Jump to content

Video: Mud covered motorcycle emerges from the Pattaya depths - 3 teens seriously hurt


webfact

Recommended Posts

Video: Mud covered motorcycle emerges from the Pattaya depths - 3 teens seriously hurt

 

5pm.jpg

Picture: Ruk Siam News

 

A video on the site of Ruk Siam News showed a crane winching a motorcycle from a mud and water filled trench on Central Pattaya road Soi 9. 

 

The vehicle was once a white Honda Skoopy with three female teens on it. 

 

When police arrived at 2 am Sunday there was already a fair sized crowd and some traffic. Sawang Boriboon rescue had already taken the injured - two of them seriously - to Pattaya Memorial. 

 

The media said that the two meter deep, three meter long trench was not lit up and just had a barrier. 

 

It has been the cause of many accidents yet nothing is done to prevent them, they said. 

 

The victims were named as Thipparat and Thippawan Salangam, both 14 and 16 year old Chiphada Puangcheun. 

 

All are recovering in hospital and are yet to give evidence in the matter. 

 

Source: Ruk Siam News

 

 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-10
 
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, webfact said:

It has been the cause of many accidents yet nothing is done to prevent them, they said.

Yet again no one takes responsibility, no one held responsible, no one seems to care !!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, webfact said:

The media said that the two meter deep, three meter long trench was not lit up and just had a barrier. 

 

It has been the cause of many accidents yet nothing is done to prevent them, they said. 

Alerting motorists to dangers is not a strong point over here. Unlit roadworks are common and many times I have seen a branch with a sprig of leaves sticking out of a bloody big crater as the only warning. Often it seems, something is only done about any of it, AFTER a very nasty and sometimes fatal accident.

Hope the girls all make a full recovery quickly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, johng said:

Yet again no one takes responsibility, no one held responsible, no one seems to care !!!

Things like this can be seen all over Thailand. The road works on the end of Hwy 36 may also be contenders at  the moment. Smaller holes and edges on the roads are deadly and common. It isn't a problem here until someone dies or is badly injured.... oh and it gets into the News. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, briansbiology said:

kids on bikes, holes in the road with no lighting ,videos and pictures of accidents to gawk at and nobody taking responsibility: Now that is Thai! 

very typical.....of this place....in FACT it is diabolical that roadworks are NOT highlighted....just HOW did they know that there was a deep trench there....they should sue who ever is responsible for a large ammount

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's another story in a long litany of folly and callousness.

 

Like the overhead expressway being built from Bkk to Pattaya. Work stopped for a while when construction had reached just past Central City Bangna, but city-bound traffic was allowed up to the nearby exit ramp. The problem was, of course, that only a couple of concrete barriers were set down (and no lights) to prevent drivers from continuing straight ahead and driving off the end of the incompleted roadway. But in the darkness and on an unfamiliar stretch of road, the inevitable happened and a car plunged off the end, killing two. I believe a low-level engineer was charged and received a suspended prison sentence.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Teenagers without licenses and insurance.

 

This moment of instant karma brought to you by...

does it matter in this case.....the authorities are at fault for NOT identifying a deep trench..

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, johng said:

Yet again no one takes responsibility, no one held responsible, no one seems to care !!!

Simply, no money to be had from all your above mentioned, however, smoke or ride without licence of helmet and other silly bylaws and there will plenty people who will care to fleece you...

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, briansbiology said:

kids on bikes, holes in the road with no lighting ,videos and pictures of accidents to gawk at and nobody taking responsibility: Now that is Thai! 

and look at the TIME at their ages they SHOULD be in bed, sleeping !!

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, essox essox said:

in FACT it is diabolical that roadworks are NOT highlighted....just HOW did they know that there was a deep trench there

I think those huge plastic orange barriers might have been a clue. Most sensible people would slow down and carefully consider where they are going when they see those.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

I think those huge plastic orange barriers might have been a clue. Most sensible people would slow down and carefully consider where they are going when they see those.

....assuming they had their lights on and could see 'em.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought at their age with no licence(?) they were only allowed to ride their bikes to school and back home. Why didnt they see the barriers, drunk/drugs and at their age why were they allowed out at 2am, shows pathetic parenting once again, nothing new in Thailand

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, evadgib said:

....assuming they had their lights on and could see 'em.

They were on a Honda  Scoopy, automatic headlights. The bulb could have been out though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Dexlowe said:

Like the overhead expressway being built from Bkk to Pattaya.

When that road was being constructed it was responsible for many accidents, it was a nightmare, consequences of construction in Thailand! I reckon Sukhumvit Road over the years has killed as many people as the WWI !

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 problems here , one is a mud filled crater , is it really impossible to see  , the other , 3 girls on a scooter at 2 am which one was driving although likely none had a licence . Was it 16 yo Chipolata Pungent ?

Anyway altogether now ' Hang on Scoopy scoopy hang on '

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, sotsira said:

Three girls on a scooter, two 14yrs old and one 16yrs old

at 2am. 

Need I say more?

Yes; say more! What are you getting at?

 

These three girls might have been on a life-saving mission! Or going to English lessons. Or going fishing even. Or simply going up the chippie. Who knows!?

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

These three girls might have been on a life-saving mission! Or going to English lessons. Or going fishing even.

...or returning home from a party (including you know what). As you said: who knows. What we know is that the driver couldn't handle the situation. I'll bet my last baht that it wasn't the big hole in the road that suddenly emerged and swallowed them.

 

Hope they'll recover and learned a lesson.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, seajae said:

I thought at their age with no licence(?) they were only allowed to ride their bikes to school and back home. Why didnt they see the barriers, drunk/drugs and at their age why were they allowed out at 2am, shows pathetic parenting once again, nothing new in Thailand

 

Perhaps the 16yo was driving?

Makes no difference, a 46 year old can drive into a hole too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CGW said:

When that road was being constructed it was responsible for many accidents, it was a nightmare, consequences of construction in Thailand! I reckon Sukhumvit Road over the years has killed as many people as the WWI !

Damn right it did. My office was down the highway, and hardly a day went by without me seeing smashed vehicles or vehicles in the central storm drain. It was a shocking and disgraceful example of irresponsibility and callous disregard for life. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

They would have understood and avoided the hole if a tree branch had been used to mark the construction hole instead of a barrier. :tongue:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...