax the nuts out of it and would become the bad boy dealer in the chain.the price would not come down and you will still have drug related crime but a lot more of it and all the problems of addiction.this ain't your old wacky Baccy we are talking about.this is a crazy,addictive,soul destroying poison.it ruins people's lives and those around them.just because you are losing the war on drugs don't mean it's wrong to do it.its too easy to pull out the white flags and say oh we give up let's legalise it.

3 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

If you read post 8,  that should answer your question.

Just for a minute,  i thought you were starting to sound like the guys in charge banning drugs around the world, who,  have totally lost the war on drugs,  but keep flying the flag at all the small battles they win. :whistling:

Legalization is not the answer.

Do you really think that the cartels & etc, would suddenly stop selling, if they became legal?

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

That is a serious shipment and someone is going to be hurting very badly financially.

The big question to ask of course, is while they are catching record amounts, how much of if is getting through?

Demand will always create a supply after all, and there is a lot of money involved.

Somebody in uniform somewhere having a very bad day today??? :dry:

That's certainly heavyweight weight, and I'd presume, someone heavyweight is ultimately behind it.

And of course, they didn't catch it coming out of Thailand.... only upon arrival in Australia...

7 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

Got to be the Falangs did it.

get em.

Falangs are always responsible for everything bad or good...that's why Thailand must get rid of them no matter what the consequnece.

4d16a702b639d272bb82e755cb211d3e82c9a18cb3f9cfa55a395bc297ffeb0b.jpg

38 minutes ago, happy chappie said:

Ridiculous statement.if you legalise it the government would tax the nuts out of it and would become the bad boy dealer in the chain.the price would not come down and you will still have drug related crime but a lot more of it and all the problems of addiction.this ain't your old wacky Baccy we are talking about.this is a crazy,addictive,soul destroying poison.it ruins people's lives and those around them.just because you are losing the war on drugs don't mean it's wrong to do it.its too easy to pull out the white flags and say oh we give up let's legalise it.

If you say so.:coffee1:.

There is only one way to think, when it comes to drugs.

download.jpg

19 minutes ago, faraday said:

Legalization is not the answer.

Do you really think that the cartels & etc, would suddenly stop selling, if they became legal?

Yes it is, one avenue that should be looked at..

Yes they would stop, if there was no money in it.

Money is why they went into it,  in the first place !!!!!!!!!!!!.

But again, there is only one way to think, right. 

images.png

Speaking rhetorically, what's wrong with this picture:

--When I go to mail any large envelope or any size box at the Thai post office, even domestically, I have to provide my original passport ID in order to send them.

--in the past at times, I've shipped into Thailand some small packages from home containing 1 or 2 lbs bags of things like a special oatmeal I like, or some small candies like Reese's Pieces that I can't get here... All in retail packaging and properly declared. And yet some customs inspector here has decided, more than once, to open my boxes, rip open the retail packaging bags, and then leave them torn open after inspection for the contents to spill out into the shipping box -- effectively ruining the contents.

--And yet, the same folks can't manage to find and stop 1.8 tons of methamphetamine from being shipped out of the country???

2 minutes ago, stanleycoin said:

Yes it is, one avenue that should be looked at..

Yes they would stop, if there was no money in it.

Money is why they went into it,  in the first place !!!!!!!!!!!!.

But again, there is only one way to think, right. 

images.png

'Pipe & Slippers' - what an absurd comment. :cheesy:

The suppliers, who probably have more influence than we will ever know, would stymie it.

Guess you'd be happy with Class A drugs being even more available to all?

Incredible!

9 minutes ago, faraday said:

'Pipe & Slippers' - what an absurd comment. :cheesy:

The suppliers, who probably have more influence than we will ever know, would stymie it.

Guess you'd be happy with Class A drugs being even more available to all?

Incredible!

What part of Legalize drugs, don't you understand.

Incredible,

Educate yourself a bit. do a Google on drugs and Portugal. 

We don't all think like you.

1 minute ago, stanleycoin said:

What part of Legalize drugs, don't you understand.

Incredible,

Educate yourself a bit. do a Google on drugs and Portugal. 

We don't all think like you.

I went to Casal Ventosa before you were born, I expect.

7 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

Maybe Legalize all drugs, you get

Control, Tax revenue, and Bad boys out of business.

Win, Win, Win.

A drug bust on this scale is testament to countries doing it all wrong.

for the last 50 100 years. :jap:

Legalize Methamphetamine? - Are you out of your mind? - Have you seen what this drug does to people?.  You're an idiot!

21 minutes ago, Lenny Jones said:

Legalize Methamphetamine? - Are you out of your mind? - Have you seen what this drug does to people?.  You're an idiot!

That's not very nice. :coffee1:

Ps , yes i have seen what it does to some people.

not all users are nut cases.. but maybe in your book.

5 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

The 1.8 tons of drugs, which have an estimated street value of $835 million, were hidden inside stereo speakers shipped from Thailand.

Are these metric tons with 1,000 kg per ton?

Who estimated the street value?

1.8 grams for the amazing amount of $ 830? 

I was curious about your post, so I went to google and asked: How much is a gram of ice in Australia? And I was surprised to get this quick info returned:  

Price of ice in Australia at $650 per gram. Wynne quotes Chris Dawson, head of the Australian Crime Commission, as saying that the demand for ice, also known as crystal meth, has doubled over the recent years. He adds that in China, ice users pay $100 a gram.Jun 10, 2015

As for the debate going on about the legalization of substances such as methamphetamine, heroin, and other drugs in that class, the "War on Drugs" and the approach taken for decades has clearly failed in either reducing usage or disrupting distribution. A definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing but expect different results, and that seems to be exactly what those who have been in charge in most places have been doing.

People are going to take and become addicted to drugs. That's an undeniable fact, so wouldn't it make some sense to try a different approach to the problem -- one that can focus on helping people rather than condemning them?   

Archived