"Foreigners" who stole antiques from Hat Yai restaurant turn out to be Thais

webfact

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are 69+ million Thai and a considerable fewer number of "foreigners" in-country at any time. It would be reasonable to believe that more crimes are commited by Thais and it is understandable for the media to attach a "foreigner" lable to point out that the criminal minority is outnumbered by the criminal majority. ????

8 hours ago, seajae said:

wonder if there will be an apology to foreigners or he will simply shut up due to loss of face, this shows how some thais look at all foreigners and how they think thais are perfect, thew reporters really need to make him face up to his false claims

About as much chance as any xenophobic Brits, Yanks or Aussies etc would apologise for wrongly blaming foreigners or immigrants for any perceived slight.

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The demonization of foreigners continues unabated. With the army being re-elected, expect more of this nonsense. It filters down from the top, with the nitwit, racist, hate mongers, in the army. It filters down to all levels of government, and even some foolish civilians are buying into it. I feel like one of Trump's hated "immigrants" here, sometimes. Fortunately, I think most of the Thai people are fine with us. But, the army? Five more years of these nonsensical, nationalistic, fake puritan diatribes? 

Settle down Mike,

it was an antique bicycle and a buffalo head. Stop tearing yourself apart with every alleged infraction

Time for you to leave the kingdom perhaps?

5 hours ago, connda said:

Police: So what did the thief look like.
Witness: Well, they looked like farang.  You know - shifty, dishonest, whiter skin, a little tall, round eyes - criminal looking you know!
Police: Yes, sound like farang alright.  Stealing anything in sight.  See all the graffiti in town - all farang work.  No respect for Thailand.  Dine and dashers too.  There was a farang in Bangkok who ate thousands of baht worth of food a expensive restaurants before he was caught. 
Witness: I thought that was a Thai?
Police: No no no.  Only farang do that.  
Witness: True.  Look at the nasty farang woman doing yoga at Thai temples.  She should be deported.
Police: We try our best miss.  Don't worry, we'll caught those evil farang who stole your bicycles.  They are probably criminals who have overstayed their visas too.
Witness: Good.  Lock them up and then kick the buffalo kee butts out of our virtuous country.
Police: We are working on that miss.  We're trying to get rid of all of them except for their millionaires.  The rest are no good scum.  We're working on new laws to get rid of the hoi polloi.  Have patience.
Witness: May Buddha bless you and curse these evil farang.

===24 hours later
Witness: They were Thais?  Oh my goodness.  Those must be the men we loaned the bikes to.  Go ahead and take them for a spin.  You're Thais.  We trust you!!!

Presumably you are no longer in Thailand.

Pure speculation on my behalf.... you are an intelligent European man with a good education but got done good and proper by an uneducated farmers daughter and now post bitterly and incessantly on this forum for reasons only known to you.

Am I right?

5 hours ago, connda said:

Good point.  11 years married and everything is my fault.  I've been in worse relationships.  Plus she is post-menopausal and has a lot of pent up hate.  You would not know it if you met her though.  Her customer service skills are beyond anything I've seen in Thais, and for that matter a lot of Westerners.  
But living with her. A challenge.  Why do I stay married?  I've sunk roots here.  I've sunk assets here.  I have a step-kid I love and a granddaughter I adore.  So - family.  That's what keeps me here.  Plus I can shrug off almost anything.  Plus I have enough space on our land to not have to sit in the same room with a pissed out, angry, woman.  Me, the dogs, the cats - we have a great life.  Mutual compassion and affection.  
But - Vacuum, you are correct.  Lord, I get blamed for anything from the sun coming up, to how hot it is, to the sun going down.  So what.  In the US I had two really, really abusive wives.  This one is angry all the time, but doesn't come close to the abusiveness of those other two <laughs> farang women! Lol

Interesting.....you are basically trapped and vent on the forum. I feel sorry for you. You mention plan b and c...What is yours and why have you not executed it?

Pretty obvious why.

I find it ironic that that the suspects in this case have their faces blurred. Had it been foreigners the cops would have been standing next to them with big ole cheese eating grins. A bit hypocritical Thailand, don’t you think?

Just now, k9guy62 said:

I find it ironic that that the suspects in this case have their faces blurred. Had it been foreigners the cops would have been standing next to them with big ole cheese eating grins

Emptypockets ..... looks like we need a deflection/rebuttal here ... Lets GO!  :biggrin:

10 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

I've come close several times to accusing a Thai of something, only to realize later that I would have been in the wrong. I think everybody's falsely accused or thought about falsely accusing someone. The embarassment when you discover you were wrong is lasting. I'm sure this guy has learned his lesson. No need to pile on the guy. Forgive and forget.

He's being piled on because most of us are assuming (probably correctly, given Thai culture) that he'll never apologize or admit he was wrong; that rankles me more than the ignorant xenophobia.  The reporters should also be piled on for not following up with the owner.  

The annoyance in this thread seems more a general rather than personal indictment of two counter-productive aspects of this culture: face and ignorance.

And, yes, they ARE counter-productive.  Cultural relativism be damned.

They hate us here, We are just ATM’s to be robbed, Such  a Selfish Society...I’m outta here, been here since 2007, Enough the girls are getting Greedy and Pumpui, only what they can get off you, it was so nice back in 2007, It’s all Greed , Now, I live in Korat, girls here are Ruthless Peasants, trained by Momma

15 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Glad this story has a happy ending. LOL

Does show the intolerance so many Thais have towards foreigners though.

If something really nasty happens, it must have been a farang, cos Thai's wouldn't do that, right?

Intolerance I understand. This is just racism. Except to our brainwashed fellows who claim Thais cannot be racist

Archived