So, what happened to the McWALEN guy??

17 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Okey you defend him because his school was an paying advertiser on this website.

Who's defending what now?

The percentage of 'students' that honestly wanted to learn the lingo through ALL such establishments was hugely eclipsed by the number of 'students' that just wanted to hang out, long time in LOS. There wasn't any meaningful certificate of education that was earned here.

The guy was just one of many who monetized a Thai Immigration gravy train. Who he paid any advertising fees to, like your bizarre need to find something debatable here, is largely irrelevant.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Who's defending what now?

The percentage of 'students' that honestly wanted to learn the lingo through ALL such establishments was hugely eclipsed by the number of 'students' that just wanted to hang out, long time in LOS. There wasn't any meaningful certificate of education that was earned here.

The guy was just one of many who monetized a Thai Immigration gravy train. Who he paid any advertising fees to, like your bizarre need to find something debatable here, is largely irrelevant.

He claimed to have a special system (memorizing words and sentences) to learn how to speak Thai faster then other language schools. That claim wasn’t true at all.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

He claimed to have a special system (memorizing words and sentences) to learn how to speak Thai faster then other language schools. That claim wasn’t true at all.

Did you purchase and participate in this course? If yes and it didn't work for you then I can see why you keep going on about it. If you are claiming it's because you know of some people that it didn't work out for, then I suggest maybe it's time to let it go. Pretty sure the people you know have done so already.

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Did you purchase and participate in this course? If yes and it didn't work for you then I can see why you keep going on about it. If you are claiming it's because you know of some people that it didn't work out for, then I suggest maybe it's time to let it go. Pretty sure the people you know have done so already.

The topic is Mc Walen so just try to give some valuable background information.

2 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

The topic is Mc Walen so just try to give some valuable background information.

The topic is actually about his long-expired SET beginners investors classes and bugger all to do with his ED visa based business venture.

On 6/13/2019 at 8:52 PM, Destiny1990 said:

he did nothing different than what entrepreneurs do selling a product or services... and let's not forget the politicians or what the... the whole world surrounding us does. :coffee1:

25 minutes ago, Naam said:

he did nothing different than what entrepreneurs do selling a product or services... and let's not forget the politicians or what the... the whole world surrounding us does. :coffee1:

Yeah that’s right..

in all fairness the guy is trying to have an original approach on matters but for a teacher and or for a SET coaching guy I rather sign up with a successful person.

• Like 1

I always like these "whatever happened to" stories or threads....

The Thai EN language media does a horrible job of following up most of the time on the things they report on.... And that then translates into the threads here, where things surface and you never know the ultimate outcome.

I'm guessing, just guessing, that the average farang-owned business probably doesn't have a very long average lifespan in Thailand... Who knows, McWalen may well have outlasted the average.

they do say 'if you don't have something nice to say .......'   etc  ,   but as I recall,  it  did make a difference ,  as it  particularly does in Thailand,  Cui Bono,  on  the guys  posts ,   sort of lack of ethics and scruples from  any such  outfit  in  Thai,  or anything having to do with 'investing' ;

glad to not hear that guys name in a long time,  and going forward ..... though,  obtaining a visa is fairly innocuous ,  or how thai woman are treated in Thailand less so,   his type of investing  was  likely  not ....... barge pole suggested

but yeah track him down on his  fb page   and have  a chat  ????

Edited by mooping20Baht
a

I attended a few classes at Walen, actually the method worked quite well... of course if you are 60 and never attend classes you are not going to learn anything. Everything I learnt at Walen stuck into my head, even 10 years later still fresh.

8 minutes ago, JohnnyBKK said:

I attended a few classes at Walen, actually the method worked quite well... of course if you are 60 and never attend classes you are not going to learn anything. Everything I learnt at Walen stuck into my head, even 10 years later still fresh.

Nice to know age is so important.  If you are under 60 you don't have to attend class to learn.  

1 hour ago, marcusarelus said:
1 hour ago, JohnnyBKK said:

Nice to know age is so important.  If you are under 60 you don't have to attend class to learn.  

after being resident for nearly 15 years i've reached a rather high level of Thai language commandment. i greet people "suppa dee crap" meaning "dinner wasn't well prepared" and tell the chap who wants to double charge a Farang "crap, crap!" meaning "no thank you". only recently my wife caught up with my superior knowledge. she knows both versions (female version) too. 

indeed Naam, I find shouting crap while smiling when being heckled in a tourist area always helps me too.

Admittedly I have a decade or two of youth on my side but my high level Thai extends to all sorts of sophisticated ways of demonstrating I don't understand and what I do understand I am not all that sure the question asked was correct

• Haha 1